Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been seeing a guy since the end of May. He is quite a lot older than me, but age has never been an issue. He hasn't been in a relationship for over 5 years due to a combination of being hurt in the past and not meeting anyone he clicked with. We met naturally through work, and I began texting him. In the beginning the texts were very steamy and he always texted back. The relationship took the natural route of simmering down and becoming more serious and about feelings rather than just sex. Don't get me wrong, we're still sleeping together frequently.

We have a great time together, always laughing and smiling and acting REALLY couple-y when we're with each other. I've met all of his immediate family (which he says is a huge step for him, having not taken a girl home for nearly 6 years) and all of his friends- about 20+ of them.

We also live about half an hour away by train or an hours drive- but we meet up at least once a week and I normally stay at his for a couple of days.

He doesn't want to officially call us 'boyfriend and girlfriend' which I'm okay with, because he says it is too much at the moment. I still call him most days and we have a laugh and nice conversation.

The long and short of it is I've fallen in love with this man. However, I feel like I'm the only one doing so. Why do men wait so long to text or call you? I always feel like I'm waiting to hear from him. Having just read the abridged version of 'He's Just Not That Into You' I'm beginning to wonder if he is just typically male and not that connected to his phone (he frequently says he doesn't look at his phone and just leaves it lying around the house) or if he just doesn't want a relationship. I am moving to uni in September, but will still be on the same train line- two hours away on the train and an hour and a half drive away. I've said I'm going to try and make it work, and he's said he will make an effort to come and see me too. Whenever I talk to him about it he assures he will make more of an effort. Finally, he is very deep and emotional and not in a great place mentally right now. He's happy when he's around me but when left to his own devices he gets really caught up in thinking about things in great detail.

Am I reading too much into this? Are men just not that into making contact? Should I just wait and see or talk to him about it? Any views from males would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.