Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gorgeous with average brains or very intelligent with average looks watch

• View Poll Results: Gorgeous with average brains or very intelligent with average looks
    Guys: I'd rather be very good looking, of average intelligence and have a very good looking partner with average intelligence
    13.36%
    Guys: I'd rather be very good looking, of average intelligence and have an average looking partner who is highly intelligent
    0.72%
    Guys: I'd rather be average looking and highly intelligent and have a very good looking partner who is of average intelligence
    20.22%
    Guys: I'd rather be average looking and highly intelligent and have an average looking partner who is highly intelligent
    23.10%
    Girls: I'd rather be very good looking, of average intelligence and have a very good looking partner with average intelligence
    8.66%
    Girls: I'd rather be very good looking, of average intelligence and have an average looking partner who is highly intelligent
    8.30%
    Girls: I'd rather be average looking and highly intelligent and have a very good looking partner who is of average intelligence
    2.17%
    Girls: I'd rather be average looking and highly intelligent and have an average looking partner who is highly intelligent
    23.47%

ReputationRep:
    If you had to choose : Which one would you rather be and which one would you rather your partner be?

ReputationRep:
    Highly intelligent with average looks if I was male, and highly gorgeous with average brains if I was female. Women's power is largely dependent upon their aesthetic value (i.e. how attractive they are), whereas a man's power is dependent on far more than just how attractive he is.

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous with average brains for definate

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous with average brains as I am the Intelligent one with average looks

ReputationRep:
    Very intelligent with average looks for both.

I value intelligence far higher than looks. Who wants to be beautiful but barely able to string a sentence together? Certainly not me!

ReputationRep:
    Crap answer I know but I wouldn't mind either if her personality was cool and she had similar interests to me ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryripple)
    Intelligent with average looks for both. Looks fade.
    So does intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm both intellegent and gorgeous.
    Though I'm okay if my partner was very intelligent with average looks

A man loves with his eyes, a woman loves with her ears

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous with average intelligence

Intelligence means pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things. Very intelligent doesn't mean a great personality. I think I could relate to someone of average intelligence than someone who's super intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick the first choice if I want to smurf them, but if I want to have a long term relationship I'd pick the second.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    Highly intelligent with average looks if I was male, and highly gorgeous with average brains if I was female. Women's power is largely dependent upon their aesthetic value (i.e. how attractive they are), whereas a man's power is dependent on far more than just how attractive he is.
    how sexist :haughty:

i choose intelligent man with average looks.

ReputationRep:
    gorgeous with an average brain.. i get intimidated by overly intelligent people, and i'm not amazingly clever myself, so i doubt we'd have much to talk about.

although if he was gorgeous, i'd worry that i wasn't good enough and that he'd run off with someone else..

ohh.. i dunno. average brain, average looks. there wasn't an option for that, but it's what i choose.

ReputationRep:
    Average intelligence is all I would really care about in a girl. Being a complete idiot I would find annoying, but so long as they can understand you and talk about stuff then that's fine so average and gorgeous please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    Very intelligent with average looks for both.

I value intelligence far higher than looks. Who wants to be beautiful but barely able to string a sentence together? Certainly not me!
    People of average intelligence are able to string a sentence together.

ReputationRep:
    gorgeous with average brains

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous with intelligence plz.
    If not, I'll take the average looking intelligent one, but I really don't like to comprimise

ReputationRep:
    Me: Fantastic looking, average
    Him: Average looking, intelligent

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous with average brains. Being intelligent doesn't makes someone a nice person. I value sense of humour, empathy, and creativity more than a high IQ.

ReputationRep:
    this is TSR everyone wants to be geniouses!!

ReputationRep:
    Even I am impressed with my shallow answer but I'm already average at everything and if I had to choose I would pick better looks since I don't think being more intelligent will add anything more for me to be happier. It's all about being happy anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.