Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dandruff - bane of my life! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I second going to see your GP.

My brother got this stuff that smelt of carpet cleaner but after a few washes BLIMEY was there a difference. Then after a few weeks he didn't need to use it as much anymore and now he uses it about once every three weeks and it hasn't come back.

ReputationRep:
    polytar plus is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Scalping.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you werent using T-cut?

ReputationRep:
    My vote goes for Nizoral!

ReputationRep:
    Polytar was prescribed to me by my doctor when I was younger. It was very good. I don't really need it anymore though, Head and Shoulders does the trick.

Also improving your diet can help.

ReputationRep:
    i can only second lush. it's what comes next to natural remedies, and is healthier and more sustainable, long term also probably cheaper.
    use the scalp bar until you have some ease, and then lightly onece a week, wash with soak and float shampoo bar. (it smells not so nice, but the smell doesn't last on your hair, and there's no chemicals or fragrances in it that can irritate your scalp). only wash your hair with lukewarm water, not hot, and finish of with a cold vinegar rinse (like 1 part vinegar, 5-8 parts water), if it's bad.
    if you're sorted you don't have to do the whole procedure every time, but stick to that shampoo bar, and threat your scalp with above once a week or so.
    also when it's bad, be carefull to eat very healty and avoid stress. and if possible leave out conitioner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.