Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i am waiting for my a level results and have a conditional place at exeter, but due to being out for the country since finishing school, i am now just doing my student finance application? am i completly screwed? i know i am late, but will i get the money through by freshers? i am going to the bank now to set up a student account because i have just got to the part of the application where they want bank details. can anyone give me an info. many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_exeter123)
    So i am waiting for my a level results and have a conditional place at exeter, but due to being out for the country since finishing school, i am now just doing my student finance application? am i completly screwed? i know i am late, but will i get the money through by freshers? i am going to the bank now to set up a student account because i have just got to the part of the application where they want bank details. can anyone give me an info. many thanks.
    I really really really really.. really doubt that you will receive the support in time for freshers week lol

I sent my application off about 3 months ago, and only just received confirmation that Im getting non-means tested support 3 weeks ago, also I sent off evidence of my parents income about 5 weeks ago.. still heard absolutely nothing,

So if you're looking for the money ASAP in time for freshers week Id suggest just apply for non means tested support, otherwise you could have a v long wait

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you might have to wait a bit until you get your money, yet you'll get in eventually. The system is pretty poor, they've got a massive backlog, and always send out worrying letters which are automated which will make you think you're getting nothing.

ReputationRep:
    okay, but won't i need money to pay tutition fees, halls etc...surely uni won't let me turn up if i have got money for thoughs, sorry im pretty clueless about this.

ReputationRep:
    im sure if you speak to someone at the university they will be able to agree on a late payment

the tutition fee for me (portsmouth) is paided in two parts later i think it went out second semester

ReputationRep:
    I have sent mine in around this time every year for 3 years, and have always received confirmation and the money before Freshers. I haven't actually done mine yet - it sounds like it could be an issue this year, hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied too.. please tell me this is different in Scotland?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.