Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I never understood this why did he just randomly drown two girls from the street :confused:

ReputationRep:
    why does anyone kill anyone?

some people are just ****** up i guess.

ReputationRep:
    They weren't randomly selected. He was working in their school. And I'd say it's safe to assume he has serious mental problems, as does anyone who commits murder - which is why I find it odd that certain people are able to plead insanity and others aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    They weren't randomly selected. He was working in their school. And I'd say it's safe to assume he has serious mental problems, as does anyone who commits murder - which is why I find it odd that certain people are able to plead insanity and others aren't.
    Hmm, I kinda half-agree with that, although I think people who murder for a reason such as money (e.g insurance, inheritance etc) are more likely to be less 'insane' than others... if that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    Just because they kill someone doesn't mean they have a mental disorder.

ReputationRep:
    What about soldiers? Maybe not technically murder, but not a million miles away. There are probably gang-type-people that kill for money etc. that whilst obviously hold different moral values to most people, im not sure if they have serious mental problems.

ReputationRep:
    From what i've heard about the case he refuses to answer any questions about his motives and why he murdered them, wether its because he doesn't even know himself or because he revels in being unco-operative i don't know. He sure is one nasty effed up piece of work though.

ReputationRep:
    The doctors reported that he was trying to appear insane, but was actually fine. And he didn't work at their school, they were at primary school and he worked at the local college..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    The doctors reported that he was trying to appear insane, but was actually fine. And he didn't work at their school, they were at primary school and he worked at the local college..
    Fair enough, but my point is that anyone who goes and kills two little girls is far from 'fine'. You have to have a seriously ****** up view of reality to even do that.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was generally accepted that he had raped them and so forth...

You cannot diagnose insanity from actions alone. Legal insanity is a complete alienation of what is right and wrong: there are plenty of people who have killed and committed other heinous crimes in the full knowledge that their actions are wrong.

Just being bad does not make you a lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know tbh. I find killers some of the most interesting people to read about. That thread about the gym shooter in the US with a link to his blog was brilliant for me.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, but my point is that anyone who goes and kills two little girls is far from 'fine'. You have to have a seriously ****** up view of reality to even do that.
    okay, maybe not fine.. but i think he was trying to make out like he had mental problems to get a shorter sentence.

you're right though, what kind of person do you have to be where you think it's a good idea to murder 2 little girls!? wasn't he accused of rape and stuff as well?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree, you cannot be mentally fine to be able to do that to two little girls..makes me sick to my stomach!!

ReputationRep:
    he has serious mental problems, as does anyone who commits murder -.
    i disagree,
    would you say that a man who assisted his wife in suicide who was terminally ill, or

a woman who was physically abused by husband and decided to end it my killing him.

homicide is far more complex than a simple cateogrisation of right and wrong.

take the young teenagers who shoot their class mates and then commit suicide. Are they out of their mind, or simply out of patience. What many fail to appreciate is that many people are driven to murder through false accusations, slandering biggoting etc.

murder i believe, is justified in certain circumstances. druing times of war, or incessant provocations with no remorse by the attacker.

however, mr huntley;s conduct is far from one of those circumstances. i dont believe huntley was out of his mind. many people would like to think that, so as to distinguish a killer from the rest of us. the meticulous removal of teeth and false statements show he was clearly aware of what he was doing.

but dont forget maxine carr who is now pregnant and livign with another man in seclusion. was she to blame too?..of course!. But she is a woman and so exempt from the harshness of the criminal law. such is our sexist legal system. the real tragedy is that she is now as free as you and i, living in peace, while the two little girls she helped butcher gone forever

noone will know the reasons why either of them did it, but i assume it was purely because they disliked the two girls...yes, its as simple as that. they disliked the girls and thought they could get away with it.

they were wrong, or well huntley was, carr did get away with it.........:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's impossible to understand why anyone does anything like that unless you've done it yourself...

ReputationRep:
    Pleading insanity doesn't get you a shorter sentence, usually a longer one. Just in a different environment with psychological help; most people think it's an easy way out but it's just not.

ReputationRep:
    because he's ****** up

ReputationRep:
    born sociopath(basically feels very little guilt), probably got abused when younger. With those 2 ingredients you got a very sick individual.

You'll probably come across many sociopaths day to day, they're not that rare. Like that Ken person on big bro they said he was sociopathic because he just didn't care. Like people that can go to a pensioners home and convince her to sign over her life savings, he's sociopathic, i couldn't do that, neither could most of you. Add in the child abuse and you got someone filled with hate, usually warped sexual desires who feels no guilt or remorse.

Take Fred West incestially abused by both his parents, had a motor bike accident in his late teens that damaged the front part of his brain which is the part that deals with guilt and empathy etc a classic example of a totally messed up individual, nothing he can do about it either. He has to be taken out of society though because he's pure evil and ruining many many lives.

ReputationRep:
    No one actually knows, so why do you expect us to know? :/

ReputationRep:
    Brb one sec, I'll just go ask him..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.