Turn on thread page Beta

Why did Ian huntly kill those 2 girls watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    You cannot diagnose insanity from actions alone. Legal insanity is a complete alienation of what is right and wrong: there are plenty of people who have killed and committed other heinous crimes in the full knowledge that their actions are wrong.

Just being bad does not make you a lunatic.
    Wow, I actually agree with one of your posts. Possibly because it is a fact... :p:

You cannot state Huntley killed Holly and Jessica because he was insane - you need a doctor, as in a consultant psychiatrist, to go before the courts and give impartial medical evidence.

ReputationRep:
    He just wanted to kill, and because of his girlfriend's job he was able to get access to them on a closer level so they were the perfect target for him. He called them into his house and as they 'knew' him they sadly went with him.

ReputationRep:
    oh what a lovely thread *sarcasm*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Surely it's impossible to understand why anyone does anything like that unless you've done it yourself...
    What? :lolwut: Why would it be impossible to understand why people do things differently to you? Once you've passed the age of 5 or so I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    What? :lolwut: Why would it be impossible to understand why people do things differently to you? Once you've passed the age of 5 or so I mean.
    As in, what went through their mind and what made them do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)
    ....Because he likes cake?
    Uh oh! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    As in, what went through their mind and what made them do it...
    It's impossible to understand why anyone does anything?
    Do you mean impossible to know for sure?

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to understand why anyone does anything?
    Do you mean impossible to know for sure?
    That's what I was meaning :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    hes nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by equinoxsolar)
    i disagree,
    would you say that a man who assisted his wife in suicide who was terminally ill, or

a woman who was physically abused by husband and decided to end it my killing him.

homicide is far more complex than a simple cateogrisation of right and wrong.

take the young teenagers who shoot their class mates and then commit suicide. Are they out of their mind, or simply out of patience. What many fail to appreciate is that many people are driven to murder through false accusations, slandering biggoting etc.

murder i believe, is justified in certain circumstances. druing times of war, or incessant provocations with no remorse by the attacker.

however, mr huntley;s conduct is far from one of those circumstances. i dont believe huntley was out of his mind. many people would like to think that, so as to distinguish a killer from the rest of us. the meticulous removal of teeth and false statements show he was clearly aware of what he was doing.

but dont forget maxine carr who is now pregnant and livign with another man in seclusion. was she to blame too?..of course!. But she is a woman and so exempt from the harshness of the criminal law. such is our sexist legal system. the real tragedy is that she is now as free as you and i, living in peace, while the two little girls she helped butcher gone forever
    noone will know the reasons why either of them did it, but i assume it was purely because they disliked the two girls...yes, its as simple as that. they disliked the girls and thought they could get away with it.

they were wrong, or well huntley was, carr did get away with it.........:mad:
    She was an accomplice to the crime; she didn't commit it herself. It is right that she was awarded a lesser term than Ian Huntley in prison for this reason. Contrary to your point, convicted women often recieve far greater condemnation both in society and within the legal system. Myra Hindley is the primary figure associated with the Moors Murders and yet the man involved (I don't even know his name) murdered many more children than she, and in more brutal ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'd like to know tbh. I find killers some of the most interesting people to read about. That thread about the gym shooter in the US with a link to his blog was brilliant for me.
    Oh, is his blog up? Do you have a link? :o:

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was meaning
    Oh, thank god! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    You can't apply logical reasoning to psychos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Oh, is his blog up? Do you have a link?
    Blog and videos.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ge-US-gym.html

ReputationRep:
    pfft. don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Ian Huntely was just trying to get laid like the rest of us, although he used rather 'experimental' techniques.

ReputationRep:
    We all have our perspective of life. What if Ian has the right perspective?

ReputationRep:
    Blog and videos.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ge-US-gym.html
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiVji)
    We all have our perspective of life. What if Ian has the right perspective?
    You're on first name terms :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    You can't apply logical reasoning to psychos.
    you can look at brain scans etc and see the frontal part of their brain that is usually damaged or under developed, then you can look at their childhood. Most have very similar characteristics, front part of their brain messed up, abusive childhoods.

In a blameless liberal society it really isn't their fault, but their crimes are too horrific to see past that, which i actually agree with. The amount of pain of suffering they cause should be whats seen, not their problems.

People always say is it nature or nurture when in fact it's both. Many kids get abused when younger and don't kill, many are sociopaths and don't kill. Have both you're likely to be one messed up individual.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.