Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey im going to Glasgow Uni this Septemeber to do Business Management With Philosophy and i was just wondering if anyone is doing either of these two subjects becuase most people would assosicate Business Studies to be done at Strathclyde but im going to glasgow , so i was just wondering anyone here or knows anyone going to Glasgow Uni In September to do either Business Management or Philosophy:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think im going to do philosophy as my third subject. My friend done it at Stirling and said it was really interesting. Whens your meeting with your adviser?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm doing business management. I think i talked to you a bit in a thread about Higher Geography...how'd you get on?

See you in Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamyeyed)
    Hey!

I'm doing business management. I think i talked to you a bit in a thread about Higher Geography...how'd you get on?

See you in Glasgow!
    ha yas cool stuff!, yeah i thought i rememberd the name , i got an A for Higher Geography, what about you, btw what info have you had about it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Rock N Roll)
    I think im going to do philosophy as my third subject. My friend done it at Stirling and said it was really interesting. Whens your meeting with your adviser?
    yeah do it lol looks good!, :confused: what meeting with my advisor lol im worried now ! plz tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    ha yas cool stuff!, yeah i thought i rememberd the name , i got an A for Higher Geography, what about you, btw what info have you had about it??
    I got an A by some small miracle! Well done!

Haven't heard a whole lot about business at Glasgow because it tends to get overshadowed by Strathclyde (applied for Strathclyde and was not impressed). I like the look of the course outlines and i think i will enjoy it.

Have you heard about an advisor meeting yet? I haven't and am beginning to get a tad worried!

ReputationRep:
    I got an A by some small miracle! Well done!

Haven't heard a whole lot about business at Glasgow because it tends to get overshadowed by Strathclyde (applied for Strathclyde and was not impressed). I like the look of the course outlines and i think i will enjoy it.

Have you heard about an advisor meeting yet? I haven't and am beginning to get a tad worried!

lol yeah you too on the A, i have nothing on the advisor situation lol, im just glad someone is going to do business at glasgow lol, are you excited and will u be staying at hope etc

ReputationRep:
    I know a lecturer in Marketing at the Glasgow Business School, and it ain't half bad. Strathclyde spends much more of their money as a university on their Business School, probably because in most things they don't compete with Glasgow all that well- but the Business School there is enormous- about three times the size of Glasgow's. That said, it still isn't small or bad, and you won't be hindered by having one on your CV rather than the other. Arguably, the only thing you will lose out on is module range, but I'd say the rest of the place and the resources available in other areas (IT and Library) more than make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    I know a lecturer in Marketing at the Glasgow Business School, and it ain't half bad. Strathclyde spends much more of their money as a university on their Business School, probably because in most things they don't compete with Glasgow all that well- but the Business School there is enormous- about three times the size of Glasgow's. That said, it still isn't small or bad, and you won't be hindered by having one on your CV rather than the other. Arguably, the only thing you will lose out on is module range, but I'd say the rest of the place and the resources available in other areas (IT and Library) more than make up for it.
    yeah im sure it will be good its a great university, im also looking forward to the gym !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    yeah do it lol looks good!, :confused: what meeting with my advisor lol im worried now ! plz tell

Firstly if u had a conditional offer for Glasgow, breathe a sigh of relief its all fine they will send u out an appointment to meet with a professor who will be your adviser of studied. U will tell them what subjects u want to do and stuff. I just got mines early coz I had an unconditional. Hope this makes u feel better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Rock N Roll)
    Firstly if u had a conditional offer for Glasgow, breathe a sigh of relief its all fine they will send u out an appointment to meet with a professor who will be your adviser of studied. U will tell them what subjects u want to do and stuff. I just got mines early coz I had an unconditional. Hope this makes u feel better!
    I have an unconditional and i haven't heard anything!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing B&M at Gla, not sure about my other 2 subjects yet tbh.

Certainly not Maths anyway, tried and failed at that last year

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional and i haven't heard anything!
    Im sure it will be okay, its probably different for each faculty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.