The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I think im going to do philosophy as my third subject. My friend done it at Stirling and said it was really interesting. Whens your meeting with your adviser?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hey!

I'm doing business management. I think i talked to you a bit in a thread about Higher Geography...how'd you get on?

See you in Glasgow!
Reply 3
dreamyeyed
Hey!

I'm doing business management. I think i talked to you a bit in a thread about Higher Geography...how'd you get on?

See you in Glasgow!

ha yas cool stuff!, yeah i thought i rememberd the name:biggrin: , i got an A for Higher Geography, what about you, btw what info have you had about it??
Reply 4
Mr Rock N Roll
I think im going to do philosophy as my third subject. My friend done it at Stirling and said it was really interesting. Whens your meeting with your adviser?

yeah do it lol looks good!, :confused: what meeting with my advisor lol im worried now ! plz tell
Steverockin
ha yas cool stuff!, yeah i thought i rememberd the name:biggrin: , i got an A for Higher Geography, what about you, btw what info have you had about it??

I got an A by some small miracle! Well done!

Haven't heard a whole lot about business at Glasgow because it tends to get overshadowed by Strathclyde (applied for Strathclyde and was not impressed). I like the look of the course outlines and i think i will enjoy it.

Have you heard about an advisor meeting yet? I haven't and am beginning to get a tad worried!
Reply 6
dreamyeyed
I got an A by some small miracle! Well done!

Haven't heard a whole lot about business at Glasgow because it tends to get overshadowed by Strathclyde (applied for Strathclyde and was not impressed). I like the look of the course outlines and i think i will enjoy it.

Have you heard about an advisor meeting yet? I haven't and am beginning to get a tad worried!

lol yeah you too on the A, i have nothing on the advisor situation lol, im just glad someone is going to do business at glasgow lol, are you excited and will u be staying at hope etc
Reply 7
I know a lecturer in Marketing at the Glasgow Business School, and it ain't half bad. Strathclyde spends much more of their money as a university on their Business School, probably because in most things they don't compete with Glasgow all that well- but the Business School there is enormous- about three times the size of Glasgow's. That said, it still isn't small or bad, and you won't be hindered by having one on your CV rather than the other. Arguably, the only thing you will lose out on is module range, but I'd say the rest of the place and the resources available in other areas (IT and Library) more than make up for it.
Reply 8
0404343m
I know a lecturer in Marketing at the Glasgow Business School, and it ain't half bad. Strathclyde spends much more of their money as a university on their Business School, probably because in most things they don't compete with Glasgow all that well- but the Business School there is enormous- about three times the size of Glasgow's. That said, it still isn't small or bad, and you won't be hindered by having one on your CV rather than the other. Arguably, the only thing you will lose out on is module range, but I'd say the rest of the place and the resources available in other areas (IT and Library) more than make up for it.

yeah im sure it will be good its a great university, im also looking forward to the gym ! :smile:
Steverockin
yeah do it lol looks good!, :confused: what meeting with my advisor lol im worried now ! plz tell

Firstly if u had a conditional offer for Glasgow, breathe a sigh of relief its all fine :smile: they will send u out an appointment to meet with a professor who will be your adviser of studied. U will tell them what subjects u want to do and stuff. I just got mines early coz I had an unconditional. Hope this makes u feel better!
Mr Rock N Roll
Firstly if u had a conditional offer for Glasgow, breathe a sigh of relief its all fine :smile: they will send u out an appointment to meet with a professor who will be your adviser of studied. U will tell them what subjects u want to do and stuff. I just got mines early coz I had an unconditional. Hope this makes u feel better!

I have an unconditional and i haven't heard anything!
Reply 11
Yeah I'm doing B&M at Gla, not sure about my other 2 subjects yet tbh.

Certainly not Maths anyway, tried and failed at that last year
dreamyeyed
I have an unconditional and i haven't heard anything!

Im sure it will be okay, its probably different for each faculty.

Latest

Trending

Trending