Turn on thread page Beta

Cheap travel insurance - who should I trust? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Italy for a week and I went on this website
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/trav...sp?id=24063357

So there are companies which offer insurance for about £5.50 and seem to cover everything... but I've never heard of these people and not sure whether to trust them or not..

Perhaps it would be best to pay £12 with Easyjet Travel Insurance, at least then I'll have peace of mind that I can trust them and that they actually exist and won't rip me off...?

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I had this dilemma when I went to Dubai. Just go for the cheapest that you've heard of. Having looked at that list, AIG and Swiftcover should be fine.

I used Swiftcover when I went to Dubai.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I paid £12 for a week in the US with cheapertravelinsurance.com. They sent me a full policy booklet and details on how to claim, et cetera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yeah I paid £12 for a week in the US with cheapertravelinsurance.com. They sent me a full policy booklet and details on how to claim, et cetera.
    Did either of you have any mishap abroad which meant that you had to claim insurance to get money back? If so, did it go smoothly?

ReputationRep:
    i use the post office; not the cheapest but have a good reputation of loking after customers and were quick to pay when i made a claim in june in egypt

ReputationRep:
    post office is good, i've bought cheap insurance before, if you can be bothered look into who they are owned by as it were, as they are often owned by big companies like endsleigh

ReputationRep:
    I used Direct Travel Insurance, very cheap and parents have made a claim with them before and it all went fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm thinking I might go with a more reputable company... they might be a bit more reliable..hmm

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.