Turn on thread page Beta

Making the most of the figure you were given watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Opinions on my optimum figure - please

I have been everything from 6 stone and skinny to 10 stone and obviously overweight. I have been through 3 distinct phases and these appear to be my 'options'. Please note that I am 5'0 and have no chance of being hourglass shaped.

Stage 1 - Slim, size 6/8, 7 stone. No definition and very child looking.

Stage 2 - Toned. Had definition in my arms, legs and back but still maintained my 'square' figure and weighed a bit more. Still about size 8. Looked more boyish, less childish, definitely not womanly.

Stage 3 - Had boobs, hips were a little bit more prominent, lost definition etc but still didn't have a waistline. A little more womanly but nothing terribly flattering. Weighed about 8-8.5 stone was about size 10.

Ladies - would being boy shaped be an issue to you? Would you still be happy knowing you are fit? Would you prefer to look more womanly if it meant being less fit? What would you go for out of these options? Do I actually have other options?

I'm a size ten, and quite 'hour-glass' I suppose, and I would be just as comfy looking a bit more boy-shaped. You can always buy things to emphasise your figure, give you some curves.

Its much better being that way, than overweight and having to try and get rid of things to be happy with your figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillieF)
    I'm a size ten, and quite 'hour-glass' I suppose, and I would be just as comfy looking a bit more boy-shaped. You can always buy things to emphasise your figure, give you some curves.

Its much better being that way, than overweight and having to try and get rid of things to be happy with your figure.
    Definitely I guess that kind of figure would be a lot more forgiving too. Even if it something doesn't look amazing it might look ok...

ReputationRep:
    I think its often the case that you're never completely 100% happy with your body. Obviously there are some people who are and I think that's brilliant and I'm actually very jealous, but generally you can always find fault. It seems so stupid to me know but when I was younger and about a stone lighter I still thought I was "fat"- I was tiny! I know it's hard when you feel like you've let all your fitness and hard work go to waste but you know you can get it back again. Good on you for trying and for starting a blog. Don't listen to your parents, well do listen but then just use it as motivation to prove them wrong! It'll take time to see changes but when you do maybe you can get a better idea of the body shape you really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    I think its often the case that you're never completely 100% happy with your body. Obviously there are some people who are and I think that's brilliant and I'm actually very jealous, but generally you can always find fault. It seems so stupid to me know but when I was younger and about a stone lighter I still thought I was "fat"- I was tiny! I know it's hard when you feel like you've let all your fitness and hard work go to waste but you know you can get it back again. Good on you for trying and for starting a blog. Don't listen to your parents, well do listen but then just use it as motivation to prove them wrong! It'll take time to see changes but when you do maybe you can get a better idea of the body shape you really want.
    I like that bit in bold, I think that is actually some much needed motivation. Need as much as I can get at the minute 'cause I'm having a crap day

I'm so desperate to start seeing/feeling changes so it'll push me on and maybe prove to them that I can do it and make them more optimistic. I guess I'll just have to press on. I'm actually putting off todays exercise because they're in and I know they'll just frown and I find it hard to deal with things like that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.