Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can he have not worked this out?

Is there any way you could talk to your mum about it? If you explain that you didn't want to cause him to worry unnecessarily, but you're old/mature enough now to accept responsibility for your own actions and make your own decisions, and you think this is the right thing to do. It's often quite hard for parents to see their children grow up and change along the way, and fathers often find it even worse. But if you can get your mum to see things from your perspective, she might be able to offer him more reassurance that this is the natural thing to do given your situation and relationship. Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    Is there any way you could talk to your mum about it? If you explain that you didn't want to cause him to worry unnecessarily, but you're old/mature enough now to accept responsibility for your own actions and make your own decisions, and you think this is the right thing to do. It's often quite hard for parents to see their children grow up and change along the way, and fathers often find it even worse. But if you can get your mum to see things from your perspective, she might be able to offer him more reassurance that this is the natural thing to do given your situation and relationship. Good luck! :hugs:
    my mum and I arent very close. She's prob going to be more worreid than my dad would. I remember telling her about my bf, and was was very -ve towards it. But when i told my dad he accepted it better.

ReputationRep:
    When I read the first part, I assumed you were 16 or 17 and he was being a father who's finding it hard to accept his little girl is growing up, but 22??! How is it any of your dad's business where you live and who you have sex with? That's just weird. Is he going to still be telling you what to do when you're 30?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.