Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi

If you're reading this, then you're probably considering ABDN 2010 (or you happened to wonder in...) :yes:

I guess you could say I'm jumping the gun a bit. However, I was wondering if anyone else on here has their heart set on Aberdeen for 2010 entry? :woo:

If you are too, I thought we could use this thread to share our thoughts/opinions/view etc?

I'm hoping to apply for English and History? Anyone else..

ReputationRep:
    What particularly attracts you to Aberdeen?

(Original post by L i b)
    It's the furthest place (or one of them) in the UK (I believe) from my parents!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The sheep

btw, I might end up going to Aberdeen too.

(Original post by ScotlandStandUp)
    The sheep

btw, I might end up going to Aberdeen too.
    LOL! :woo:

Got any subject in mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    LOL! :woo:

Got any subject in mind?
    Still trying to work it out, right now I'd be hoping to do either:

French

or

Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Economics or Politics & IR with French as a minor

What are you planning on doing with English and History?

Still trying to work it out, right now I'd be hoping to do either:

French

or

Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Economics or Politics & IR with French as a minor

What are you planning on doing with English and History?
    I :love: French! But I haven't seen a suitable English and French course..

I'm hoping to go into either journalism or teaching at the moment. However, it depends on what happens more nearer the time. But I'm definitely taking English

ReputationRep:
    I :love: French! But I haven't seen a suitable English and French course..

I'm hoping to go into either journalism or teaching at the moment. However, it depends on what happens more nearer the time. But I'm definitely taking English
    A joint honours course?

Sounds good but I never liked English lol.

A joint honours course?

Sounds good but I never liked English lol.
    I don't know many people that liked English Lit either!

Are you going to the open day on the 1st? I think I'm going to make the trek and ask all the questions I need

ReputationRep:
    I don't know many people that liked English Lit either!

Are you going to the open day on the 1st? I think I'm going to make the trek and ask all the questions I need
    I'll probably go to the open day in 2010, if that was what you were meaning lol.

There's no way I'd be going up now.

I'll probably go to the open day in 2010, if that was what you were meaning lol.

Oh. I was on about the one on the 1st September.

I'm not sure when the ones will be next year, so I'm going to this one. It gives me the weekend to stay there, soak up some 'Aberdeen'

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I was on about the one on the 1st September.

I'm not sure when the ones will be next year, so I'm going to this one. It gives me the weekend to stay there, soak up some 'Aberdeen'
    I'm broke right now, and would only get up if I went by bike, I guess once up there I'd have to set up a tent somewhere so as stupid as it sounds I might pass.

I'm broke right now, and would only get up if I went by bike, I guess once up there I'd have to set up a tent somewhere so as stupid as it sounds I might pass.
    Ooh! Brilliant idea I never thought of camping.. :woo:

I wouldn't be going either, but I haven't had a holiday in a while, so I'm using open day as an excuse for a holiday (:o:)

ReputationRep:

I'd definitely recommend going to the open day in September, it's the biggest one and it's an excellent day. No students there so you get to see halls etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    I'd definitely recommend going to the open day in September, it's the biggest one and it's an excellent day. No students there so you get to see halls etc.
    I'd love to go up, but I have zero £'s and it's quite a trek...there's always next year.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! Brilliant idea I never thought of camping.. :woo:

I wouldn't be going either, but I haven't had a holiday in a while, so I'm using open day as an excuse for a holiday (:o:)

Have you had confirmation about the open day? Or know whats happening. I applied but have since had no details.

(Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Have you had confirmation about the open day? Or know whats happening. I applied but have since had no details.
    I haven't received anything either. I have however received a prospectus, so ABDN must have got my details - because I hadn't ordered a prospectus, so I assume it's them that have sent it?

I did call them, (0122427200), but all I got was a rather dead (:eek:) sounding woman who told me that as long as I had applied, then we'll be contacted shortly.

I would like them to hurry up too :yes:. I'm going to have to get a flight out (it's too much hassle to drive), so if I could get some sort of itinerary, then I could book my flight accordingly, because it's cheaper for me to fly on the day - so if the event doesn't kick off till around ~1/2pm, then I could easily get the morning one, but if it's ~9am'ish (I've heard the UCAS talk is at 9am), then I'm going to have to come the night before..

ReputationRep:
    I will be applying for both History and Law, if I get offer for all my UCAS choices I would probably put one of the two as my insurance choice.

It seems that most of those that are applying to Aberdeen already live in Scotland :/ Makes sense though.. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received anything either. I have however received a prospectus, so ABDN must have got my details - because I hadn't ordered a prospectus, so I assume it's them that have sent it?

I did call them, (0122427200), but all I got was a rather dead (:eek:) sounding woman who told me that as long as I had applied, then we'll be contacted shortly.

I would like them to hurry up too :yes:. I'm going to have to get a flight out (it's too much hassle to drive), so if I could get some sort of itinerary, then I could book my flight accordingly, because it's cheaper for me to fly on the day - so if the event doesn't kick off till around ~1/2pm, then I could easily get the morning one, but if it's ~9am'ish (I've heard the UCAS talk is at 9am), then I'm going to have to come the night before..

Theres a rough time table on the website, i've noticed that. I do think there are things in the morning but that just depends what you want to see.

LOL I like your observation. I'm from Scotland and going to Aberdeen.... far enough away from home though (realistically would love it to have been further) XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.