Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by GreenVaseline)
    Judging by your grades, they'll be tripping over themselves to accept you! :p:
    I can only hope.. :o:

ReputationRep:
    ****, I forgot to put second year entry.

ReputationRep:
    The scum are coming to town tomorrow, any of you students folk going? Portals for 9. We're going to do these ******* hun ***** comon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonesy09)
    I have got a place at Aberdeen for 2010 to study Chemistry I haven't been up yet to look at accomodation, but I think I'll probably end up going for New Carnegie Court, I'm coming up in few weeks to look around hopefully! Anybody else confirmed places for next year?
    If you can you should go with NCC for sure imo. I'm a current chem student so any questions then fire away (also where else have you applied?).

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of getting an unconditional for law with AAB at higher? :p:
    If I get a conditional, I don't think I will be able to meet the conditions- I really need to get a full time job to help make ends meet at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Any chance of getting an unconditional for law with AAB at higher? :p:
    If I get a conditional, I don't think I will be able to meet the conditions- I really need to get a full time job to help make ends meet at home.
    Anyone got any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any idea?
    Edit: scrap that

Prospectus says "Those seeking to qualify over two sittings must normally get H at BBBB at first sitting and over the two sittings must aggregate not less than AABBB or ABBBBB. "

So you need 2 B's

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question...
    Despite the prospectus saying they want CCC at A level for many courses, is this likely to be the offer they actually give you or does it often go up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexterry)
    Just a quick question...
    Despite the prospectus saying they want CCC at A level for many courses, is this likely to be the offer they actually give you or does it often go up?
    It seems from my English friends to be the case. It's higher for 2nd year entry or Law though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielj315)
    Edit: scrap that

Prospectus says "Those seeking to qualify over two sittings must normally get H at BBBB at first sitting and over the two sittings must aggregate not less than AABBB or ABBBBB. "

So you need 2 B's
    If I get an offer do yo think it would be worth e-mailing to see if there is anything they can do? I got a conditional last year and had to decline as I left school halfway through 6th year due to illness.

ReputationRep:
    It seems from my English friends to be the case. It's higher for 2nd year entry or Law though.

Yes I imagined that to be the case. I forgot to apply for second year entry but I kind of want the grades to stay at CCC as that would make an unmess-upable insurance

ReputationRep:
    Yes I imagined that to be the case. I forgot to apply for second year entry but I kind of want the grades to stay at CCC as that would make an unmess-upable insurance
    Yeah, don't worry

If you get higher grades when you meet your advisor they can change you to second year entry if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, don't worry

If you get higher grades when you meet your advisor they can change you to second year entry if you wish.

Forreals? That's sick haha! Just made my night, thank you :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Forreals? That's sick haha! Just made my night, thank you :woo:
    I'm pretty sure, my advisor was very flexible

Changed degree about 3 times in one semester. (I took 2 extra courses to try and decide what I liked)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure, my advisor was very flexible

Changed degree about 3 times in one semester. (I took 2 extra courses to try and decide what I liked)

do you mind me asking what you got at A level?
    just so I can have some idea of on what grounds they were flexible with you :rolleyes:

I still haven't heard back from Aberdeen... I don't think I can wait any longer! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I did Scottish Highers and got slightly below the requirements BBBC, so I missed it by a grade. I went from Finance and IR to Politics and IR to Legal Studies and IR, then I thought about changing onto the LLB then realised I hated law and went for History and International relations. Just a little indecisive!

ReputationRep:
    I just heard from them - they gave me an unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I just heard from them - they gave me an unconditional!
    Congrats! I am still waiting for decisions on history and law. Did you find out through the portal or UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I am still waiting for decisions on history and law. Did you find out through the portal or UCAS?
    UCAS, the portal doesn't seem to have updated yet, and I only logged onto it for the first time today, I lost the letter about it and forgot about it! But yeah, offer on UCAS

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.