Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    I'm applying for Economics and French. Predicted ABB but I actually really want to go Aberdeen and i'm thinking of making it my 1st choice. Still no offer though, I sent it off on the 18th of November and still nothing.
    They are quite slow, it took them about 3 weeks to give me an offer. So don't worry, you'll probably get one soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fridaystan)
    They are quite slow, it took them about 3 weeks to give me an offer. So don't worry, you'll probably get one soon
    I sent my application on 13th October and still NOTHING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agg91)
    Maybe it just takes a bit longer for law, it might be more competitive or something. If you have such good grades that you're applying to Cambridge then they'll probably be happy to give you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fridaystan)
    Maybe it just takes a bit longer for law, it might be more competitive or something. If you have such good grades that you're applying to Cambridge then they'll probably be happy to give you an offer

I hope so! Because I really wanna study at Aberdeen University if I don't get an offer from Cambridge. ; )

(Original post by Agg91)
    I applied before you and still haven't heard back.

Just waiting on Aberdeen and Bristol now. Be quick ABDN so I can decide whether I need to plan a gap-year.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream last night that UCAS phoned me up and were like cause your not that good Aberdeen don't want to give you a place anymore. I was really worried for ages but then realised it was a dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1991)
    I had a dream last night that UCAS phoned me up and were like cause your not that good Aberdeen don't want to give you a place anymore. I was really worried for ages but then realised it was a dream.
    Sounds more like a NIGHTMARE. :sleep: :eek2: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Just got this massive welcome pack in the post. I'm becoming more and more tempted to firm aberdeen over leeds or sheffield now haha

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for my law and history decisions . Please Aberdeen, just put me out of my misery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Still waiting for my law and history decisions . Please Aberdeen, just put me out of my misery!
    The UCAS deadline is still a month away, so they won't even have had all their applications in.... makes sense they wait to see how many applications they have so they know roughly how many offers to make. If they have too many people accepting offers it will be a logistical nightmare. Will have to ask people to defer entry etc

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Looks like in the past 90mins I've received an offer from Computing at Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    I just put my ucas in on friday how long does it take to get a confirmation letter/email? i got one from edinburgh on friday night lol. im applying to primary teaching which has an interview does anyone know how long it takes after they have confirmed if you have an interview or not?

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't got an acknowledgement from Aberdeen My boyfriend sent his UCAS off on the same day as me and he got an acknowledgement and just got an offer! But me? Nothingggg

UCAS has made me realise how impatient I am :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishGirl)
    I just put my ucas in on friday how long does it take to get a confirmation letter/email? i got one from edinburgh on friday night lol. im applying to primary teaching which has an interview does anyone know how long it takes after they have confirmed if you have an interview or not?
    Mine was sent to them on 26th nov but not heard anything. Do wish they'd hurry up and at least acknowledge the application.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to double post. For those of you that have acknowledgement letter/email - was it from the admissions people or the faculty that you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    It would be admissions.

I still haven't heard back..

I think I'm going to die if it's a rejection! :mad: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter today dated 27th Nov. Took a while to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knack)
    Got a letter today dated 27th Nov. Took a while to arrive.
    Blame postman pat :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexterry)
    Blame postman pat :o:
    Haha yeah I would if the postage paid stamp on the front didn't have the date 7th December! Anyway, not to worry.

An idea for people still waiting for acknowledgement letter: Go to www.abdn.ac.uk/applicportal/ then enter your DoB and Personal ID. If they have received your application I guess you should be able to log in and see the status of it. Mine is pending. Hope this works for the inpatient lot out there (like me) :p:

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.