Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Cocky? My arse! :rolleyes:
    hahaha :mmm: I'm just joshing
    With the 300 A levels or whatever you're doing you should be'rate. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going a bit senile with anticipation. Aberdeen is my first and I doubt they'll want me but I really hope the intake is **** this year so they let me in.

I know a few offers have already gone for English, but does anyone know when the offers finished coming through last year?

ReputationRep:
    ohh yay i love this thread

i have my heart set on aberdeen university, simply because i am skint and im not keen on student halls so im staying at home as i only live a couple of miles away from aberdeen.

im planning on studying psychology is there anyone else planning to do this ?

ReputationRep:
    i sent my application off two weeks ago for english but i havent even recieved an acknowledgement from aberdeen yet is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicolePickle)
    i sent my application off two weeks ago for english but i havent even recieved an acknowledgement from aberdeen yet is this normal?
    The send the acknowledgement by post so it will take longer than other unis. I think it took a little more then 2 weeks before I got mine. Don't worry, you'll probably get it soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fridaystan)
    The send the acknowledgement by post so it will take longer than other unis. I think it took a little more then 2 weeks before I got mine. Don't worry, you'll probably get it soon
    thanks is it possible then that an offer may be given before you actually recieve the acknowledgment? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks is it possible then that an offer may be given before you actually recieve the acknowledgment? :rolleyes:
    Maybe if your lucky , though it will probably take longer, I got my offer about 1 week after the acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Archaeology + Geography. Application sent on 8th December, no acknowledgement but not a surprise given it's now Christmas post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moorw003)
    I've applied for Archaeology + Geography. Application sent on 8th December, no acknowledgement but not a surprise given it's now Christmas post.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i got my acknowledgment today, considering it was posted from aberdeen 1 week ago hopefully an offer as a christmas prezzie...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i got my acknowledgment today, considering it was posted from aberdeen 1 week ago hopefully an offer as a christmas prezzie...:rolleyes:
    I heard about a month after the acknowledgment so you might not hear for a while - you might be luckier though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :woo:
    A Geography student then

Not impressed my parents with this application.... I live on the south coast of England. Still, I don't want to be too near

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moorw003)
    A Geography student then

Not impressed my parents with this application.... I live on the south coast of England. Still, I don't want to be too near
    Yeah, 1st year at Aberdeen. Haha, I never had that problem since I only applied in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for politcs and international relations took them a moth to get back to me though
    and ye my rents are not happy with the 2 scottish uni's i put down either lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the Applicant Day on the 3rd March?

ReputationRep:
    looks good but getting there is a pain in the arse really living in the south of endland has it's drawbacks
    Would love to go though see kings college in person

ReputationRep:
    If I get an offer I probably will. Flying looks to be the cheapest way

ReputationRep:
    Visiting is definetly worth it especially if you're unsure about firm/insurance choices, after seeing the place it was clear where I wanted to be for the next 4 years. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Anyone going to the Applicant Day on the 3rd March?
    I'll be there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going, although it means going up during the day on the 2nd and coming back on the 4th so I'll miss three days of school - last time I checked I think it said it was a 7 hour journey by train, but it's worth it, as Aberdeen is currently looking like being my insurance option so I'll need to visit it at some point anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.