The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

I really want to make Aberdeen my firm but I'm not sure if it's a good idea do it yet. I'm quite sure I want to go there but I've never been to Aberdeen. I might be able to go there this mars but it's not at all sure. You think I should wait until then to decide or should I just firm it now as I really like the course and what I've seen on pictures and read about the uni?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Is there anyone outside the UK applying? Apart from the person above :smile: I am scared as hell, never been to Scotland and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the accent. That is if I get accepted.
milusia
Is there anyone outside the UK applying? Apart from the person above :smile: I am scared as hell, never been to Scotland and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the accent. That is if I get accepted.

Haha, really don't worry about the dialect, you'll just pick up a couple of Scottish words! I have many international friends here and they have had no problem. :smile:

Thread about the accent issue here.
Reply 283
If Cambridge rejects me I will study in Scotland. :smile:
And I'm not afraid of accent.
I can't wait to study there in Aberdeen or Edinburgh (if they give me an offer :P)! :smile:
I'm applying to Edinburgh too, Cardif as well, but I really hope to get accepted by Aberdeen. So we may meet there :smile: What course(s) did you applied for?
Reply 285
milusia
I'm applying to Edinburgh too, Cardif as well, but I really hope to get accepted by Aberdeen. So we may meet there :smile: What course(s) did you applied for?

Law. :smile: And you?

I'm so happy about the offer from ABerdeen because my course is law with european legal studies and therefore, I will spend one year abroad. ;D

I hope Edinburgh will send offers soon. I'm glad that they didn't reject me in the first selection hahaha. ;D
Agg91
Law. :smile: And you?

Religious Studies
Reply 287
d123
I'm hopefully going, although it means going up during the day on the 2nd and coming back on the 4th so I'll miss three days of school - last time I checked I think it said it was a 7 hour journey by train, but it's worth it, as Aberdeen is currently looking like being my insurance option so I'll need to visit it at some point anyway.

I'll be going up late night on the Monday, staying over til the Wed, then going home late Wed evening. I'm only doing this so I get the opportunity to see the city too (something which I regretted not doing on the 1st) and got to be back down south for Loughborough Applicant Day on the 4th! :P
Reply 288
FusedJoe
I'll be going up late night on the Monday, staying over til the Wed, then going home late Wed evening. I'm only doing this so I get the opportunity to see the city too (something which I regretted not doing on the 1st) and got to be back down south for Loughborough Applicant Day on the 4th! :P

Ha ha poor you. It's icy as hell here. Town was ok but I can imagine the uni being a nightmare, where I live it's awful.
Keeno89
Ha ha poor you. It's icy as hell here. Town was ok but I can imagine the uni being a nightmare, where I live it's awful.

March.. not January :P dafty :smile:
Reply 290
Laura_f_1990
March.. not January :P dafty :smile:

^^

Yeah sorry for not making myself clear. March. :tongue:
FusedJoe
^^

Yeah sorry for not making myself clear. March. :tongue:

The giveaway was school being open :P
Has anyone received an offer/rejection recently? Like in the last couple of weeks? :confused:
WhereIsMyMind
Has anyone received an offer/rejection recently? Like in the last couple of weeks? :confused:

chill big boy. you'll be fine :smile:
alexterry
chill big boy. you'll be fine :smile:

:love:

:rofl:

How can I chill? :frown: How am I supposed to chill and stay relaxed knowing that I might end up having to rethink a year because the university I have wanted to go to for years is taking the piss! :mad:

/rant!
WhereIsMyMind
:love:

:rofl:

How can I chill? :frown: How am I supposed to chill and stay relaxed knowing that I might end up having to rethink a year because the university I have wanted to go to for years is taking the piss! :mad:

/rant!

you won't have to. you have offers from Brum for medicine and you don't even want to do it...
If you're that concerned then login to that portal and ask on that question form?
Reply 296
Don't worry about it if they're being slow - I'm sure you'll get an offer eventually. I know it's annoying but at the end of the day, there's nothing you can do about it, and stressing out won't help matters at all. Just try and relax (this is what I'm telling myself anyway with my two remaining unis)
I spoke to admissions before the Christmas break and I was told that applications are still being considered and that a decision will be made in due course. Sigh.
Reply 298
Just got an offer from Liverpool, so thats firm, Aberdeen insurance
Applying to uni of Aberdeen. Hoping to do Chemical Engineering. The RGU has a forum for future students where the current students give advice and encouragement to the newbies. anything like that for Aberdeen?

Thnx!

Latest

Trending

Trending