Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milusia)
    Is there anyone outside the UK applying? Apart from the person above I am scared as hell, never been to Scotland and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the accent. That is if I get accepted.
    oo...a fellow Pole!!! Hi! I'm from Wroclaw. You? I'm also applying, fear not you will get accustomed to it in no time. What are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to do chemistry or chem eng at Aberdeen, heard many positive things about it. Plus love Aberdeen, it's picturesque.

ReputationRep:
    Will be sending my application for MTh Biblical Theology in shortly, once I've got two written references.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Did anybody receive 3D glasses in the post from Aberdeen. I (only just!) got a prospectus in the post which had some 3D glasses too. I don't really know why...

ReputationRep:
    I got a pair during their open day..

:lolwut: <- everyone's face when they first found them :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got conditional offer for Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaavya)
    Lol, Did anybody receive 3D glasses in the post from Aberdeen. I (only just!) got a prospectus in the post which had some 3D glasses too. I don't really know why...
    I didnt get it. :P

ReputationRep:
    3D glasses? Nooo I didn't get any! I want some!

I didn't get them either. I did get an email though.. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I got them to, twice. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them though Tried to look at stuff with them on but nothing happened

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting annoyed by the constant well wishing e-mails Aberdeen are trudging out at the moment...? I've stopped all communication with them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    Anyone else getting annoyed by the constant well wishing e-mails Aberdeen are trudging out at the moment...? I've stopped all communication with them now.
    Lucky for some! I've had month of silence from Aberdeen since I recieved my acknowledgment which was a month after I sent my application lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicolePickle)
    Lucky for some! I've had month of silence from Aberdeen since I recieved my acknowledgment which was a month after I sent my application lol
    That's weird... I mean, that's an automatic mail to everyone registered on their website... I'm getting annoyed by it too :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I still get all that well wishing e-mails. You'll even get a virtual birthday card. :p: It is annoying as you expect something important but it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Haha, I still get all that well wishing e-mails. You'll even get a virtual birthday card. :p: It is annoying as you expect something important but it isn't.
    it was my birthday on sunday and i didn't get a birthday card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    it was my birthday on sunday and i didn't get a birthday card
    :console:
    Maybe there not doing it this year. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :console:
    Maybe there not doing it this year. :dontknow:
    Maybe it's because I'm not Scottish :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hah. I picked up the 3D glasses on the open day too.. Everyone looked ultra cool in them.

Also, Aberdeen do send out a lot of emails but I wouldn't say they're a lot at all. If anything, show's they're a university that goes to the bother of having the systems to send the emails out.
    Can't wait for my e-birthday card!

ReputationRep:
    No way! I didn't know they did birhtday cards! Haha. I find it really friendly. None of my other unis have sent things. I got a Happy New Year card from them (although it keeps getting me really hopeful that I've got in cos they're so friendly. Not a good idea). The 3D glasses came with a few 3D pictures with the tagline "University of Aberdeen - See the Difference" Naturally I used the glasses to watch a video of a 3D cat on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaavya)
    No way! I didn't know they did birhtday cards! Haha. I find it really friendly. None of my other unis have sent things. I got a Happy New Year card from them (although it keeps getting me really hopeful that I've got in cos they're so friendly. Not a good idea). The 3D glasses came with a few 3D pictures with the tagline "University of Aberdeen - See the Difference" Naturally I used the glasses to watch a video of a 3D cat on youtube.
    Naturally! :lolwut: :hmmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.