Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaavya)
    Oui. I've applied for English and it's my first choice. Looks beautiful and the course seems interesting. Application was processed on Dec 16th and I thought I'd get something by 20th Jan (taking Christmas hols into consideration). But I only got my acknowledgement on Monday and I'm going a little insane..Ahh Aberdeeen, please take me.

Yeaaah, i applied on the 17th of December for Psychology, and i (don't think..) i've even recieved an acknowledgement!

Getting kinda anxious.. especially since i'm sure some conditionals have been given out for my course.

I want it to be my Firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatMizzle)
    Yeaaah, i applied on the 17th of December for Psychology, and i (don't think..) i've even recieved an acknowledgement!

Getting kinda anxious.. especially since i'm sure some conditionals have been given out for my course.

I want it to be my Firm!
    Off topic but are you from Edinburgh by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Off topic but are you from Edinburgh by any chance?
    No. :P Perthshire!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatMizzle)

I want it to be my Firm!
    I'm applying for the same course as you. :yes:
    Still haven't heard anything though, it's worrying.

I got my rejection today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    From Aberdeen? That's worrying. You seem to be a good candidate. Did they give any reason for rejecting you?

(Original post by Demian)
    From Aberdeen? That's worrying. You seem to be a good candidate. Did they give any reason for rejecting you?
    No. I spoke to Admissions but someone's going to phone me back, because she couldn't find my records or something. I'm hoping it's a mistake. :cool:

I also got an offer from Bristol today! Meh!

ReputationRep:
    No. I spoke to Admissions but someone's going to phone me back, because she couldn't find my records or something. I'm hoping it's a mistake. :cool:

I also got an offer from Bristol today! Meh!
    Let's hope for an honest mistake
    And all shall be forgotten.
    Admissions can't be THIS tough this year. Or... can they?

(Original post by Demian)
    Let's hope for an honest mistake
    And all shall be forgotten.
    Admissions can't be THIS tough this year. Or... can they?
    I'm hoping it's a mistake, or I don't know what I'm going to do..

It's the only University I wanted to go to and it's the only one I ended up getting a rejection from.. :eek:

/must remain calm.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I had a feeling when I saw your grades that Aberdeen would think you're trying for Oxbridge and only putting them as a second choice. Harsh, but that was the only explanation I could think of for why you hadn't an offer. If that is the reason I'm sure you can show your application to them.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will be a mistake or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaavya)
    I had a feeling when I saw your grades that Aberdeen would think you're trying for Oxbridge and only putting them as a second choice. Harsh, but that was the only explanation I could think of for why you hadn't an offer. If that is the reason I'm sure you can show your application to them.
    They wouldn't reject you for that though. Besides, plenty of people on this thread have still got offers while having grades that greatly exceed the entry requirement.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping it's a mistake, or I don't know what I'm going to do..

It's the only University I wanted to go to and it's the only one I ended up getting a rejection from.. :eek:

/must remain calm.. :cool:

Atleast you've been accepted into 4 other Uni's, presdigious ones at that... I think you may be overreacting slightly considering that there are many people in this world that would give anything to have the opportunity of an education let alone a place at a University...

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry! I thought you would definitely get in with your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    They wouldn't reject you for that though. Besides, plenty of people on this thread have still got offers while having grades that greatly exceed the entry requirement.
    Agreed. Something must be up because they told me they let you know, accepted or rejected, within 3 - 4 weeks. So for it to have dragged for so long there must be a good reason. I thought you hadn't heard either because of the Oxbridge thing or because your grades were so good that they wanted to give you a scholarship? Something's not right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    If you can you should go with NCC for sure imo. I'm a current chem student so any questions then fire away (also where else have you applied?).
    Excellent! I think judging from what everyone has said I'll definately go for NCC. Just a few questions:

How much time do you spend in lectures and labs each week? Lecturers helpful?

Is it a big step up from A2 (If you did A-Levels that is?) and did you find your college notes helpful?

annnnnnnnnd how good is the Chem Society ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! How awful :[
    I have to admit I'm really surprised. Well I wish you all the best anyway, whereever you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonesy09)
    Excellent! I think judging from what everyone has said I'll definately go for NCC. Just a few questions:

How much time do you spend in lectures and labs each week? Lecturers helpful?

Is it a big step up from A2 (If you did A-Levels that is?) and did you find your college notes helpful?

annnnnnnnnd how good is the Chem Society ?

If you are able to pay for NCC go for it, however I wish I went to spring gardens.

Trying to get out of Halls, my flat is quite antisocial and never want to do anything, so I'm never there.
    Most people have had a good flat atmosphere though

lectures, varies usually get 3 x 1 hour lectures per week per module, so you'll be in about 12 hours, labs average out to about once every two weeks and are 3 hours long, although how many you'll do, will depend on all the modules you are taking.

Chem soc, as far as I know its pretty good. I have a friend who's in it and its apparently good banter

oh and for first year, its not too likely you'll need all your notes.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask why you applied for Medicine and English????

(Original post by economics_girl)
    Can I ask why you applied for Medicine and English????
    Because I felt like it

I hope that answers your question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.