Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by FusedJoe)
    Oh no! How awful :[
    I have to admit I'm really surprised. Well I wish you all the best anyway, whereever you go.
    Thanks! But I'm not giving up.. Admissions should be calling me back tomorrow.. I hope it's a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Thanks! But I'm not giving up.. Admissions should be calling me back tomorrow.. I hope it's a mistake.
    They will just be under the impression that you don't want to go there. With grades like that, you can understand :o: .
    You'll get your place.
    Good luck all the same

ReputationRep:
    Because I felt like it

I hope that answers your question.
    I cant believe it! Why have they rejected you?!
    i hope it is only a mistake!
    Good luck!! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Because I felt like it

I hope that answers your question.
    Haha. But how did you write about both in one personal statement?!? But congrats on your offers - amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economics_girl)
    Haha. But how did you write about both in one personal statement?!? But congrats on your offers - amazing!
    Yeah that might not have done him favours. That's very challenging.

I wish you all the best with that phone call back WhereIsMyMind!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an Unconditional for History, but the offer letter's a little weird. For example, on Track it says Unconditional, but the offer letter says

The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
    but no information on grades or anything, even though I have above the entry requirements.
    So I'm a bit confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    I just got an Unconditional for History, but the offer letter's a little weird. For example, on Track it says Unconditional, but the offer letter says

but no information on grades or anything, even though I have above the entry requirements.
    So I'm a bit confused.
    I got the same thing. It is a stock letter so people who get conditionals get the same one with conditions in that bit, if that makes sense. Is Aberdeen your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    I got the same thing. It is a stock letter so people who get conditionals get the same one with conditions in that bit, if that makes sense. Is Aberdeen your first choice?
    Oh I see I was thinking something had gone wrong. Yeah, It's high on my list, so I might end up there Is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    Oh I see I was thinking something had gone wrong. Yeah, It's high on my list, so I might end up there Is it your first choice?
    I'll be on your course if you go. I am still deciding between Edinburgh law, if I get an offer, and history Aberdeen. Aberdeen is edging it atm- I will do a law conversion after the history degree hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post23182898

come to this thread

ReputationRep:
    Heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Please explain me. If I'm going to do Law with European Legal Studies it means that I will do a Law with all people who applied for Law with other combinations like Law, Law with German, Law with French etc.? and my course only differs from the simple Law that I have one year abroad?
    Becuase I'm a little bit confused about this doubled courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agg91)
    Please explain me. If I'm going to do Law with European Legal Studies it means that I will do a Law with all people who applied for Law with other combinations like Law, Law with German, Law with French etc.? and my course only differs from the simple Law that I have one year abroad?
    Becuase I'm a little bit confused about this doubled courses.
    I don't think it is a qualifying degree, but I'm not sure. At Edinburgh the joint honours LLBs do not cover all the subjects you need to do the LPC and you have to pick them up in 3/4th as extra subjects if you intend on embarking on a legal career. I was going to do joint honours with History last year but didn't because I would have to do extra courses, maybe yours is different because it is another law related course you are doing :dontknow: .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi. Didn't know this thread existed. :o:

Anyway, I am also planning on going to Aberdeen once Edinburgh and St Andrews get back so I can firm it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    I don't think it is a qualifying degree, but I'm not sure. At Edinburgh the joint honours LLBs do not cover all the subjects you need to do the LPC and you have to pick them up in 3/4th as extra subjects if you intend on embarking on a legal career. I was going to do joint honours with History last year but didn't because I would have to do extra courses, maybe yours is different because it is another law related course you are doing :dontknow: .

oh. it's so complicated. I dont even know what I will have if I finish this course and what i will be able to do. I mean I dont know if it is enough to be a lawyer or judge?

ReputationRep:
    best thing to do is phone up or email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agg91)
    oh. it's so complicated. I dont even know what I will have if I finish this course and what i will be able to do. I mean I dont know if it is enough to be a lawyer or judge?
    You could ask to change to straight law if you wanted?

ReputationRep:
    Anymore news on your situation?

ReputationRep:
    ok so.. im sort of freaking out, im really set on going to Aberdeen, and i did IB so i got a 30 and they require 28.
    im looking to do Management Studies, or Economics and Management Studies
    I applied for both..
    do you think ill get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sijmen)
    ok so.. im sort of freaking out, im really set on going to Aberdeen, and i did IB so i got a 30 and they require 28.
    im looking to do Management Studies, or Economics and Management Studies
    I applied for both..
    do you think ill get an offer?
    If your PS is good I think it's very likely that you will get an offer
    Good luck!

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.