Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Theres a rough time table on the website, i've noticed that. I do think there are things in the morning but that just depends what you want to see.

LOL I like your observation. I'm from Scotland and going to Aberdeen.... far enough away from home though (realistically would love it to have been further) XD
    I've had a look through the PDF, I'm think going to base my itinerary on that - unless I hear otherwise So I guess I'll be flying the night before!

LOL! Distance from home also played a big part in my decision too! :yes: I can't wait I hope I get in.. :eek: (I think it's too early to worry! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I haven't received anything either. I have however received a prospectus, so ABDN must have got my details - because I hadn't ordered a prospectus, so I assume it's them that have sent it?

I did call them, (0122427200), but all I got was a rather dead (:eek:) sounding woman who told me that as long as I had applied, then we'll be contacted shortly.

I would like them to hurry up too :yes:. I'm going to have to get a flight out (it's too much hassle to drive), so if I could get some sort of itinerary, then I could book my flight accordingly, because it's cheaper for me to fly on the day - so if the event doesn't kick off till around ~1/2pm, then I could easily get the morning one, but if it's ~9am'ish (I've heard the UCAS talk is at 9am), then I'm going to have to come the night before..
    Fly the night before. Open Day starts about 8.30am I think.

(Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Thanks

Btw, is it free-reign on the campus? Because I know some Universities do student tours, but I'm not too keen on wasting time going through faculties that I have no interest in..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Btw, is it free-reign on the campus? Because I know some Universities do student tours, but I'm not too keen on wasting time going through faculties that I have no interest in..
    have a look at the pdf, which can be found on the openday website. It has all the times, and you just go to the things that interest you. :P

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    it starts at 8.30 but thats just the first welcome...

If you can get a flight that gets here about 9/10 on the 1st you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    it starts at 8.30 but thats just the first welcome...

If you can get a flight that gets here about 9/10 on the 1st you should be fine
    I know...
    You're better to turn up early if you can because I turned up a bit later and missed loads of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

It's pretty much free reign, you can take campus tours and leave halfway through if you want. You're better to take a tour because the ambassadors give you loads of information.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, most things are on more than once throughout the day though. I'll prob be there round ten, since after getting craig to school, we''l be driving there.

ReputationRep:
    I predict the roads into Aberdeen will be busy, if I do go I'll be leaving at ~7 to be there for ~8:30 although I'm not sure where I'd be able to park.

Thanks

I guess that's that sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I predict the roads into Aberdeen will be busy, if I do go I'll be leaving at ~7 to be there for ~8:30 although I'm not sure where I'd be able to park.
    I -think- the uni does a park and ride service during the day - park at the exhibition centre which is the north end of Aberdeen and then they'll take you into uni.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Aberdeen for 2010 for politics but thinking about doing accounts/economics instead(I'm going to do the latter in first year anyway.) There better be a student union by then.

I'm taking a year out so I can be 18 for freshers week and I can go to other clubs than just Korova.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    You could maybe sneak a space on Bedford Road. Might even be worth parking just off of Queen Street and walking/bussing up King Street. Indeed cutting across from the beach is an option too - these are a little bit long-distance, but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying, Sports & Exercise Science. Woo

I'm hoping to apply for English and History? Anyone else..
    I think I'll apply for English

(Original post by Sönkkö)
    I think I'll apply for English
    Excellent choice!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'm from down south (Kent, England) and I am hopefully going to study Computer Science.
    I got a flight up and visited the university on the 1st, and absolutely loved it. I didn't get to see the city though, which was a real shame. Nor did I get to see the accomodation. (I was restricted in time due to flights) but I did manage to get a campus tour.

(Original post by FusedJoe)
    Hey
    I'm from down south (Kent, England) and I am hopefully going to study Computer Science.
    I got a flight up and visited the university on the 1st, and absolutely loved it. I didn't get to see the city though, which was a real shame. Nor did I get to see the accomodation. (I was restricted in time due to flights) but I did manage to get a campus tour.
    I had a similar problem. But it indeed was an amazing tour. I'm so glad (some what) that I was limited to time, because now I can't wait to visit again to explore the rest of the campus and the area.

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar problem. But it indeed was an amazing tour. I'm so glad (some what) that I was limited to time, because now I can't wait to visit again to explore the rest of the campus and the area.
    Me too. I'm thinking of perhaps going in February, or even holding out until later. (Obviously no rush)

Alternatively, I could wait til I'm 18 in April. /shrug

ReputationRep:
    I should be at Aberdeen in September next year studying Philosophy! Got "quoted" an unconditional offer, instead of having to re-sit Year 13.

I like the look of the Uni from pictures and what I've read. Although the accommodation doesn't seem too highly rated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 5, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.