Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    We need more discussion.. :cool:

For those of you that now have your offers and have made firm/insurance, how are you preparing? Have you started sorting out things to take with you etc?

Is anyone else as excited as I am? I've already started purchasing things to take with me (I'm collected scatter cushions at the moment..). I reckon I'm going to end up getting too much..

For those of you that have decided you're going to apply for halls residence, have you decided where? I'm hoping to get in at NCC. Is anyone else thinking of NCC. Do you know anyone else that is going to be at ABDN - other than those on TSR, I'm all alone..

I'm imagining it all like Off the Hook... :o:
    I'm really exited about it to. Have bought lots of Aberdeen things from their online shop and started looking at things to take with me. Though I can't take much as I have to travel by plane there.
    I can't wait until September

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    You have an alarm clock but is it a talking alarm clock .

You have got loads- I am starting to worry as I have so much to get and only 7 months to get it in :p: .

What subject will you be doing btw?
    It's not a talking alarm clock.. But a helicopter is supposed to fly when the alarm goes off. I haven't tested it yet! :cool:

I started getting mine as soon as ABDN gave me the offer. I'm still not finished yet. I'm picking things up as a I go along.. I know my mum wants to get things too I'm going to run out of space..

I know this is going to sound stupid etc.. but I've already planned layouts etc and how my room is going to look. It's rather freakish. So I'll hate to have to leave things behind etc.

But I'm used to living away from home, so it's not much of an issue. But it's going to be ace!

NCC too? I guess I'll be seeing you there (I may come across like a boring sod on here, but I'm actually rather interesting and friendly.. Plus, I love shopping. So if you're ever looking for a shopping buddy, I'm your guy!)

I'm reading English and History! Yaaaaaay! :woo:

Does anyone know if ABDN has open fields nearby? I love lying down and reading.. or will it be too cold for that?

(Original post by Jface)
    Got my conditionals for Aberdeen yesterday so will be working ridiculously hard to get my grades, because it is the only uni I want to go to
    Ooh. From Aberdeen

You planning on commuting? Or halls?

It's so exciting! :woo: I know what you mean though.. from the start Aberdeen is the only place I wanted to go to! :yep:

(Original post by fridaystan)
    I'm really exited about it to. Have bought lots of Aberdeen things from their online shop and started looking at things to take with me. Though I can't take much as I have to travel by plane there.
    I can't wait until September
    Ooh. Aberdeen have an online shop? I'm looking to get a nice fleece/hoodie! :woo:

I see.. it costs a fair bit to freight it over here too.

I can't wait till September also. It's my birthday too! So it'll be my first birthday away from friends.. but I'm sure we'll make a bash of it at ABDN. :woo: (I know the Swedish party hard! :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if ABDN has open fields nearby? I love lying down and reading.. or will it be too cold for that?
    Seaton Park is only a few mins away, and it's massive. It will be ok as long as it's not submerged in water like it usually is during winter :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    ahaha. Yes there are many fields, but it is usually either freezing or raining. :teehee: Or constantly snowing this winter. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh. From Aberdeen

You planning on commuting? Or halls?

It's so exciting! :woo: I know what you mean though.. from the start Aberdeen is the only place I wanted to go to! :yep:
    Yeah, I don't want to leave home just yet
    Will probably just be commuting as it's only a 20ish minute bus journey to the uni, but my friend's dad might be buying a flat in town for her (her dad is rich.. haha) so there might be a couple of us going to live there

What course is it you've applied for? I'm sure you've probably mentioned it before here, but i havn't read through the whole thread haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jface)
    Got my conditionals for Aberdeen yesterday so will be working ridiculously hard to get my grades, because it is the only uni I want to go to
    Just noticed your sig... I'm currently doing Geography and Petroleum Geology at Aberdeen so felt like saying hi. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer weeks ago for Economics and French (CCC) before Christmas and I'll make my decision after going to the open day on the 3rd. If I like it up there I think I'll make it my first choice, if not I'll have to put Sheffield or Reading as my first choice. But I really hope I do like it its been my first choice for ages.

Oh and whereismymind if you're looking for the rowing club I think this website might be useful:

http://www.ausa.org.uk/content/page....d=80&tl_id=102

(Original post by ACAC)
    I got my offer weeks ago for Economics and French (CCC) before Christmas and I'll make my decision after going to the open day on the 3rd. If I like it up there I think I'll make it my first choice, if not I'll have to put Sheffield or Reading as my first choice. But I really hope I do like it its been my first choice for ages.

Oh and whereismymind if you're looking for the rowing club I think this website might be useful:

http://www.ausa.org.uk/content/page....d=80&tl_id=102
    Thanks!

I'm going to visit them and see them in action soon! Providing that someone can be bothered to phone me back.. :cool:

I hope you'll like it. I've visited a couple of times now, and I love it! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We need more discussion.. :cool:

For those of you that now have your offers and have made firm/insurance, how are you preparing? Have you started sorting out things to take with you etc?

Is anyone else as excited as I am? I've already started purchasing things to take with me (I'm collected scatter cushions at the moment..). I reckon I'm going to end up getting too much..

For those of you that have decided you're going to apply for halls residence, have you decided where? I'm hoping to get in at NCC. Is anyone else thinking of NCC. Do you know anyone else that is going to be at ABDN - other than those on TSR, I'm all alone..

I'm imagining it all like Off the Hook... :o:

Yes, I'm thinking of NCC

I am soo excited! I haven't started buying anything but I have made roughly a four page list of everything I need. I know people living in Aberdeen but none that are going to the Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading English and History! Yaaaaaay! :woo:

I'm doing History so I might be in some of you lectures!
    I am pretty boring too- my life consists of the gym, reading, music, alcohol (of course :p: ) and until quite recently sport!
    (sorry I didn't quote the whole post- I'm on the touch and it was being retarded so I gave up with replying to the whole post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Just noticed your sig... I'm currently doing Geography and Petroleum Geology at Aberdeen so felt like saying hi. :wavey:
    Aha, hello Was hoping to find someone who does that course!
    So do you enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jface)
    Aha, hello Was hoping to find someone who does that course!
    So do you enjoy it?
    I'm find both courses very interesting. Geology was completely new to me so found some of the science a bit daunting at first having had no background in chemistry nor physics. I really enjoyed the practicals, especially Paleontology and we've just started Mineralology and looking at thin sections under the microscope.

Geography is good too although I've found some of the lectures very similar to higher. There's such a vast range of topics covered, both in human and physical geography which gives a nice variation and the lecturers are ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I'm find both courses very interesting. Geology was completely new to me so found some of the science a bit daunting at first having had no background in chemistry nor physics. I really enjoyed the practicals, especially Paleontology and we've just started Mineralology and looking at thin sections under the microscope.

Geography is good too although I've found some of the lectures very similar to higher. There's such a vast range of topics covered, both in human and physical geography which gives a nice variation and the lecturers are ace.
    Ooo thanks for that! I was a bit worried before about Geology because I haven't done chemistry since 2nd year so thought that may hold me back!
    And my only problem with Geography is that I really don't like human. The difference between my physical and human marks was quite drastic in my higher exam according to my teacher. So that attracts me more toward geology.

I am excited about doing it though (as long as i get my grades of course.. haha)

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    I'm doing History so I might be in some of you lectures!
    I am pretty boring too- my life consists of the gym, reading, music, alcohol (of course :p: ) and until quite recently sport!
    (sorry I didn't quote the whole post- I'm on the touch and it was being retarded so I gave up with replying to the whole post).
    Sweet! I'll see you around then

If I'm honest, I don't think gym, reading,, music and alcohol is boring. I think it's the perfect combo. I reckon me and you'll get on like a house on fire! :woo:

On a bizzare note, I've ordered a ABDN hoodie from the ABDN website? Is it sad of me to wear it :| Before I'm even at Uni. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jface)
    Ooo thanks for that! I was a bit worried before about Geology because I haven't done chemistry since 2nd year so thought that may hold me back!
    And my only problem with Geography is that I really don't like human. The difference between my physical and human marks was quite drastic in my higher exam according to my teacher. So that attracts me more toward geology.

I am excited about doing it though (as long as i get my grades of course.. haha)
    I'm not a big fan of Human either - enjoy sustainable development/population type topics but there was a lecture focussing on Capitalism which I found rather dull. Although it's nice to have a break from the science in Geology. :p:

ReputationRep:

If I'm honest, I don't think gym, reading,, music and alcohol is boring. I think it's the perfect combo. I reckon me and you'll get on like a house on fire! :woo:

On a bizzare note, I've ordered a ABDN hoodie from the ABDN website? Is it sad of me to wear it :| Before I'm even at Uni. :o:
    In 3 years of being at uni, I have never bought a single thing with the uni logo on it, or a single society item of clothing. You would almost not know which uni I go to :eek3: Besides I own about 12 band t shirts (then I have other t shirts obv...) and about 6 hoodies so I have no need for them either :p:

ReputationRep:

Yep . You're keen! It wouldn't be sad to wear it now; it shows your enthusiasm for the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh hoodie talk, yeah still need to get one! Saying that got an e-mail from geogsoc tonight and the hoodies have the slogan "it's not just colouring in" on the back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.