Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    If you want to put Aberdeen as an insurance what do you about accomodation?
    Unless they have changed it, nothing, you can't apply until your offer turns to unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at the Applicants day yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    I know of a few people who were there. All said it was pretty flyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    i was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by withintemptation)
    i was!
    I was too!

Constantly loitering around the computer science stand. :rolleyes:

For those who have firmed condititional and unconditional offers, have you tried: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/...ply_online.php for accomodation?

I filled it in yesterday, I wonder if I will hear back soon? Or maybe I should remain calm and wait for ABDN to contact me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    For those who have firmed condititional and unconditional offers, have you tried: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/...ply_online.php for accomodation?

I filled it in yesterday, I wonder if I will hear back soon? Or maybe I should remain calm and wait for ABDN to contact me.
    I will be absolutely shocked if you hear back before May/June tbh. That's normally around the time they start sending out offers of accommodation to the unconditionals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)

Are the lease dates not still for last year?

They were when I tried, and was told I'd have to wait until May before I could apply for this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)

They were when I tried, and was told I'd have to wait until May before I could apply for this year.
    Yeah same here, I got told to apply in May as they hadn't decided this years lease fees.

Still going for the cheapest, as many knocks as I've heard Burnett, Esslemont and Hector get.

ReputationRep:
    If you look carefully, the lease dates are:
    19.09.09 - 21.08.10
    So this is for last year and by submitting it, it probably wont get you anywhere.

(Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)

Yeah. I was jumping the gun, so to speak. :p:

I had a call from Anne (I think..) from Student Services (?) who told me that accommodation packs for this year will be going out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my re-sit results. I went from a C to a B in FRench!

I've just accepted aberdeen! ahhh!

(Original post by ACAC)
    Just got my re-sit results. I went from a C to a B in FRench!

I've just accepted aberdeen! ahhh!
    Yaay!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for any offer/rejection... I hate not knowing, it makes me moody :/

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen FC better be good next season. Charlton (the team I support) just lost 4-0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    Aberdeen FC better be good next season. Charlton (the team I support) just lost 4-0.
    As a local and a fan over the past decade and a half, I can tell you that it's not going to happen. I like McGhee, but the name Aberdeen FC has lost it's charm over the past couple of decades.

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen Psychology... I'm in! yay! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I got conditionals for Religious Studies and Religious Studies with Sociology, finally

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen! Accepted it as 'Firm' today! yahoooo!
    Anyone booked accommodation yet? if so, which?!

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Glasgow So I'm putting Aberdeen as my firm!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.