Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    Got rejected from Glasgow So I'm putting Aberdeen as my firm!!

Me too!

(Original post by ShieldsG)
    Me too!
    I'm probably going to do the same myself. :sick:

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen is my insurance. :cool:

(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It's the furthest place (or one of them) in the UK (I believe) from my parents!
    :gasp:

That's the reason why my choices are so far from London.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology some days ago :yep:
    I really hope I will like the city cause I've never been there, wouldn't be worth it to fly in from Texas just for an open day, way too expensive. But so it's gonna be even more exciting in September!

Gonna go for the cheapest accomodation and I just hope that it's not too bad there.

So, I will see you there! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    And you are not the only German girl in Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mischl)
    Gonna go for the cheapest accomodation and I just hope that it's not too bad there.

So, I will see you there! :woo:
    Psychology and cheapest accommodation. That will be Hillhead, won't it? I guess I'll definitely see you around then.

ReputationRep:
    Abz insured, applying for NCC.

ReputationRep:
    Firm - Aberdeen
    Staying in Old Fire Station

ReputationRep:
    Right so if Aberdeen is your insurance, do you need to apply for accomodation or not?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a higher chance of getting into better halls like NCC if you apply earlier (in late April/May). I have accepted an offer to do Management Studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katemorris92)
    Do you have a higher chance of getting into better halls like NCC if you apply earlier (in late April/May). I have accepted an offer to do Management Studies!
    Apparently not. First choice usually goes to the unconditional people.
    The as the conditional people meet there grades etc they begin to be allocated their room.
    However, i know someone who applied on time and everything yet ended up with accommodation that wasn't even in there 5 choices.

ReputationRep:
    Are there accommodations that I need to avoid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bozhkov)
    Are there accommodations that I need to avoid?
    Good question. And does the uni send us some brochures about halls after we receive an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milusia)
    Good question. And does the uni send us some brochures about halls after we receive an offer?
    I have been told once you have firmed/insured the offer you will be sent information about accommodation, either at the end of April or the beginning of May.

ReputationRep:
    Still not heard back from Aberdeen, applied for 3rd year entry to do Management...

Should hear back by end of March according to UCAS website so should be something in the next week or so....

Getting annoyed with the wait, also waiting on 3 other Unis!!!

Dunno whether the delay in response is to do with applying for 3rd year entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milusia)
    Does the uni send us some brochures about halls after we receive an offer?
    Hi,

Here's what the applicant portal says:

Certificates of Acceptance - 2010 Entry
    Certificates of Acceptance will be posted from week commencing 10 May 2010 to all applicants who Firmly accept an offer of admission to the University or who are placed at Confirmation. Included in the envelope will be information on how to apply for Halls of Residence.

ReputationRep:
    withintemptation, kaaavya, thanks for info. I already got this brochure from Cardiff, that's why I thought about Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one who cant get in the applic portal?
    directs me to megaclick.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    am i the only one who cant get in the applic portal?
    directs me to megaclick.com
    I got on just fine. I've never been redirected to megaclick? Maybe empty your cache/cookies? Bit of a longshot? My track used to redirect somewhere silly until I deleted my cookies and it was fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.