Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Hare)
    I should be at Aberdeen in September next year studying Philosophy! Got "quoted" an unconditional offer, instead of having to re-sit Year 13.

I like the look of the Uni from pictures and what I've read. Although the accommodation doesn't seem too highly rated.
    Yeah I've heard that.

Any current Aberdeen'ers willing to give us some info?

(Original post by FusedJoe)
    Me too. I'm thinking of perhaps going in February, or even holding out until later. (Obviously no rush)

Alternatively, I could wait til I'm 18 in April. /shrug
    I think I might wait till around Easter. Hopefully I'll be able to take some time off from work too and I can make a holiday of it. :woo:

Cause the thing with Aberdeen (to me) is that there is a lot that goes unnoticed and to appreciate not only the University but the surrounding areas, you need to spend some time there. :yep:

I should be at Aberdeen in September next year studying Philosophy! Got "quoted" an unconditional offer, instead of having to re-sit Year 13.

I like the look of the Uni from pictures and what I've read. Although the accommodation doesn't seem too highly rated.
    I can't seem to find the thread any more, but I was reading through a long-ish Aberdeen Students thread on here (I think from 2005 or something?) and the accommodation was mentioned a lot. But then reading from some newer threads, it would appear that they're renovating - or were, so it would be nice to get the perspective of some current students.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the on campus accommodation ain't so pretty.

But I live super close, so it's not like that would bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some pictures of the catered accomodation (adam smith house) and the uni in general if anybody wants to see?

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen's my first choice for Medicine (assuming they give me an offer of course), I really hope I get a place!

I visited Scotland a few weeks ago and it's absolutely beautiful! :o:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    I've got some pictures of the catered accomodation (adam smith house) and the uni in general if anybody wants to see?
    Wow! If you could, that would be brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Wow! If you could, that would be brilliant!
    Here's some, if anyone wants anything specific just ask and I'll see what I can do.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Here's some, if anyone wants anything specific just ask and I'll see what I can do.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I have seen a green Glasgow bag! I got one as well.

Spoiler:
    Show

Awesome thanks! (Rep coming your way!)

If you have more, could you upload them? Just more of the accommodation in general - trying to get some sort of perspective of size. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Awesome thanks! (Rep coming your way!)

If you have more, could you upload them? Just more of the accommodation in general - trying to get some sort of perspective of size. :yep:
    I've got friends in New Carnagie and Hector Boyce so will ask them kindly if I can get some pics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoCommentMan)
    I have seen a green Glasgow bag! I got one as well.
    ...and I thought mine was special :p: Keeps the uni documents together.

I've got friends in New Carnagie and Hector Boyce so will ask them kindly if I can get some pics.
    Sweet! If you could, that would be blooming marvellous! :woo:

Cause the only time you get to have a look, is when they're empty and I'm not good with arrangements so I'd prefer to look at the room full - to see how it works in terms of space etc.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible to get some of Burnett/Esslemont?

Although I've been told that Hector is quite similar.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll apply for either AI or English.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible to get some of Burnett/Esslemont?

Although I've been told that Hector is quite similar.
    Thanks!
    Search function is your friend I've posted of pics before and I am sure someone else did photos of Esslemont..

althought HB, Esslemont and Burnett are IDENTICAL. Not just similar :p: The furniture in HB and Esslemont was a bit newer (although they may have refusbed Burnett since I was there) but that's the only difference

ReputationRep:
    New carnegie (just off the net though, friend said hers was too messy for pics :p:)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  n565967603_1764421_8631.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  n565967603_1764424_9815.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  40.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    I have empty pics of new carnegie, but if you want, I can take pictures tomrrow and upload them??

I'm ever so grateful for the pictures! If anyone has more, they'll too be appreciated!

Carnegie Court looks really nice!

ReputationRep:
    I have got a place at Aberdeen for 2010 to study Chemistry I haven't been up yet to look at accomodation, but I think I'll probably end up going for New Carnegie Court, I'm coming up in few weeks to look around hopefully! Anybody else confirmed places for next year?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.