Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    thanks, lol
    apparently you get a pack about accomidation have you got yours? loads of my friends going to other unis have sorted out their accomidation and i haven't started...

(Original post by betts92)
    thanks, lol
    apparently you get a pack about accomidation have you got yours? loads of my friends going to other unis have sorted out their accomidation and i haven't started...

We're supposed to have had it now.. but I haven't had one? I've arranged private accommodation as a backup, but I really want to stay in NCC halls

I'm hoping someone from ABDN will answer my email asap.

Aberdeen's my insurance, will I still be getting one of these accommodation thingies?

ReputationRep:
    none of my friends have theirs yet either, so one of them emailed and said we'll have them by mid may so fingers crossed they don't do first come first served
    i really want to be in halls for first year

ReputationRep:
    Apparently accommodation packs and other info are going out on the 10th .

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1259804

(Original post by betts92)
    none of my friends have theirs yet either, so one of them emailed and said we'll have them by mid may so fingers crossed they don't do first come first served
    i really want to be in halls for first year
    It's the same response I got.. I wonder if it was a template response? :confused:

Same. Obviously, I'll be happy at ABDN wherever I stay. But living in Halls is part of the Uni experience!

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Apparently accommodation packs and other info are going out on the 10th .

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1259804
    Yaay! I hope they still have places in NCC :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Yaay! I hope they still have places in NCC :cry:
    As do I :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Just to make sure - as I firmed Aberdeen, are there any additional steps in order to get accommodation pack, or we just have to wait?

ReputationRep:
    No you just have to wait!

The accommodation packs were sent out late last year too

(Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    No you just have to wait!

The accommodation packs were sent out late last year too
    OK, that's somewhat reassuring

So I take it Unite were only allocated a limited number of places at NCC? Because, at the moment, their website is listing NCC as 'Sold Out', so if ABDN haven't sent the packs out, I take it there must still be places? Or was Unite given sole 'rights' to administrate accommodation for NCC?

ReputationRep:
    OK, that's somewhat reassuring

So I take it Unite were only allocated a limited number of places at NCC? Because, at the moment, their website is listing NCC as 'Sold Out', so if ABDN haven't sent the packs out, I take it there must still be places? Or was Unite given sole 'rights' to administrate accommodation for NCC?
    Yeah it looks like that way this year. Not sure if thats going to be a good thing or not though.

I'm not quite sure how its working out, but I presume the university have some NCC rooms to allocate.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Yeah it looks like that way this year. Not sure if thats going to be a good thing or not though.

I'm not quite sure how its working out, but I presume the university have some NCC rooms to allocate.
    They have some but apparently not many.
    People i spoke to last year who applied for NCC ended up living somewhere completly different of a lot lower standard.
    Also its apparently likely that you wont get your first choice of accommodation. (from what I have been told from past years)
    Those who have received an unconditional offer are likely to get first pick, and then those who have conditional offers will only be offered an actual room when they receive their results in summer. (although obviously you will apply for it within the next month)

I decided not to take any chances and booked my own accommodation with UNITE at the Old Fire Station. Walking distance of the both the university and the city centre and straight across the road from Morrissons. Sounds okay to me

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Hillhead, as it is cheaper and presumably not that bad Am I supposed to worry about finding a place there, baring in mind that my exam results are coming out about two weeks before the scottish ones?

ReputationRep:
    Where do we find out our 'Applicant Number' or 'Personal ID' to log onto the portal? Was it on a letter they posted to us ?

Thanks,
    Found it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AveragePro)
    Where do we find out our 'Applicant Number' or 'Personal ID' to log onto the portal? Was it on a letter they posted to us ?

Thanks,
    No, I don't think it was on any letter. It's the number you got when you applied through UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    NCC is now owned by Unite and they control all of the bookings! All the rooms appear to be booked there now too! I booked a place in The Old Fire Station, also owned by Unite.

(Original post by ShieldsG)
    NCC is now owned by Unite and they control all of the bookings! All the rooms appear to be booked there now too! I booked a place in The Old Fire Station, also owned by Unite.
    You're joking, right?

FFS. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShieldsG)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Aberdeen Uni holds back accommodation for NCC.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.