Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Guys, I can't apply for accommodation. It keeps saying,

"Unable to verify your details against Student/Applications information. Please check your entered ID and Date of Birth. If necessary please contact the Accommodation Office".

Help?
    Got the exact same problem mate, and so has my girlfriend.

We're both in NZ, it's 10:10pm here and we are getting the exact same message. We applied last year for defferred entry, accepted our places last summer and are now travelling, did you defer aswell or have you got an unconditional?

Anyone got through to the Accommodation Office either? It's engaged for me, I've been ringing for about 45 minutes non stop.

Anybody got the solution??

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    OK, **** it. The post just arrived and nothing from the uni so I'm just going to go ahead and apply now.
    Oh..

That's not a good sign.

I'm still hopeful something will arrive soon.. Postman hasn't visited yet! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Same. Oh well, looks like we will have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the +rep WhereIsMyMind .

NCC is university accommodation as opposed to unite, isn't it?
    Supposedly.

(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Same here. I know the details are correct..
    :hmmm:

They might be having server problems. Either way, I hope they fix it soon.

(Original post by Joneys09)
    did you defer aswell or have you got an unconditional?
    No, my offer is a conditional and I'll be starting in September. It seems problems have been found in every spectrum (deferred, conditional, unconditional).

I hope whatever it is is sorted soon

I blame the volcanic ash from Iceland! :mad:

Same. Oh well, looks like we will have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the +rep WhereIsMyMind .
    We're all guaranteed accommodation aren't we? :confused:

Meh. I'd really love a place in NCC, but I'm gonna face reality now; chances are all the places will be gone soon! I'm hoping the other halls aren't as bad as some of the posts have been saying!

No worries. :love: .

ReputationRep:

Meh. I'd really love a place in NCC, but I'm gonna face reality now; chances are all the places will be gone soon! I'm hoping the other halls aren't as bad as some of the posts have been saying!

Accommodation is guaranteed so it'll be fine. Anyway, if we can't get on now, chances are no-one can so we may still get NCC :yep:. I've heard the other halls are bad, but not that bad.

ReputationRep:

Noooo don't say that I want to live in NCC :eek3:

I'm hoping the other halls aren't as bad as some of the posts have been saying![/SIZE]
    It can't be that bad if it's in Aberdeen.

(Original post by Jonesy09)
    Noooo don't say that I want to live in NCC :eek3:
    Haha. From the moment I applied (and when I made my choices) I've been going on about NCC :lol: I'll be like a teeny-weeny bit sad if I can't get a place in NCC.

You should see my ramblings in this thread earlier on RE: NCC. :rofl:

(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    It can't be that bad if it's in Aberdeen.
    Haha. I can see you're going to be a right barrel of laughs on campus.. I can see you now, being the one going around winding everyone up. :love:

Accommodation is guaranteed so it'll be fine. Anyway, if we can't get on now, chances are no-one can so we may still get NCC :yep:. I've heard the other halls are bad, but not that bad.
    In all honestly, ABDN is where I've been wanting to go to from the start. I'm not gonna let a grip with accommodation ruin that. :yep:

However, I've heard that in some blocks/halls, the showers are literally holes in the walls.. :eek:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    In all honestly, ABDN is where I've been wanting to go to from the start. I'm not gonna let a grip with accommodation ruin that. :yep:

However, I've heard that in some blocks/halls, the showers are literally holes in the walls.. :eek:

:rofl:
    It is up north- what do you expect :p: . They're still pretty primitive up there... we are putting off Ramocito ever more now, aren't we?

It is up north- what do you expect :p: . They're still pretty primitive up there... we are putting off Ramocito ever more now, aren't we?
    I knew you guys had it bad.. but not that bad. :cry:

Plus, that's not the end of it. For catered accommodation, you're given vacuum sealed bags of processed food. Sounds.. delicious!

Haha. I'm doing it on purpose..

ReputationRep:
    Okay so seeing as I am in Auckland, I got my dad to start ringing up on my behalf as it was costing me a bomb ringing from here, and he managed to get in touch with the Application Office as the Accommodation Office is perma-engaged, and they said something along the lines of

'You can't apply online until you have recieved a letter in the post with your Student ID number, which should be with everyone with an unconditional or accepted (deferred entry) place by the end of this week or the start of the next'

So basically, if the guy in the application office is right, we have to sit tight and wait :mad:

'You can't apply online until you have recieved a letter in the post with your Student ID number, which should be with everyone with an unconditional or accepted (deferred entry) place by the end of this week or the start of the next'
    What about those of us who have conditional offers? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I knew you guys had it bad.. but not that bad. :cry:

Plus, that's not the end of it. For catered accommodation, you're given vacuum sealed bags of processed food. Sounds.. delicious!

Haha. I'm doing it on purpose..
    Hey, I'm in Edinburgh which is practically England in Scottish terms :p: .

Okay so seeing as I am in Auckland, I got my dad to start ringing up on my behalf as it was costing me a bomb ringing from here, and he managed to get in touch with the Application Office as the Accommodation Office is perma-engaged, and they said something along the lines of

So basically, if the guy in the application office is right, we have to sit tight and wait :mad:

Cheers for that I guess we're going to have to wait!

I'm pretty sure I have both UCAS and Student ID number, cause it was on a letter ABDN sent to me before.. Meh. It might have been for something else? :confused:

I take it we can still arrange via phone? I cba to wait and constantly face the engaged tone. I knew I should have let my mum sort it out.. (:ninja:)

ReputationRep:

Thanks. I suppose we'll just have to wait then :sigh:.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for that I guess we're going to have to wait!

I'm pretty sure I have both UCAS and Student ID number, cause it was on a letter ABDN sent to me before.. Meh. It might have been for something else? :confused:

I take it we can still arrange via phone? I cba to wait and constantly face the engaged tone. I knew I should have let my mum sort it out.. (:ninja:)
    Yeah I thought that aswell about the Student ID Number, which is when I rang my dad, and got him to find the letter for the Aberdeen Student Portal which I thought it was on.....it just turned out to be my UCAS number with UC01 stuck on the end......oh well, never logged on to the portal till now, just shows your UCAS number and your offer/confirmed place.

The phone line is STILL engaged nearly 2 hours later.......if anyone gets through and manages to book accommodation over the phone please let everyone know :yep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.