Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I just went ahead and applied anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gent_man)
    hey!

you said that you're going to take a loan..it this different from the tuition fees award by SAAS?? could you tell me a bit more about it??
    Sure, though im not entirely sure how it works. As I am living in Scotland and studying in Scotland, I can apply for a student loan, but I would recieve the minimum which is £915 for the year.

Heres the link It's probably more useful
    http://www.student-support-saas.gov.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the system ask you for your ID??i also tried to do the same but it was impossible!i don't know if it's different if you do it by calling.

(Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    Nope, I just went ahead and applied anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gent_man)
    Didn't the system ask you for your ID??i also tried to do the same but it was impossible!i don't know if it's different if you do it by calling.
    It said you can put in your UCAS ID, so I did that. Are you international? It might be different for you, I have no idea really.

ReputationRep:
    1. NCC
    2. Esslemont
    3. Hector

ReputationRep:
    thanks..just hope to be eligible!

(Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)
    Sure, though im not entirely sure how it works. As I am living in Scotland and studying in Scotland, I can apply for a student loan, but I would recieve the minimum which is £915 for the year.

Heres the link It's probably more useful
    http://www.student-support-saas.gov.uk/

ReputationRep:
    yeah i am not scottish.I don't whether or not the process isn't the same..but last time i went to the uni's site in the section apply online..thanks anyway..good luck!

(Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    It said you can put in your UCAS ID, so I did that. Are you international? It might be different for you, I have no idea really.

ReputationRep:
    It is not letting me apply with mu UCAS ID... ergghh ucas obviously has it against me! And I dont have my student ID! Disaster!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia_287)
    It is not letting me apply with mu UCAS ID... ergghh ucas obviously has it against me! And I dont have my student ID! Disaster!
    Same here but I phoned up and they gave me my student ID so I could apply .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I will keep on calling! Hope you get the accommadation that you want!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/...ply_online.php

can do it online. so easy no time needed and all you need is your ucas code. e.g. 108330.... xx

ReputationRep:
    aplied at south house, south house en suite, ncc, then some others!.

ReputationRep:
    When I went up on the openday in March i saw most of the accomodation at hillhead and south house is definatly the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Why will it not lt me use my UCAS code...why meeeee???!!! Honestly, I think I have made a mistake coming to Aberdeen, scotland hates me! When I came to visit I missed my train, my phone (for some reason) just would not work and electric doors just didn't open for me....

I just want to get it all sorted lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia_287)
    Why will it not lt me use my UCAS code...why meeeee???!!! Honestly, I think I have made a mistake coming to Aberdeen, scotland hates me! When I came to visit I missed my train, my phone (for some reason) just would not work and electric doors just didn't open for me....

I just want to get it all sorted lol!
    Relax, this is apparently happening to most people - me included Just phone the accomodation office up (it might take a while, but you'll get through eventually) and they'll give you a new code to use, then it'll work fine.

ReputationRep:
    quick question, if I apply to halls now ut decide ina months time that I want to live in a flat can i just withdraw my application to halls, and so not be obliged to take it?

ReputationRep:
    i phone the office and they said i had to wait until i got my application pack!!!! so how did everyone else get theres then......she tricked me this sucks

ReputationRep:
    YES! Same has happend to me. After attempting to get thorugh for about 5 years they told me I have to wait! I do not want to wait... have you tried doing it with your ucas details?

ReputationRep:
    yea i have! but she said to wait until i got the pack but if people got theres just be asking! i want MINE! LOL this is unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    i phone the office and they said i had to wait until i got my application pack!!!! so how did everyone else get theres then......she tricked me this sucks
    I finally got through about 5 minutes ago and got the same response as you. she said the application packs should arrive at the end of this week/beginning of next week.

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.