Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    same! but how did people get there then???? mmmmm something is not right!

ReputationRep:
    ok i phoned again and GRILLED her an answer! she said that they cannot give out the id numbers anymore due to confidentialty! they were being told off for doin it earlier etc. blah blah and that everyone will just have to wait! thats rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh nooo! But how come some people can do it with their ucas numbers? It's a bit unfair... I hope they are like "Yeah, sorry to all of you guys who couldn't apply, to make it up to you we have built a special new place for you all to live" and it is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    hah i WISH!
    well i ask and she said you cnt do it with ucas numbers!SO WE will have to wait, but its unfair cuz its not our fault they shouldnt of even given out the numbers!!!!

ReputationRep:
    its seems that eveyrone who phoned in before 12 got there student id numbers! and then they had to stop it! i just hope we get the packs soon
    i had an exam this morning (higher business management) i should of gone left and phoned them! lol hah

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a conspiricy lol! Knowing my luck my pack will be the last to arrive and I will end up living in a hall, or shed, or with a worden who makes me get home before 10 every night and insists on light out at half past!

Owww, that sounds a horrible exam! What course are you doing at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I see the Aberdeen University website says on the Apply Online page that you can apply from Monday 24th May onwards - eh? What if you already applied this morning....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AveragePro)
    I see the Aberdeen University website says on the Apply Online page that you can apply from Monday 24th May onwards - eh? What if you already applied this morning....?
    I got an email confirming that I sumbitted the form. But does this mean that I have to re-apply next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)
    I got an email confirming that I sumbitted the form. But does this mean that I have to re-apply next week?
    Same, an email saying I will get a decision within 2 weeks and confirming my application. This is frustrating....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia_287)
    I think it is a conspiricy lol! Knowing my luck my pack will be the last to arrive and I will end up living in a hall, or shed, or with a worden who makes me get home before 10 every night and insists on light out at half past!

Owww, that sounds a horrible exam! What course are you doing at uni?

It was alrght but doesnt really matter cuz i've got unconditional to do law and french! :woo: wat about u?
    i think we can see that aberdeen office = crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AveragePro)
    Same, an email saying I will get a decision within 2 weeks and confirming my application. This is frustrating....
    Maybe try and re-apply next monday and see what happens? Surely if it worked we'd get a message saying that they already have an application from us? Better safe than sorry i guess :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Not happy about this whole situation. At the end of the day we are all guaranteed a place, but they tell you to get in quick to get your first choice and it seems for a lot of people this isn't possible for various reasons: haven't received the applicant packs in the post, the UCAS ID isn't working when the website says you can use this to apply and they wont give out the Student ID over the phone despite doing so earlier. This obviously makes it impossible for people to get their first choice even if they are first to try and apply.

From the moment I applied to the uni I have been impressed with Aberdeen's communications. Now I have accepted them as my firm choice they don't seem to care about me anymore.

Edit: Just read the comments above and seen the updated apply page. Time to phone and ask whats going on.

ReputationRep:
    "You can apply for accommodation from week commencing Monday 24th May 2010" well they have truly screwed it up for everyone who has applied this morning afnd for everyone else! ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    It was alrght but doesnt really matter cuz i've got unconditional to do law and french! :woo: wat about u?
    i think we can see that aberdeen office = crap

Oh dear, seems like they are having a total mare!!

Law and french?! That sounds good..hard as well!

Am doing english but I haven't decided what other subjects to do?! Might end up picking them out if a hat!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone who has already applied finds out what's happening with your applications or whether or not we have to apply again, could they let the rest of us know? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knack)
    Time to phone and ask whats going on.
    Ok, took a while but got through to a friendly lady. They said that they have stopped taking applications because they are having problems with their new systems. I don't believe this personally - I think they have realised there are big problems and have stopped taking any more applications. I told her I was concerned about having not received the pack and she said I should get it by the time they reopen the accommodation application site. She said those packs were still being processed and had not all been posted.

I think it would have been better if they had maybe sent all the packs out as and when people accepted their offer. That way they can then go ahead and open for applications in the knowledge that everyone should have the pack and the ability to apply. Instead of taking applications when they know fine well not everyone can apply.

I shouldn't be getting so worked up about this when I have exams to think about!

ReputationRep:
    I applied this morning at around ten and recieved a confirmation email.

Got home to find out that they have postponed applications? Sent the accomodation department an email and just recieved a confrimation they recieved it! Bit of a mess ay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Williams_MGS18)
    I applied this morning at around ten and recieved a confirmation email.

Got home to find out that they have postponed applications? Sent the accomodation department an email and just recieved a confrimation they recieved it! Bit of a mess ay?
    Does this mean that you won't have to re-apply when they open it up again?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just an automated email saying they recieved my first email enquiring about what has happend.

Tbh it looks like not many people were able to get through, so the uni may just re start applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)
    Does this mean that you won't have to re-apply when they open it up again?

They just replied to my e-mail:

Hi Jennifer

I refer to your e-mail and write to advise you that your original form will be held on file, you won’t have to apply again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.