Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goat?)
    Is it first come first served for accomodation? If it is then the people like me who still haven't received the packs will be at an unfair disadvantage...:mad:

I KNOW I HAVNT GOT MINE YET:mad: HOPES IT COMES 2MORO THOUGH AT LEAST:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Guys, I can't apply for accommodation. It keeps saying,

"Unable to verify your details against Student/Applications information. Please check your entered ID and Date of Birth. If necessary please contact the Accommodation Office".

Help?
    Isn't Aberdeen your insurance though? In that case, you can't apply for accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I refer to your e-mail and write to advise you that Student Recruitment are sending out the certificate of acceptances at the moment.

The online application will not open until Student Recruitment advise us that they have sent them all out.

Regards
    This sent on thursday 20th - I had asked whether mine had been sent.

If it was sent on Friday I won't receive it til monday and my post comes about midday. In that case they will start accepting applications again despite me (and other people) not having the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Is the welcome pack containing letter of acceptance?

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen is my insurance, when can I apply for accommodation? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyIScool)
    Aberdeen is my insurance, when can I apply for accommodation? Thanks
    If it becomes your firm (i.e. you miss your firm offer) you apply then, I think.

ReputationRep:
    well its monday! day of accomodation application, and i havnt got the pack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    well its monday! day of accomodation application, and i havnt got the pack!
    Mine came today but I have already applied for accommodation so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Mine came today but I have already applied for accommodation so...
    What's in it? I mean, does it help at all or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milusia)
    What's in it? I mean, does it help at all or not?
    Just a certificate of acceptance, info on funding etc and that's about it really .

ReputationRep:
    The welcome pack is not very helpful in terms of accommodation, which is pretty awful, seeing as the Aberdeen accommodation website is out of date.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I still have not recieved this mythical pack, BUT I have applied for my accommadation by using my UCAS number thing...e, 1056.....etc and I did that this about half an hour ago...might be worth a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia_287)
    Hey,
    I still have not recieved this mythical pack, BUT I have applied for my accommadation by using my UCAS number thing...e, 1056.....etc and I did that this about half an hour ago...might be worth a try!
    hey well i applied aswell finally 2!:woo:
    i did my ucas number first of all but i phoned to check and she said it might not be properly submitted with ur ucas number?:confused: so i would need my id number! i told her i havnt recieved it yet and she gave me the number for the student recruitment office 01223273504 and they gave me my id number!:eek: lol so i have applied through that? dunno if that helps?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to put 5 choices?

ReputationRep:
    i sent also my application using mu UCAS code and i had no problem..i also received in my mail a confirmation email!hope i'm done..i chose 3 out of 5 choices~!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gent_man)
    i sent also my application using mu UCAS code and i had no problem..i also received in my mail a confirmation email!hope i'm done..i chose 3 out of 5 choices~!
    Cool so you just put 3 down yeah? And there was no mention that there was any problem with that in the email you got?

ReputationRep:
    I just sent the application out as well Hope I'll get my first choice!!
    I put 4 of 5 choices down, seems to be no problem, got the confirmation mail and everything seems to be fine.
    So now I hope those 2 weeks fo over really quick and I know where I am going to stay!

ReputationRep:
    well i hope i there's no problem!
    in the email i received there were the 3 choices i've made..but i think that as long as the system allowed me to continue with the 3 choices everything's ok! just do it and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gent_man)
    well i hope i there's no problem!
    in the email i received there were the 3 choices i've made..but i think that as long as the system allowed me to continue with the 3 choices everything's ok! just do it and see.
    OK thanks - that's what I would have thought as well. What 3 did you go for?

ReputationRep:
    1. Esslemont
    2. Hector Boece
    3. Fyfe,Adam Smith..

the cheapest ones :P , what about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.