(Original post by gent_man)
    1. Esslemont
    2. Hector Boece
    3. Fyfe,Adam Smith..

the cheapest ones :P , what about you?
    1. New Carnegie Court
    2. South House
    3. Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell

The expensive ones! Hoping to get into NCC.

Edit: just got the confirmation email so it seems to be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck then with your choices!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i actually don't know what to do...

I applied for my accommodation last monday - before they suspended 'apply online' for a week.

Someone said that the application will still be in the system? If that's the case then - fantastic!

But on my form i put my UCAS ID instead of my Student ID...
    (I applied at about 9am and my letter with the Student ID arrived at about 1pm the same day.)

I didn't actually realise until i read the letter that i couldn't use my UCAS ID:
    "Do NOT use your UCAS ID!"

BUT, now the form says that you CAN use your UCAS ID! So i'm extremely confused.

I got a confirmation for my first application.

What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for accomodation as well:

1. Johnston Hall
    2. Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell
    3. South House

By the way, I'll be studying as an ERASMUS student at Aberdeen next year (1st semester).

ReputationRep:
    I 've applied for accommodation before using my UCAS ID as i haven't received the pack for the uni. . I think you don't have to resend your application as long as you got a confirmation email. But just for sure send an email and ask. hope i helped

(Original post by KatMizzle)

I applied for my accommodation last monday - before they suspended 'apply online' for a week.

Someone said that the application will still be in the system? If that's the case then - fantastic!

(I applied at about 9am and my letter with the Student ID arrived at about 1pm the same day.)

I didn't actually realise until i read the letter that i couldn't use my UCAS ID:

BUT, now the form says that you CAN use your UCAS ID! So i'm extremely confused.

What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatMizzle)

What should i do?
    Yeah I think you should email them just to double check you don't need to reapply. Use this email address - click. Btw my letter (dated 18th May) doesn't say not to use the UCAS ID.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a few of you have applied for catered, currently the ones on Hillhead are being renovated. I'm currently in Adam Smith and thought you'd like to see what the new Kitchens looked like:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by TheRabbit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I've noticed a few of you have applied for catered, currently the ones on Hillhead are being renovated. I'm currently in Adam Smith and thought you'd like to see what the new Kitchens looked like:
    Spoiler:
    Show

So Adam Smith is catered at the moment? When I booked it said all Hillhead flats are self-catered so they must be changing it to self-catered? Thanks for posting the picture - kitchen looks quite nice. Would you be happy to post a picture of your room?

ReputationRep:
    Are the flats all mixed gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greig_R)

i thinks soo....well u could request to have single sex or mixed on the application form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knack)
    So Adam Smith is catered at the moment? When I booked it said all Hillhead flats are self-catered so they must be changing it to self-catered? Thanks for posting the picture - kitchen looks quite nice. Would you be happy to post a picture of your room?
    Yeah, along with Wavell and Fyfe. I've heard that too but not completely sure with what's going to happen there. It's taken from October to May just to do half the halls. :dontknow: It is really nice compared to what we had before (a sink and mini hob) along with the new bathrooms.

Pretty basic rooms with sink, wardrobe and desk provided but you just add your own touches to make it more homely.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greig_R)
    You can specify, I don't actually know anyone who is in a mixed flat, and in the halls males and females are pretty much split up too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, along with Wavell and Fyfe. I've heard that too but not completely sure with what's going to happen there. It's taken from October to May just to do half the halls. :dontknow: It is really nice compared to what we had before (a sink and mini hob) along with the new bathrooms.

Pretty basic rooms with sink, wardrobe and desk provided but you just add your own touches to make it more homely.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks! I'd put Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell as one of my options without really knowing what to expect so that is helpful. That's quite a while, though I guess with the place being fully occupied it would be quite difficult to do a lot of refurbishment work. The website still says catered!

ReputationRep:
    OK I think I've applied now with these as my choices:

1. NCC (Would like it, but I'm not expecting to get it) £119.48 PW for 40 Weeks
    2. Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell (Heard good things about them on here, new kitchens/bathrooms ect) £90.00 PW for 38 Weeks
    3. Esslemont (The cheap/dingy option, won't be too disappointed if I got this one because i'll have more money to spend on other things) £65.00 PW for 38 Weeks
    4. Hector Boece & Keith (People have said there's not much difference between this and Esslemont so why pay more?) £76.88 PW for 38 Weeks
    5. Crombie Hall - En suite(Catered) (Thought I'd go for something a bit different, I don't want/think I'll get this anyway) £149.04PW for 38 Weeks

ReputationRep:
    Heres my choices...st Choice :
    1st Choice : Hillhead Student Village - Hillhead Self-Catering House (Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell)
    2nd Choice : Hillhead Student Village - Hillhead Self-Catering Flat (Esslemont)
    3rd Choice : Hillhead Student Village - Hillhead Self-Catering Flat (Burnett)
    4th Choice : Hillhead Student Village - Hillhead Self-Catering Flat (Hector Boece & Keith)

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    OK I think I've applied now with these as my choices:

1. NCC (Would like it, but I'm not expecting to get it) £119.48 PW for 40 Weeks
    2. Adam Smith, Fyfe & Wavell (Heard good things about them on here, new kitchens/bathrooms ect) £90.00 PW for 38 Weeks
    3. Esslemont (The cheap/dingy option, won't be too disappointed if I got this one because i'll have more money to spend on other things) £65.00 PW for 38 Weeks
    4. Hector Boece & Keith (People have said there's not much difference between this and Esslemont so why pay more?) £76.88 PW for 38 Weeks
    5. Crombie Hall - En suite(Catered) (Thought I'd go for something a bit different, I don't want/think I'll get this anyway) £149.04PW for 38 Weeks
    I haven't received the accommodation pack.
    I see that the rent has changed since last year. And the Uni site is not updated. Can anyone post the new fees? Please? pretty please?

And also, I can't decide between the cheap ones at Hillhead. What's the difference between Esslemont, Hector Boece, Burnett and Keith house? Are they all 6 room flats with shared kitchen, bathroom and living space? Is there any difference at all? Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demian)
    I haven't received the accommodation pack.
    I see that the rent has changed since last year. And the Uni site is not updated. Can anyone post the new fees? Please? pretty please?

And also, I can't decide between the cheap ones at Hillhead. What's the difference between Esslemont, Hector Boece, Burnett and Keith house? Are they all 6 room flats with shared kitchen, bathroom and living space? Is there any difference at all? Thanks a lot.
    Its not really a pack, you just get a letter saying apply online. It gives you your Student ID number. All the prices I have listed are current from what they said on the 'apply online' section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    Its not really a pack, you just get a letter saying apply online. It gives you your Student ID number. All the prices I have listed are current from what they said on the 'apply online' section.
    Was it meant to be in with the certificate of acceptance? I haven't had it either.

EDIT: I lie, I'm guessing its just the small paragraph in the covering letter which refers to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    Was it meant to be in with the certificate of acceptance? I haven't had it either.

EDIT: I lie, I'm guessing its just the small paragraph in the covering letter which refers to it.
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.