Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    Its not really a pack, you just get a letter saying apply online. It gives you your Student ID number. All the prices I have listed are current from what they said on the 'apply online' section.
    thanks. I guess I'll have to wait for the student ID then and hope that the Uni doesn't run out of cheap places to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demian)
    thanks. I guess I'll have to wait for the student ID then and hope that the Uni doesn't run out of cheap places to stay.
    I forgot to mention, the apply online thing doesnt work with your Student ID. You have to use your UCAS number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    I forgot to mention, the apply online thing doesnt work with your Student ID. You have to use your UCAS number.
    can I apply then just with my UCAS number without having to wait for the student ID?
    oh, then I have to make up my mind on where I want to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    My Student ID worked. I thought it was the UCAS ID that didn't?

ReputationRep:
    can I apply then just with my UCAS number without having to wait for the student ID?
    oh, then I have to make up my mind on where I want to live.
    Yeah. On the letter you get it say don't use it but I rung up the Accom office and they said it was ok.

ReputationRep:
    And also, I can't decide between the cheap ones at Hillhead. What's the difference between Esslemont, Hector Boece, Burnett and Keith house? Are they all 6 room flats with shared kitchen, bathroom and living space? Is there any difference at all? Thanks a lot.
    There is not really a difference, no idea why the rent for Esslemont (65) and Hector Boece/Keith House (76.xx) is different, maybe someone else knows? But there is a difference to Burnett.
    Esslemont, HC and KH are rented for 38 weeks, Burnett is for 50 weeks.

And since the Apply Online form said use your Student ID or UCAS number I just used the UCAS number. It seemed to work, since I got the confirmation email. Didn't want to wait weeks for the letter, who knows how long it needs to arrive in Texas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mischl)
    There is not really a difference, no idea why the rent for Esslemont (65) and Hector Boece/Keith House (76.xx) is different, maybe someone else knows? But there is a difference to Burnett.
    Esslemont, HC and KH are rented for 38 weeks, Burnett is for 50 weeks.

And since the Apply Online form said use your Student ID or UCAS number I just used the UCAS number. It seemed to work, since I got the confirmation email. Didn't want to wait weeks for the letter, who knows how long it needs to arrive in Texas!
    Oh, Texas... nice! :yep:
    Thanks for the info. So it means that they will kick me out after 38 weeks? I'll probably go for the one with the 50 week let. I plan to stay in Aberdeen for the summer, so...
    But I don't know, I can't really decide. What happens after the 38 weeks? Could I find something else? Is it worth it trying to find some private accommodation during the next summer?
    Tough choices

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Texas... nice! :yep:
    Thanks for the info. So it means that they will kick me out after 38 weeks? I'll probably go for the one with the 50 week let. I plan to stay in Aberdeen for the summer, so...
    But I don't know, I can't really decide. What happens after the 38 weeks? Could I find something else? Is it worth it trying to find some private accommodation during the next summer?
    Tough choices
    After the 38 week contract finishes, you will be expected to move out, however there is vacation accommodation that's available and the rates are pretty good. You could look into private let, Aberdeen Gumtree is probably the best place to start for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    After the 38 week contract finishes, you will be expected to move out, however there is vacation accommodation that's available and the rates are pretty good. You could look into private let, Aberdeen Gumtree is probably the best place to start for that.
    I'll definitely go for Uni Accommodation this year. I didn't know about vacation accommodation. I'll have a look. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I applied with my UCAS number.
    1 - Burnett
    2 - Esslemont
    3 - Hector Boece
    4 - Adam Smith
    5 - South House

Re-subscribing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Re-subscribing.
    horay.

ReputationRep:
    Effing marvelous, this accomodation site uni gave us. Everything's out of date and totally wrong. Just great.

ReputationRep:
    I was taking a bit of time out of revising, when I came across this:

http://www.ausa.org.uk/content/page....=153&tl_id=236

Any societies that interest anyone? For me it's:

- Becycle Society (May need to buy bike while I'm up there)
    - Christian Union
    - Conservative & Unionist Society
    - Economics Society
    - Electro Propaganda
    - French Society
    - Malt Whisky Society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    I was taking a bit of time out of revising, when I came across this:

http://www.ausa.org.uk/content/page....=153&tl_id=236

Any societies that interest anyone? For me it's:

- Becycle Society (May need to buy bike while I'm up there)
    - Christian Union
    - Conservative & Unionist Society
    - Economics Society
    - Electro Propaganda
    - French Society
    - Malt Whisky Society

Possibly the Conservative & Unionist Society and the History Society but I'm disappointed about the lack of martial arts (in particular judo) societies- apart from capoeira.

Anyone got any word back on accommodation?

There's not really a great choice of societies. :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry they're not up to your standards. :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    Sorry they're not up to your standards. :eviltongue:
    Up something else of his?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bozhkov)
    Up something else of his?
    huh? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a hockey player so will be hopefully play for a uni team and I'm interested in the medicine societies too, one of the students at thr open day was talking about the wilderness medics which sounded good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.