Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...n=1015202#CSRA

I've just seen the course I applied to has gone up from CCC to BBB. Thats a huge rise in standards from last year. Crazy.

(Original post by ACAC)
    http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...n=1015202#CSRA

I've just seen the course I applied to has gone up from CCC to BBB. Thats a huge rise in standards from last year. Crazy.
    Most ABDN courses have gone up from CCC to BBB.

ReputationRep:
    English is up to BBB as well. Things are looking up for Aberdeen. Still don't know whether to go there though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Most ABDN courses have gone up from CCC to BBB.
    Yep, I see that now. All apart from Medicine, Law and Theology. I don't know whether this is a good thing or bad thing though.

It's the huge rise of applicants causing the demand to go up, and the government cuts in educations resulting in the 'supply' going down.

Things were so much easier last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    It's the huge rise of applicants causing the demand to go up, and the government cuts in educations resulting in the 'supply' going down.

Things were so much easier last year.
    the cuts in education can't explain the rise in required grades. Other scottish universities haven't changed their entry requirements. Aberdeen Uni has been increasingly in high demand over the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demian)
    the cuts in education can't explain the rise in required grades. Other scottish universities haven't changed their entry requirements. Aberdeen Uni has been increasingly in high demand over the last few years.
    Yep, I do know why they have gone up, but I'm just shocked they went up so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demian)
    It's bound to be one of the reasons, no? Other Scottish Unis have higher entry requirements anyway.. I think.

ReputationRep:
    If these future cuts in education would decrease the overall quality of education in the UK, the minimum entry grade requirements would decrease as well. Universities in UK also compete with other universities in the EU (besides competing among themselves). So in order to have a regular 'supply' of students they must offer either quality education or lower entry requirements.
    To cut it short, I think that Aberdeen Uni might take a different approach towards student selection in the future and that's why it's demanding higher grades.
    They've had unusually low entry requirements anyway. Perhaps they are aiming at a higher place in Top Uni charts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabriskham)
    Yip I am, Rm 55D NCC
    Anyone else got their room number at NCC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabriskham)
    Anyone else got their room number at NCC?
    Yep, 62A .

ReputationRep:
    I got mine in on Friday!I'm in 99A

ReputationRep:
    room DG 003 crombie!

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot I had to reply to my offer by June 7 and just confirmed it about ten minutes ago, which means I actually replied on the 8th. I logged out and back into track however and it said that my place was confirmed. I think I will phone Aberdeen in the morning anyway just to make sure. I can't believe I did that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judicious)
    How easy is it to get private accommodation in August?

Also, what are the arrangements for people going into 3rd year directly e.g. getting shown around, induction, IT arrangements etc

Hey!
    I was a direct 2nd year entrant, and the basis is the same. During freshers week, you will have a list of optional and mandatory things to do, some only for direct entrants which goes over the IT arrangements, tours of the buildings and everything else. What you going to be studying?

Sorry, I've no idea for accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    im 5A in new carneige court!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my accomadation in, im in esslemont!?! WTH?? Oh well can't exactly complain, suppose i won't be there that much :P So whats everyone else in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Hey!
    I was a direct 2nd year entrant, and the basis is the same. During freshers week, you will have a list of optional and mandatory things to do, some only for direct entrants which goes over the IT arrangements, tours of the buildings and everything else. What you going to be studying?

Sorry, I've no idea for accommodation.

Hey, thanks for your answer

That is good to know cos I was getting a bit worried about the whole induction thing. So will they send a letter/e-mail in due course?

I'm gonna be studying Management Studies, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an accommodation offer for Johnston Hall. Anyone else going there?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!!

there me too ...don't know which room i have though :/

(Original post by !Marilyn!)
    I just got my accomadation in, im in esslemont!?! WTH?? Oh well can't exactly complain, suppose i won't be there that much :P So whats everyone else in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.