Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia_287)
    Hey guys,
    Got my accommadation back and I am in Adam Smith...I don't undersdtand if it is catered or not? Any help?
    I was in AS this year, and it is becoming self-catered for next. The set up is great and allows everyone to mix well. What room will you be in?

ReputationRep:
    It says F17, whcih again made me worry that it was just a room by itself?? Do you know how many people are in these flats?? Actually please may you give me as much info as possible??

ReputationRep:
    It says F17, whcih again made me worry that it was just a room by itself?? Do you know how many people are in these flats?? Actually please may you give me as much info as possible??
    Nope, all rooms are off a long corridor and you wont be alone; plenty neighbours nextdoor and opposite you. It's not flats, you have you're own room with sink and at the end of each floor there are kitchens and bathrooms in which about 12 people will share.

Ask anything you want, I'll be happy to try and answer. Did you see the pictures of the new self-catered facilities I posted?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh ok I understand. That semms quite cool, lots and lots of people, no I havn't seen the pictures!!! How big are the beds..lol? As in would I be better with a double or single cover?? How should I decorate/!!!! Is it niiice?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have just thought of a better question then how big a dovet I should bring...is there a communal space for pre-drinks?? I guess the kitchen?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh ok I understand. That semms quite cool, lots and lots of people, no I havn't seen the pictures!!! How big are the beds..lol? As in would I be better with a double or single cover?? How should I decorate/!!!! Is it niiice?
    Sadly, only single beds which are rather small. I took a double bed cover but that was a personal choice and all my beds at home are double. When you first see the place it's not the best tbh, as it's empty and not made your own yet. I took my own curtains, rug, cushions to make it more my own personal space.

Pictures; sorry they're a bit big. :o:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have just thought of a better question then how big a dovet I should bring...is there a communal space for pre-drinks?? I guess the kitchen?
    We have a tv lounge that got used for that usually, with 42" plasma with freeview and comfy sofas. Or in the kitchens or just peoples rooms. Also, on Hillhead there is a bar called the Watering Hole wgich is popular before heading into town.

ReputationRep:
    Owww Brillaint thank you so, so much! Your room look gorgeous, I will have to make a massive Ikea trick in the next few weeks! And the kitchen and stuff looks good!! Actually, I am really pleased that it is like this becuase I guess your own room is really private but its v social friendly! Lol, I think I will bring a huge dovet just for extra snuggling!

What is it like sharing a bathroom with so many people?? Also is it a mix of boys and girls on each corridoor??

Sorry for asking so many questions!

ReputationRep:
    Owww Brillaint thank you so, so much! Your room look gorgeous, I will have to make a massive Ikea trick in the next few weeks! And the kitchen and stuff looks good!! Actually, I am really pleased that it is like this becuase I guess your own room is really private but its v social friendly! Lol, I think I will bring a huge dovet just for extra snuggling!

What is it like sharing a bathroom with so many people?? Also is it a mix of boys and girls on each corridoor??

Sorry for asking so many questions!
    Bathroom sharing hasn't been a problem in terms of availability of facilities; always been able to get a shower when wanted. You'll have new ones too which are so much nicer than before. Ground floor is all boys, then there is the first (your floor), second and thrid which are mixed but the boys are at one half, while the girls are at the other.

I don't mind you asking.

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to be residing in Adam Smith?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in F9 in AS house next year, need to practise my cooking a bit more before September :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I'm in F9 in AS house next year, need to practise my cooking a bit more before September :p:
    You're in my friend's room.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Sorry for being away for a while haha.

Just a quick question, be great if someone can help.

Although I'm sure you can't apply for accommodation at your insurance, I've heard that Aberdeen let you apply regardless :confused:

I can't see how they would but if anyone can let us know, and how to go about it if it's the case, i'll send some rep (the little power i have) your way.

Cheers! :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to withraw from my firm offer for English. I hope I'm making the right decision.

ReputationRep:
    I just got update on my offer - now I belong among the unconditionals Any ideas how to proceed with my accommodation application? I mean, I sent it a while back, should I do anything except wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metro2610)
    Hey! Sorry for being away for a while haha.

Just a quick question, be great if someone can help.

Although I'm sure you can't apply for accommodation at your insurance, I've heard that Aberdeen let you apply regardless :confused:

I can't see how they would but if anyone can let us know, and how to go about it if it's the case, i'll send some rep (the little power i have) your way.

Cheers! :wink2:
    I emailed them as I'm in the same position and they said we can't apply for accommodation, if we miss our firm offers it'll get sorted out on results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I emailed them as I'm in the same position and they said we can't apply for accommodation, if we miss our firm offers it'll get sorted out on results day.
    Nice one! Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! Thanks a lot
    No worries! You worried about missing the Glasgow offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    No worries! You worried about missing the Glasgow offer?
    Yeah it's in the back of my mind all the time recently...

I'm hoping (unlikely as it is) that if I get ABBB, they'd see 4 A-levels and be a bit lenient, but I can't call it.

Don't get me wrong, Aberdeen's a top uni but would just much prefer Glasgow :o:

How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's in the back of my mind all the time recently...

I'm hoping (unlikely as it is) that if I get ABBB, they'd see 4 A-levels and be a bit lenient, but I can't call it.

Don't get me wrong, Aberdeen's a top uni but would just much prefer Glasgow :o:

How are you feeling about it?
    Exactly the same really. Doing 4 A-levels, and I'm fairly certain I've got at least ABBB and I should have got more than that but I'm worried that I haven't. I'm thinking they might be more lenient as a) I've got 4 A-levels and b) last year the entry requirements were ABB. They only raised them to AAB for our year. With ABB I'd have no worries and while I really should get that second A, after the English exam/history coursework I just can't be sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.