Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Exactly the same really. Doing 4 A-levels, and I'm fairly certain I've got at least ABBB and I should have got more than that but I'm worried that I haven't. I'm thinking they might be more lenient as a) I've got 4 A-levels and b) last year the entry requirements were ABB. They only raised them to AAB for our year. With ABB I'd have no worries and while I really should get that second A, after the English exam/history coursework I just can't be sure.
    Yeah that's the same with me

If I got the second A, it wouldn't be far into the grade boundary. It was always going to be a risk after last year's results. I know what you mean about the entry requirements only rising this year etc though so hopefully, we'll be fine.

See what happens come August eh? Good luck! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metro2610)
    Yeah that's the same with me

If I got the second A, it wouldn't be far into the grade boundary. It was always going to be a risk after last year's results. I know what you mean about the entry requirements only rising this year etc though so hopefully, we'll be fine.

See what happens come August eh? Good luck! :grin:
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)
    Hey, anyone else in Hector?
    I'm in Hector too

ReputationRep:
    just called the accommodation department to have my offer changed. I wonder how long it is gona take them to do that

ReputationRep:
    Bye Bye Aberdeen. I withdrew my firm offer today, not without a lot of regret though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloved_hand)
    Bye Bye Aberdeen. I withdrew my firm offer today, not without a lot of regret though.
    Why may i ask?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACAC)
    Why may i ask?
    I saw that Sussex had places available for English, my course obviously, and after thinking really long and hard decided that I liked the course at Sussex enough to withdraw and give it a go. I quite liked the Aberdeen course and especially liked the city, but the approach at Sussex really appeals to me and the department there has a reputation of leading the way in many areas of literary studies. It's a shame though because when I went to visit Aberdeen I had a great time in the city and met some really nice people and visited some pretty cool bars.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that Sussex had places available for English, my course obviously, and after thinking really long and hard decided that I liked the course at Sussex enough to withdraw and give it a go. I quite liked the Aberdeen course and especially liked the city, but the approach at Sussex really appeals to me and the department there has a reputation of leading the way in many areas of literary studies. It's a shame though because when I went to visit Aberdeen I had a great time in the city and met some really nice people and visited some pretty cool bars.
    Fair enough, good luck at Sussex, try not to turn gay in Brighton though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinary)
    I'm in Hector too
    Hey You're the only other person that i'v seen so far that's in Hector. I'm in 252C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkie is Elsewhere)
    Hey You're the only other person that i'v seen so far that's in Hector. I'm in 252C
    I haven't learned my room number yet. Maybe, we can be neighbours

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! New to TSR. Anyone moving into South House? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddellio)
    Hey everyone! New to TSR. Anyone moving into South House? x
    Not me, but there has been a few people saying they are. Have a look through this and the other threads

Welcome btw.

ReputationRep:
    I sent both my grades and the award notice I got from SAAS to the university. It now says on the applicant portal that I got an unconditional offer(yaay ) but it still says information on Funding Provider to be determined. Why is that? Is there something else I should send them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fridaystan)
    I sent both my grades and the award notice I got from SAAS to the university. It now says on the applicant portal that I got an unconditional offer(yaay ) but it still says information on Funding Provider to be determined. Why is that? Is there something else I should send them?
    We have to send them the award notice? I haven't done so, neither read about it. With what purpose?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't sent either of these things. Where does it say to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bozhkov)
    We have to send them the award notice? I haven't done so, neither read about it. With what purpose?
    I don't know if we have to. I just included it in the letter I sent to them because
    it says on the applicant portal that information on Funding Provider is to to be determined. I thought that might be the information they needed. I don't know if it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    I haven't sent either of these things. Where does it say to do this?
    I sent the grades to show that I have met the conditions of my offer, so my offer now is unconditional instead of conditional. It doesn't say anywere that I should send the other thing, maybe I shouldn't have done that, I don't know:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I sent the grades to show that I have met the conditions of my offer, so my offer now is unconditional instead of conditional. It doesn't say anywere that I should send the other thing, maybe I shouldn't have done that, I don't know:dontknow:
    Oh right, thanks. Mine was already unconditional so I suppose maybe I'm different.
    Reading your reply to bozhkov's question you say it says something about your funding provider on the applicant portal. Where does it say this about? I can see anything like that on mine. Maybe it is because you're an international...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Oh right, thanks. Mine was already unconditional so I suppose maybe I'm different.
    Reading your reply to bozhkov's question you say it says something about your funding provider on the applicant portal. Where does it say this about? I can see anything like that on mine. Maybe it is because you're an international...
    Yeah, probably. The founding provider thing is next to the lights under were it says the name of my course. But as you said, it might be because I'm international

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.