The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

faldarell
If it helps you, the whole "funding provider needs to be determined"-line just disappeared after I got the information that the SAAS is going to pay the tuition fees but it happend about one or two month after I got the letter. I didn't send anything to the University btw.

Oh, good. Then I don't need to worry about that, thanks :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 1001
Okay, I need some advise.

I am currently in the United States (for another six weeks) and this address is the one I put in my UCAS as my postal address since I applied there.
When I applied for SAAS I put in my home address in Germany because it was okay to be sent there, nothing that my mom (who can't speak a word of English) would need to understand and nothing I wanted to be lost while moving out or ony my way back home.

Now they did sent my accomodation offer to my address in Germany, where I am not going to be for another 6 weeks... No way to sign a contract.
I really don't know why they used the postal address they always used before and that I didn't changed in UCAS...

Another problem: They located me in Adam Smith House, which I am not going to be able to afford after receiving some information about my Germany student loan.
My first choice was Esslemont and I applied at the first possible day when the applications opened.

I just wrote them an email, but I assume it's going to take them till tomorrow to answer it, and I am just soo nervous right now!
Does anyone have an idea if it is possible to be relocated (for the reason of not going to be able to afford the offer I was given)?
Got an email from my Mum (I'm away on holiday) saying I have been awarded a Merit Scholarship, anyone else get one? It was a complete surprise, I only filled out the application because my guidance teacher suggested. :woo:
Reply 1003
TheRabbit
Got an email from my Mum (I'm away on holiday) saying I have been awarded a Merit Scholarship, anyone else get one? It was a complete surprise, I only filled out the application because my guidance teacher suggested. :woo:

Congrats on that :smile:
Reply 1004
wats that?
Reply 1005
WhereIsMyMind
We're really, REALLY close.

awesome! where are u?
Tianamin
awesome! where are u?

Inside you. :sexface:
bozhkov
Congrats on that :smile:

Reply 1008
How about the conditions of Adam Smith House rooms?
didi89
How about the conditions of Adam Smith House rooms?

At first I found it a bit of a shock as it's just an empty shell, with bed, wardrobe, sink and desk in which are older and have been well used. It's in pretty good condition compared to some of the places, and the room itself is actually a decent size, plus when you move in and make it your own, it becomes a heck of a lot nicer. :smile: There's pictures of the AS rooms floating about these threads if you do a search for them, you'll get a general idea. Probably heard that the place has been renovated and converted into self-catered halls so the bathroom/kitchen facilities are all new, and the windows in the rooms have also been replaced.
Reply 1010
Thanks rosie, it was really helpful.
I think, Adam Smith House is better than some other Hillhead residences. At least, new bathrooms and kitchens made me happy:smile:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a conditional changed to unconditional (or get any response) after sending exam results to the uni?
didi89
Thanks rosie, it was really helpful.
I think, Adam Smith House is better than some other Hillhead residences. At least, new bathrooms and kitchens made me happy:smile:

I THINK, i'm in Adam Smith...

But i'm not sure, how stupid is that - I can't even remember where i'll be staying, but yeah accepted some accodation offer, and pretty sure it was Adam Smith, not 100% lol :rolleyes: ......

Great. :p:
milusia
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a conditional changed to unconditional (or get any response) after sending exam results to the uni?

Your exam results will be automatically sent to the university and proccessed immediately... Basically, on the day you recieve your results.

:smile: Unless ofcourse you don't meet conditions, then its all 'maybe....' :smile:
Reply 1014
RamocitoMorales
Inside you. :sexface:

LOL :rofl: nice!
Reply 1015
:)ItsAllGood
Your exam results will be automatically sent to the university and proccessed immediately... Basically, on the day you recieve your results.

:smile: Unless ofcourse you don't meet conditions, then its all 'maybe....' :smile:

For us international students it's not like that - we have to send our results. I sent mine on Fridaya couple weeks ago and my offer was changed on Monday, so I guess it was pretty quick :smile:
bozhkov
For us international students it's not like that - we have to send our results. I sent mine on Fridaya couple weeks ago and my offer was changed on Monday, so I guess it was pretty quick :smile:

Exactly. I've sent mine this Tuesday, so I guess I need to wait a bit longer :smile:
hey im not sure if i returned the accommodation contract within 7 days. Did anyone get a confirmation that it was received as i have not had anything and its been a week.

thanks
Reply 1018
hey, I didn't get any confirmation.
Reply 1019
Hi everyone :smile: I'm starting English and International Relations this September at the Uni of Aberdeen.

Latest

Trending

Trending