Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    i havnt got my welcome pack information stuff yet!!! ;( i know pp who are goin to aberdeen and they have got theres! anyone else in the same situation??
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    i havnt got my welcome pack information stuff yet!!! ;( i know pp who are goin to aberdeen and they have got theres! anyone else in the same situation??
    I'm still waiting for it too mate.

Still plenty time so no need to worry. If it's not here in a couple of weeks then it's probably time to phone them.

ReputationRep:
    for Adam Smith room number starts with T means that top floor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didi89)
    I think it is third floor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didi89)
    Yes.
    G = ground, F = first floor, S = second and T = top/third

ReputationRep:
    I'm G23 at Wavell, I hope it doesn't mean Ground floor. I thought it'd be like, G is the room in the flat and 23 for example would be the flat number? That's just my wishful thinking though, I really don't want to be on the ground floor.

ReputationRep:
    starting to get nervous now, i haven't got a welcome pack or accommodation confirmation!
    anyone doing pharmacology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorro1992)
    I'm G23 at Wavell, I hope it doesn't mean Ground floor. I thought it'd be like, G is the room in the flat and 23 for example would be the flat number? That's just my wishful thinking though, I really don't want to be on the ground floor.
    Oh, there's no flats. It's all single rooms off corridors. So you are on the ground floor, which is boys only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Oh, there's no flats. It's all single rooms off corridors. So you are on the ground floor, which is boys only.
    I've read that houses with self catering have flats. Are you sure that there are no flats? And if that is right, how many students share a kitchen/bathrooms? What about Top Floor - is it mixed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DianaM)
    I've read that houses with self catering have flats. Are you sure that there are no flats? And if that is right, how many students share a kitchen/bathrooms? What about Top Floor - is it mixed?
    Because Adam Smith/Fyfe/Wavell used to be catering, they're still laid out the same - it would be a bit difficult to convert them to flats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two)
    Because Adam Smith/Fyfe/Wavell used to be catering, they're still laid out the same - it would be a bit difficult to convert them to flats
    But it would be nice) (just joking)
    I wish I could share bathroom or kitchen with just a few people - it would have been easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DianaM)
    Yeah, like what above said about the houses being converted this year - I think it will work really well, plus it's actually a lot more social when the individual flats. There's probably going to be around 10 people using the facilities; that sounds like a lot but during my whole year there, didn't actually have to wait to get showered etc. There's one larger kitchen area, and two smaller ones which used to be bedrooms on each half. The rest of the floors are mixed, but still pretty much split so females are at one side and males the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the world spins madly on.)
    starting to get nervous now, i haven't got a welcome pack or accommodation confirmation!
    anyone doing pharmacology?
    im doing biomedical science (pharmacology)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bozhkov)
    Yeah, I'm in the same situation, and also in Hector Boece My room is 298F
    im there in 253 or something

ReputationRep:
    So who's a party animal??? That's who I'm looking for! Someone to boogie with haha xx

ReputationRep:
    Gutted I'll be in a corridor the whole year haha! Oh well, I'll just go and live with my mates in NCC or Crombie! hahaha

So how do they do the kitchens etc? How do you organise food etc for everyone because I take it people aren't going to be open to the idea of sharing the food which they've gone out and bought with like 20 odd people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amasulter)
    So who's a party animal??? That's who I'm looking for! Someone to boogie with haha xx
    im irish, and am considered absolutely mental in comparison with you scots low amount of partying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorro1992)
    Gutted I'll be in a corridor the whole year haha! Oh well, I'll just go and live with my mates in NCC or Crombie! hahaha

So how do they do the kitchens etc? How do you organise food etc for everyone because I take it people aren't going to be open to the idea of sharing the food which they've gone out and bought with like 20 odd people?
    Even if you were in a flat I doubt you'd be sharing food with everyone apart from perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday

ReputationRep:
    Just speaking about SAAS eleswhere, and it's reminded me that the uni will ask for a deposit for accommodation before moving in. So heads up for that if you don't already know! For AS last year it was £200, but you get it back at the end of the year if no damage is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbybarnyard)
    im doing biomedical science (pharmacology)
    ah yay! that's cool, i was hoping to find someone i knew before i went
    where are you from?
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.