Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexterry)
    I'm applying for JH Philo and it took them 3 weeks to send me an acknowledgement.
    Yeah, I got an acknowledgement at the weekend

Can't wait for an actual offer. Of course, that's assuming I get one, but I'm fairly confident.

ReputationRep:
    gimmie an offer already jeez.

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody planning on going to Aberdeen that isn't from Scotland? By the way, I'm not saying this because I don't like Scottish people. I may feel a bit intimidated if everyone is Scottish and there are no English people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying, I don't know whether I'll go there, it's unlikely to be my firm but fairly likely to be my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    Is anybody planning on going to Aberdeen that isn't from Scotland? By the way, I'm not saying this because I don't like Scottish people. I may feel a bit intimidated if everyone is Scottish and there are no English people.
    Why? It's not like anybody's gonna give a toss where you're from, you'll find that at uni. Aberdeen has folk from literally everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get at Cambridge I guess I will choose Aberdeen! I really love the city even if I've never been there haha. ;D
    Also, some friends from my class plan to go to Aberdeen as well. And we really wanna get some offers!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was suprised that how many International and English students we have, during freshers people were like 'you're the first Scottish person I've spoken too!' :p: Don't worry about it, you wont be the only one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I was suprised that how many International and English students we have, during freshers people were like 'you're the first Scottish person I've spoken too!' :p: Don't worry about it, you wont be the only one!
    That sounds awful. I'm all for a mix of folk but I want some fellow Aberdonians as well. Just tae talk aboot local stuff, ken?

ReputationRep:
    Think im going to apply for Aberdeen to do either:

Bsc(hons) - Physiology
    or
    Bsc(hons) - Anatomy

would love to do both in a joint honours but i think dundee is the only place to offer that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1991)
    That sounds awful. I'm all for a mix of folk but I want some fellow Aberdonians as well. Just tae talk aboot local stuff, ken?
    Haha...mind you that was only the second day in! :p: You'll meet people from all over the world there which is pretty awesome..and of course some local doric speakers (eventhough people tend to use proper English)!

I'm not from Scotland and I've applied!

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, what has made you guy's apply to Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, what has made you guy's apply to Aberdeen?
    High rankings, low entry requirements, the fact I like Scotland, the fact I don't like the south of England.

Nah f**k that, it's all because David Attenborough hangs out in Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    High rankings, low entry requirements, the fact I like Scotland, the fact I don't like the south of England.

Nah f**k that, it's all because David Attenborough hangs out in Aberdeen.
    Ace! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Ace! What are you applying for?
    Philosophy & Linguistics
    I think its called Philosophy, Linguistics and English Language at Abz though

Whats your excuse ?

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy & Linguistics
    I think its called Philosophy, Linguistics and English Language at Abz though

Whats your excuse ?
    I'm a Geography student in Aberdeen already.
    So if you have an questions about the uni etc. I'll be happy to answer, well try too at least!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Geography student in Aberdeen already.
    So if you have an questions about the uni etc. I'll be happy to answer, well try too at least!
    haha thanks
    I may take you up on that :awesome:
    What made you want go to Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    awesome, good stuff. I'm applying because of the low entry grades aswell and it's far away from Birmingham.

Only problem is i've heard that the city centre is a bit of a dump. Can anyone that's been/lives/studies there tell me different? I hope it's not because i'm looking forward to going now.

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks
    I may take you up on that :awesome:
    What made you want go to Aberdeen?
    Not's not too far away from home so get get back easy every now and again but it's far enough to gain independence. After a visit and sitting in on a lecture I liked the teaching styles and the classes weren't too big, plus the lecturers seemed helpful. Most importantly, the course seemed right and the modules and options available were good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.