Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I e-registered, but apparently I have to bring £910 on the day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    whats the point in e-regsitering... like i thought we register on the day.. didnt see the point me

and 910.. what for?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Did you make sure your SAAS details were entered correctly? for the funding of the tuition fees etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luigistar)
    whats the point in e-regsitering... like i thought we register on the day.. didnt see the point me
    You need to do it to have access to the university computer system, plus it's a effective way to make sure your details are correct before starting, especially with the finances. It also saves you having to wait in ques to get access to the computers when possible thousands of people could be doing the same, something less to do on a semi-stressful move in day. Just have to pick up your ID cards and keys this way.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh, I have a feeling I'm going to have to call and change the SAAS details. I'm so bad at this.

ReputationRep:
    ive received some stuff from aberdeen but im not sure if it is a joining pack, what is in a joining pack?

ReputationRep:
    i live just outside aberdeen, 17 miles to be exact and you WOULD think i would of got my welcome pack but nope, havnt recieved it yet

one of my friends whos goin to aberdeen (medicine) got theres 2 weeks ago!

i phoned them and they SAID they're still sending them out and everyone should get them this week! ha we'll see!

btw i am doin law and my other friend who is doin law hasnt got their pack and we were speculating that it was a subject prefernece conspiracy or something like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law92)
    i live just outside aberdeen, 17 miles to be exact and you WOULD think i would of got my welcome pack but nope, havnt recieved it yet

one of my friends whos goin to aberdeen (medicine) got theres 2 weeks ago!

i phoned them and they SAID they're still sending them out and everyone should get them this week! ha we'll see!

btw i am doin law and my other friend who is doin law hasnt got their pack and we were speculating that it was a subject prefernece conspiracy or something like that!
    This week?

So today (Friday) or tomorrow then....

I have a feeling they're running late but tbh as long as I get it a few days before 20th September then I'm not too fussed!

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm confused. Still haven't got the pack yet and now I'm not sure if it's because I'll get one when I arrive to Abdn or because they're running late. I hate this.

ReputationRep:
    milusia, where are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is the welcome pack?
    i got my certificate of acceptance the day of results... is that the welcome pack?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got the welcome pack, not very welcoming. It's a little book on Freshers and a letter talking about e-registering and telling you your course advisor.

ReputationRep:
    are you meant to get a reading list in with the welcome pack? or do we get that later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the world spins madly on.)
    are you meant to get a reading list in with the welcome pack? or do we get that later?
    Someone said that http://www.autextbooks.com is the place to find what you need... but i dont trust it.. haha..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luigistar)
    Someone said that http://www.autextbooks.com is the place to find what you need... but i dont trust it.. haha..
    that looks too good to be true! what're you studying? (: i just got my welcome pack this morning; it wasn't the most welcoming i have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbybarnyard)
    Aww wicked thats a far way to go isnt it:P
    um yeah im in hector boece in 253c and i havent heard nice things about it :P
    yea it's agessss, like a 5 hour drive i think! oh god, is hector boece bad? don't worry, pop round mine for a brew if your accommodation is a hell hole

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Medic so probably got different stuff in my welcome pack to you but I found something which directed me to Blackwells for the reading list, it looked like other subjects used it too.

www.readinglists.co.uk then follow the options for students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I'm a Medic so probably got different stuff in my welcome pack to you but I found something which directed me to Blackwells for the reading list, it looked like other subjects used it too.

www.readinglists.co.uk then follow the options for students
    oh cool, thanks! i'll have a look, i'm doing pharmacology so it's probably similar in parts anyway where are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    oh cool, thanks! i'll have a look, i'm doing pharmacology so it's probably similar in parts anyway where are you staying?
    I'm in room F9, Adam Smith House - where are you staying?

Two of our background reading books are Pharmacology
    ISBN: 9781405181976 - Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
    Michael J. Neal

ISBN: 9780443069116 - Rang and Dale's Pharmacology

Have you had your welcome pack? Since presumably pharmacology has a booklist somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I'm in room F9, Adam Smith House - where are you staying?

Two of our background reading books are Pharmacology
    ISBN: 9781405181976 - Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
    Michael J. Neal

ISBN: 9780443069116 - Rang and Dale's Pharmacology

Have you had your welcome pack? Since presumably pharmacology has a booklist somewhere?
    i'm in the mealmarket exchange, 107c. i got my welcome pack this morning, just had a quick flick through it so there's hopefully something resembling a booklist in there somewhere! thanks for those ones though, i might get them anyway

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.