The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

I haven't got a welcome pack but a welcome e-mail. Basically just the appointment with my advisor and instructions to complete the e-registration. No freshers stuff at all.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
DianaM
I received a letter in which I had some information for eRegistration and my appointment with the advisor of studies and a brochure about induction & freshers week. But no freshers wristband or brochure from nighclubs... So what have we received?

Thats your welcome pack, I got one a few weeks ago and recieved the AUSA freshers pack this yesterday.

It sucks being 17, Korova and Liquid (2 of the 3 official freshers bar/clubs) are over 18s only
DianaM
I received a letter in which I had some information for eRegistration and my appointment with the advisor of studies and a brochure about induction & freshers week. But no freshers wristband or brochure from nighclubs... So what have we received?

I haven't had the letter yet...Although I checked my student portal yesterday and it now has the appointment with my advisor.

Two days ago I received lots of brochures, map, freshers booklet and a freshers wristband from AUSA.
judicious
I haven't had the letter yet...Although I checked my student portal yesterday and it now has the appointment with my advisor.

Two days ago I received lots of brochures, map, freshers booklet and a freshers wristband from AUSA.

A wristband? I got something different from that I think... It was longer like it goes around you neck or something.
moonshine_1991
A wristband? I got something different from that I think... It was longer like it goes around you neck or something.

Yeah, I got that too... a purple thing that goes around your neck but apart from that there was a blue paper wristband which you wear for discounts apparently!
judicious
Yeah, I got that too... a purple thing that goes around your neck but apart from that there was a blue paper wristband which you wear for discounts apparently!

I didn't get the wristband...:rolleyes:
moonshine_1991
I didn't get the wristband...:rolleyes:

Look carefully through the booklet and the brochures because mine was stuffed in the middle of all the stuff....

Don't think it's that important tbh! You can have mine if you like :p:

I'm just getting annoyed about not receiving the stupid letter which lets me know about the meeting etc. :mad:
I got the letter with the meeting, but not this wristband package. Sigh.
Colonel Brusnahan
I got the letter with the meeting, but not this wristband package. Sigh.

They seem to be incapable of sending both out to one person.

Fandans! :mad:
no problems here.
TheRabbit
Thats your welcome pack, I got one a few weeks ago and recieved the AUSA freshers pack this yesterday.

It sucks being 17, Korova and Liquid (2 of the 3 official freshers bar/clubs) are over 18s only

Im in the same boat not good at all!
mikeygreig17

17 and at uni, doscottish students start early than english students :s-smilie: haha x
Scottish students start earlier, yeah. It's why some students from England get the option to skip first year at Aberdeen.
mikeygreig17

We can hang out at JPs, it looks like they are okay with under 18s! :p:

At least its only 4 months until I'm 18, if I went from 5th year it would have been 16 months!
Colonel Brusnahan
Scottish students start earlier, yeah. It's why some students from England get the option to skip first year at Aberdeen.

ahh thats cool...

Im so petrified of going to Aberdeen... 400 miles from where i live :O.. I won't know a soul aha!
People in Scotland can also choose to do second year entry if they have sat AHs in S6.

The age thing is partly since we can start school earlier, I think? Since I started school when I was 4 due to a January birthday I am still 17 after finishing school, but you have to be 5 or turning 5 during the first term to start in England so most people are 18.

I get a bit confused though, we have 13 years of school whereas in England/Wales you go up to Year 13 but start in Reception, so I don't know if this means they have an extra year of school?
Yeah, we have 14 years if you count reception.

luigistar
ahh thats cool...

Im so petrified of going to Aberdeen... 400 miles from where i live :O.. I won't know a soul aha!

I'm bricking it too.
TheRabbit
We can hang out at JPs, it looks like they are okay with under 18s! :p:

At least its only 4 months until I'm 18, if I went from 5th year it would have been 16 months!

Yeah i know lol or find some flat party to go to:P!
Quite gutted thought because pritchard and dainton, and hed kandi etc are all playing liquid or korova

Just have to make up for it when we turn 18 haha :P:
Reply 1238
TheRabbit
People in Scotland can also choose to do second year entry if they have sat AHs in S6.

The age thing is partly since we can start school earlier, I think? Since I started school when I was 4 due to a January birthday I am still 17 after finishing school, but you have to be 5 or turning 5 during the first term to start in England so most people are 18.

I get a bit confused though, we have 13 years of school whereas in England/Wales you go up to Year 13 but start in Reception, so I don't know if this means they have an extra year of school?

Hi! In Romania most of the children go to school at 7. Here, 10 years of study are compulsory and highschool ends on 12th grade. So, I'm 19 and starting Uni, but there are people that are 20...
Regarding the age issue... I started Uni when I was 17 because I went to Uni after finishing 5th year!

Also, glad to tell you that I've finally received my 'welcome' letter so all that is left now is to organise accommodation :teehee:

Latest

Trending

Trending