Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucebo)
    I've emailed to the ERASMUS Unit, and they said that they have posted the intro packs, but I haven't received one either.
    I received an envelope containing a guide for incoming students and i'll be a foreigner in scotland too. is this what you call intro pack?

ReputationRep:
    What courses is everyone planning on taking?

Does Aberdeen University have a gym? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Does Aberdeen University have a gym? :dontknow:
    There is, but it's part of the Sports Village so also available to the public. It's brand new, so has great facilities and Aberdeen students get discounted membership and fees.

ReputationRep:
    Thank ****, I need a gym.

(Original post by rosie9391)
    There is, but it's part of the Sports Village so also available to the public. It's brand new, so has great facilities and Aberdeen students get discounted membership and fees.
    Do you know how much it costs? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how much it costs? :holmes:
    It tellls you on that site, i.e 9 month Off Peak Health & Fitness membership at £99 which is only available until the end of october. Then there's the other options: http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com...ship/students/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by educs)
    I received an envelope containing a guide for incoming students and i'll be a foreigner in scotland too. is this what you call intro pack?

Yeah, still haven't received anything. So, I probably won't get it. Is it exactly the same as the one online?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ah oke, no real need to go after it then.

Thanks for the info.

It tellls you on that site, i.e 9 month Off Peak Health & Fitness membership at £99 which is only available until the end of october. Then there's the other options: http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com...ship/students/
    That's a bloody rip off! How am I supposed to be able to afford that as a student? At Glasgow, it only cost £30 for the year. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    WOW.

ReputationRep:
    That's a bloody rip off! How am I supposed to be able to afford that as a student? At Glasgow, it only cost £30 for the year. :rant:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    WOW
    It's not that bad, especially as it is pretty much brand new. Right now I pay £33 per month so compared to that it is a bargain :p: .

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Right now I pay £33 per month so compared to that it is a bargain :p: .
    I...I...:puke:

One of the (many) reasons I was looking forward to going university was the 'fact' that I'd be able to work out in the gym at student prices. So not only will I be paying over £100 a week on crappy accommodation, I'll also be being ripped off by the gym as well. What next I wonder? Marshmallows a tenner each?!

And the ***** say that London's expensive. **** me, Aberdeen really is the ******* Dubai of Europe! :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, to me that's not worth the money. :p: You can do one off payments, but if you plan on using it often enough to get your moneys worth, you'd be better off with that.

EDIT: I've found Aberdeen to be quite an expensive place to live, especially accommondation wise. And being the oil capital of Europe isn't helping matters.

ReputationRep:
    I...I...

One of the (many) reasons I was looking forward to going university was the 'fact' that I'd be able to work out in the gym at student prices. So not only will I be paying over £100 a week on crappy accommodation, I'll also be being ripped off by the gym as well. What next I wonder? Marshmallows a tenner each?!

And the ***** say that London's expensive. **** me, Aberdeen really is the ******* Dubai of Europe!
    simmer down, its only a tenner a month.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are so whiny!! The way it works out its like £10 a month, and the gym and also all the facilities are also BRAND NEW and state of the art, I've been inside the facility and its really nice and good quality, and that price I believe gives you access to everything, theres other prices too and other options that cost less.

also my accomodation is £65 a week which is one of the cheapest I've come across, Aberdeen isn't expensive if you're willing to man up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikukaede)
    You guys are so whiny!! The way it works out its like £10 a month, and the gym and also all the facilities are also BRAND NEW and state of the art, I've been inside the facility and its really nice and good quality, and that price I believe gives you access to everything, theres other prices too and other options that cost less.

also my accomodation is £65 a week which is one of the cheapest I've come across, Aberdeen isn't expensive if you're willing to man up!!
    Yup. I agree. Don't know what others think they should pay, but the prices are fine, after being to see the stuff on offer.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment im paying about £25 a month for my gym membership and after seeing the sports village at the open day, and the fact i love going to the gym haha i find the £10 a month quite a bargain!

ReputationRep:
    £10 a month is ******* doable, despite accommodation being ridiculous on a ridiculously long contract.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.