Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Don't particularly fancy going on my own though :o: .
    Terrifying as it may be, I met my best friend that way. She was living in Spring Gardens, in one of the studios, and hadn't met anyone yet. She was brave enough to go to JP's by herself and me and my friends told her to join us. I'm living with her this year!

ReputationRep:
    the problem is that I've noticed that people in jp's aren't particularly keen on starting the conversation, at least that's my experience, dunno, maybe I wasn't lucky enough. same with the clubs, so I don't really enjoy freshers', it's really disappointing as I though I would meet a lot of new people :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't particularly fancy going on my own though :o: .
    No chance of flatmates going with you?

ReputationRep:
    When is the Freshers Fair?

(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    When is the Freshers Fair?
    The sports fair is tomorrow and the societies fair is on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    Wicked. Might get ready to go out now.

(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Wicked. Might get ready to go out now.
    There's the 'university challenge' thing at Liquid tonight. Not really much else on apart from that.

ReputationRep:
    Going to JP's and then the Tunnels. Live gig. Then might head off to Snafu.

ReputationRep:
    Today was not particularly exciting!!

I don't get my room till 1st October so having to commute everyday till then...FML.

But considering staying for a night or two this week but I don't know anybody so dunno if it's even worth doing this.

I had a traumatic experience today on one of the buses... some 'lady' came and sat next to me when there were at least 35 other seats free (no exaggeration) and she was absolutely stinking....I nearly puked... wasn't the welcome to Aberdeen I expected. FML x 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lvdw)
    the problem is that I've noticed that people in jp's aren't particularly keen on starting the conversation, at least that's my experience, dunno, maybe I wasn't lucky enough. same with the clubs, so I don't really enjoy freshers', it's really disappointing as I though I would meet a lot of new people :/
    Zapraszam do Watering Hole

ReputationRep:
    i live in crombie and i think its more isolated here....cuz theres just rooms and that all and when i moved in i knocked on doors and introduced myself to pp and nothin much came out of it! btw i am on a floor of 12 rooms with only 4 pp on it! lol
    i went to hillhead last nite and had a bangin time! :P i'm glad a got some friends and pp already who are at aberdeen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mammix)
    Zapraszam do Watering Hole
    spoko, zjawię się jak kac przejdzie hahahaha :P

ReputationRep:
    origin wins. go to origin - boycott liquid.

ReputationRep:
    ^Thanks . Looks like I'm on my own again tonight though- everyone is off out with friends they had before they came to uni .
    hey mate im in the same position but i live on king street. and there all second years or third years. and itsw been hard to talk to freshers as they all running around and already formed into groups. what u studying by the wway

ReputationRep:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    I went into one, might go for another through e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    I think i went a bit mad on the society front. I signed up for 7 although there is 3 i'm more serious about. Also, when do our timetables get uploaded to the portal?
    My advisor said that they should appear 1 day after the meeting, but I can't tell you if that is true, as I can't see mine

ReputationRep:
    I'm on email lists for hockey, mountaineering, concert band and wilderness medics currently. I really don't know what to do tonight, I'm still really tired despite staying in last night but atleast I don't have anything until 1 tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    When do lectures start, I don't have my timetable so it doesn't like start soon does it?

ReputationRep:
    Monday, I think. So there's still time

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.