Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, are tutorials on this week or not?

(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Right, are tutorials on this week or not?
    I don't think so. I went to one this morning and the teacher didn't turn up, so we all left. And I heard the same thing about other tutorials as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    I don't think so. I went to one this morning and the teacher didn't turn up, so we all left. And I heard the same thing about other tutorials as well.
    If you go on registry it says in most of the module guides when they start. Most start in the second week, sometimes third for level 1.

ReputationRep:
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    So do you just turn up to tutorials? Like ones that suit you?

I sound like a massive spack this entire thread :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    go to www.abdn.ac.uk/mycourses at least for computing sciences and math the tutorial sign up lists are there

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, man. Nobody ever told me about that :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Tends to be just word of mouth around here.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. Also, do the advisers check their email at all? How should we set any appointments and explain clashes without them answering our mails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milusia)
    Awesome. Also, do the advisers check their email at all? How should we set any appointments and explain clashes without them answering our mails?
    I have exactly the same problem, who is your advisor btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdRage)
    I have exactly the same problem, who is your advisor btw?
    Dr Leonhardt-Balzer

ReputationRep:
    advisors fail. go to the hub and/or contact the registry office. boycott advisors.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody go to the photography society and/or the boxing events last night?

If so, impressions?

(Original post by judicious)
    Anybody go to the photography society and/or the boxing events last night?
    I was at the Boxing last night and I have to say, it was quite intense considering it was the very first training session. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it very much and am going to commit myself to it.

I'll be going to the MMA training session tonight and then the Boxing on Friday again. It's very tough on myself physically, as I'm so exhausted right now, I can barely bend down or walk downstairs. But it's always difficult at the start and I'm sure my body will adapt itself over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    I was at the Boxing last night and I have to say, it was quite intense considering it was the very first training session. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it very much and am going to commit myself to it.

I'll be going to the MMA training session tonight and then the Boxing on Friday again. It's very tough on myself physically, as I'm so exhausted right now, I can barely bend down or walk downstairs. But it's always difficult at the start and I'm sure my body will adapt itself over time.
    Was it proper boxing training or one of those stupid boxercise classes?

How many people? good trainers?

Also, who does the MMA sessions?

Sorry for all the questions :p:

ReputationRep:
    I missed the Comedy Society thing :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I missed the Comedy Society thing :emo:
    Did you join any other societies/clubs?

ReputationRep:
    Did you join any other societies/clubs?
    Nah, might e-mail a few soon.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, might e-mail a few soon.
    Best bet is probably to stick to one or two which you regularly attend rather than loads but no attendance.

Was it proper boxing training or one of those stupid boxercise classes?
    No, it's proper boxing. They're the Scottish university champions for eight years running, and British university champions for the last two years.

I didn't say it was intense for nothing.

How many people? good trainers?
    There were quite a lot of people, and they split us into groups and we took turns doing different activities (shadow boxing, pads, body boxing, etc.)

They said that over the course of the next few lessons they'll split us down into smaller groups and more experienced boxers will be coming in to give us coaching and more personal training.

Also, who does the MMA sessions?
    I don't know how I'd go about answering this question. But apparently they're part of Team Jigoku, 'one of the finest teams in Scotland'. And they one the only...whatever you call it...that was held in Aberdeen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.