Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    King Street Exchange, across the road from the MacRobert Building.

Ahh right. Is it good?

(Original post by judicious)
    Ahh right. Is it good?
    Yes, it's quite good. Visitors from Spring Gardens, Hillhead, Crombie & Johnston have also commented on how good it was compared to where they were staying.

It's not that good though. The showers are tiny, my kitchen's got some permanent burn marks on it, and I can't see what temperature I'm cooking at in the oven. And it's UNITE, so it's stupidly overpriced.

Where did you move in then? :curious:

"Now you're going to get that suitcase of yours and stuff it with everything you need to survive on your own because you're coming to Aberdeen!"
    Ha. If I see you around.. or can work out who you are, I'm so going to shout a round or two of drinks. (while I sip my Ribena :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's quite good. Visitors from Spring Gardens, Hillhead, Crombie & Johnston have also commented on how good it was compared to where they were staying.

It's not that good though. The showers are tiny, my kitchen's got some permanent burn marks on it, and I can't see what temperature I'm cooking at in the oven. And it's UNITE, so it's stupidly overpriced.

Where did you move in then? :curious:
    Is it an en-suite room?

I've moved into private accommodation. Got a room in a flat, it's very near to the sports village so I'm near campus which is a huge bonus!

(Original post by judicious)
    I've moved into private accommodation. Got a room in a flat, it's very near to the sports village so I'm near campus which is a huge bonus!
    I'm very close to the sports village as well, about a 5 minute walk away. So it seems we've both been given good deals in terms of being close to study and exercise. :work: :dumbells:

The only bad thing (and it's not that bad) is that the city centre is a 20 minute walk or so away. But at least we're closer than those staying in Hillhead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I think I might be the first one to drop out.. before we've even started! :eek:

I don't think ABDN was for me after all..
    I've been following this thread for the past year and I've noticed that you were, maybe, the most enthusiastic person around and unlike you, Ramocito was the most sceptical about absolutely everything:toofunny: . It’s somehow surprising that Ramocito is actually doing pretty well and you already plan to drop out. This is really f...d up man.
    If you are a drama queen and want to change your degree...what can I say about that, I’ve already changed my degree 3 times in the last week and I still have doubts about various aspects of my curriculum:confused: . As Ramocito says, forget about the future now, do whatever you enjoy most and worry later about job prospects and stuff. Remember that an educated person (no matter from which academic background) will always find a good job and have a pretty decent life. And I’m sure that Aberdeen Uni can train you with all the necessary skills that you might need to have that decent life.

I know that not knowing anyone can be very very depressing right now. I must commute 60 miles every day and for the last 2 weeks I came to Aberdeen and basically I didn’t speak whit ANYONE, except, my advisor and one guy which is from my country (and I didn’t came here to be friend with people from my country ) . I actually don’t know anyone in the UK (except my girlfriend), I am 30 years old, huge lack of exercise in spoken English, shy enough, I never drink, I don’t like going in clubs ...well, I practically have all the reasons to drop out . But I won’t do that because I am very excited about the whole new world that I see around me and I want to explore it bit by bit, at my pace (even if it's hard right now) and you should do the same.

You will certainly change your degree to Politics and History, don’t worry about that, just stay and enjoy them (If I were british and had English as my native language, I wouldnt drop out from the English course, but this is just my opinion).
    Hope to see you around.

(Original post by ColdRage)
    I've been following this thread for the past year and I've noticed that you were, maybe, the most enthusiastic person around and unlike you, Ramocito was the most sceptical about absolutely everything:toofunny: . It’s somehow surprising that Ramocito is actually doing pretty well and you already plan to drop out. This is really f...d up man.
    If you are a drama queen and want to change your degree...what can I say about that, I’ve already changed my degree 3 times in the last week and I still have doubts about various aspects of my curriculum:confused: . As Ramocito says, forget about the future now, do whatever you enjoy most and worry later about job prospects and stuff. Remember that an educated person (no matter from which academic background) will always find a good job and have a pretty decent life. And I’m sure that Aberdeen Uni can train you with all the necessary skills that you might need to have that decent life.

I know that not knowing anyone can be very very depressing right now. I must commute 60 miles every day and for the last 2 weeks I came to Aberdeen and basically I didn’t speak whit ANYONE, except, my advisor and one guy which is from my country (and I didn’t came here to be friend with people from my country ) . I actually don’t know anyone in the UK (except my girlfriend), I am 30 years old, huge lack of exercise in spoken English, shy enough, I never drink, I don’t like going in clubs ...well, I practically have all the reasons to drop out . But I won’t do that because I am very excited about the whole new world that I see around me and I want to explore it bit by bit, at my pace (even if it's hard right now) and you should do the same.

You will certainly change your degree to Politics and History, don’t worry about that, just stay and enjoy them (If I were british and had English as my native language, I wouldnt drop out from the English course, but this is just my opinion).
    Hope to see you around.
    You're an absolute dude! Plus, you're right. I was sooo enthusiastic.. I'm hoping it was 'first day' nerves and leaving all my close friends etc (they're all pretty much within ~2hrs drive from each other) and I'll feel better when I return

As for friends etc.. I reckon I could get on with practically anyone.. but I didn't even try. I turned up.. sulked and then decided I was going home. :p:

I hope to see you soon too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm very close to the sports village as well, about a 5 minute walk away. So it seems we've both been given good deals in terms of being close to study and exercise. :work: :dumbells:

The only bad thing (and it's not that bad) is that the city centre is a 20 minute walk or so away. But at least we're closer than those staying in Hillhead.
    Yeah, let's see if we make the proximity count :p:

Yeah, that's the downside but it's manageable, 20 minute walk I can deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong topic

ReputationRep:
    Electro Propaganda 2010 Launch Night this friday. Set to be a big night! (Partially because I'm playing)
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...3676261&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's interested, I've got "Hebrew from scratch. Part 1" by Shlomit Chayat, Sara Israeli and Hilla Kobliner to borrow. It's just a xerocopy with notes in Polish from time to time, but maybe someone needs it or something. I got it sent from home before I changed the course and I don't need it now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.