Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You're too posh to be a footballer, but not posh enough to be socially secure or ruling class. In fact, is it just especially the preserve of bedwetting, earnest types who worry about the political order?

ReputationRep:
    You're comfortable financially. What on earth more could you want?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's much more fun being working class like me.

No car, no holidays, limited financial security, living in a crap area... God, don't you wish you were me?

OP; you're a fecking moron. It's like "I have nothing to really complain about... so I'll make something up". Diddums.

Only benefit I can think of is I can do double Dutch like a black girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Well , I'm just saying is it a mugs game? Enough affectations of refinement, watching french films etc, but your too posh to be ballsy and cool and working class anmd abandoned ie footballer, and your too earnest and concerned about the social order to be lording it/arrogantly ruling class/opportunist etc.

It's neither one thing nor t'other. Like I say, the perfect class for the earnest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Yeah, it's much more fun being working class like me.

No car, no holidays, limited financial security, living in a crap area... God, don't you wish you were me?

OP; you're a fecking moron. It's like "I have nothing to really complain about... so I'll make something up". Diddums.
    Some people don't get pitching ideas and abstraction do they? Don't take me so literally.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but we get to eat scones with clotted cream and jam whilst sipping on a cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Well , I'm just saying is it a mugs game? Enough affectations of refinement, watching french films etc, but your too posh to be ballsy and cool and working class anmd abandoned ie footballer, and your too earnest and concerned about the social order to be lording it/arrogantly ruling class/opportunist etc.

It's neither one thing nor t'other. Like I say, the perfect class for the earnest
    Jesus, you'd rather grow up poor so you could be "ballsy"?

When I was at school, all my middle class friends had hobbies, extra curricular activities, holidays, day trips, and loads of other stuff that mine couldn't afford. I'm not complaining about my own life, as it's comfortable enough for me, but I would have thought it was less boring to be middle class.

ReputationRep:
    Middle class life is dull. No excitement and challenges. Nothing has to be fought for. Being middle class, that is why I agree with you OP.

(Slightly.)

ReputationRep:
    This thread is going to involve a lot of whining from all classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    This :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    nah, i like being middle class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Jesus, you'd rather grow up poor so you could be "ballsy"?

When I was at school, all my middle class friends had hobbies, extra curricular activities, holidays, day trips, and loads of other stuff that mine couldn't afford. I'm not complaining about my own life, as it's comfortable enough for me, but I would have thought it was less boring to be middle class.
    Well- Who are the heroes-Accomplished intellectual and political greats, who are mostly privately educated, upper class, or in fact footballers, rockstars, who are working class. Middle class is boring..I just get the feeling it's the preserve of people who wait around worrying about making money or wanting things to be just so, the upper class guy doesnt care and says no time to think about that, i wanna be on top, the working class guy is the same about making it, the middlec class guy has a foot in both world sbut can't relly be either, and is more often in that very place because of an earnest disposition, not wild enough or feckless enough too be working class, but too politically sensitive and timid to be ruling class.

What's that old myth about working class people and upper class people finding mor of a bond than with midde class people? I tyink there may be truth in it.

ReputationRep:
    You can shoo the peasants off your delightful clone estate.

ReputationRep:
    You should be proud to be bourgeois. We are the backbone of Western civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    Well- Who are the heroes-Accomplished intellectual and political greats, who are mostly privately educated, upper class, or in fact footballers, rockstars, who are working class. Middle class is boring..I just get the feeling it's the preserve of people who wait around worrying about making money or wanting things to be just so, the upper class guy doesnt care and says no time to think about that, i wanna be on top, the working class guy is the same about making it, the middlec class guy has a foot in both world sbut can't relly be either, and is more often in that very place because of an earnest disposition, not wild enough or feckless enough too be working class, but too politically sensitive and timid to be ruling class.

What's that old myth about working class people and upper class people finding mor of a bond than with midde class people? I tyink there may be truth in it.
    Except that most working class people don't go on to be footballers or rockstars, because they're too busy trying to improve their life situation/become middle class.

Working class people aren't all "wild and feckless". They're just like everyone else, but with less money.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Except that most working class people don't go on to be footballers or rockstars, because they're too busy trying to improve their life situation/become middle class.

Working class people aren't all "wild and feckless". They're just like everyone else, but with less money.
    And they're all fat chavs. :rolleyes:

(The above sentence was made with extreme sarcasm.)

(Original post by Don_Scott)
    You should be proud to be bourgeois. We are the backbone of Western civilisation.
    Totally. Because it was the Bourgeoisie who erected the buildings, dug the coal, and built the machines that were the backbone of Western Civilisation... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You're too posh to be a footballer, but not posh enough to be socially secure or ruling class. In fact, is it just especially the preserve of bedwetting, earnest types who worry about the political order?
    Plenty of footballers are middle class (Frank Lampard went to a private school), and plenty of people from everywhere in society can now be the "ruling class", so your already ****** and hardly comprehensive arguments are also pretty baseless in truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    Totally. Because it was the Bourgeoisie who erected the buildings, dug the coal, and built the machines that were the backbone of Western Civilisation... :rolleyes:
    No, they just designed and paid for them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.