Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The big scary STEP results countdown/discussion thread 2009! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So now I've registered to get my STEP results, I just got a whole lot more nervous, so I thought we needed somewhere to vent our nerves/count down the 10 DAYS until we know...

Anyone want to make predictions? I feel I should be confident that I made my offer, but that confidence is rapidly decreasing as results day draws nearer and nearer...

Also, does anyone know what time the site will update? (not that it matters as I will be up all night whatever, but you know...) and anyone know if we will get our mark as well as our grade on the site?

Good luck everyone, not long now... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    psh, 12 is ezmode.

11 is for the real men (and women), which will make these coming days...interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    psh, 12 is ezmode.

11 is for the real men (and women), which will make these coming days...interesting
    Whilst I would be over the mathematical moon with 12, I really would like 11. I want to be a real man... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I think I am going to attempt to get some sleep and get my results in the morning

EDIT: I fear that I am looking at a 21 actually (hmm)

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a bet with me that if I get 11 he'll eat his shirt.

as you can probably tell confidence in me wasn't too high among my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a really tasty shirt...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I hate you I hate you I hate you I registered for my results at 9am, before I'd even got out of bed. Dunno why.

With any luck I'll meet the STEP part of my offer. If not, it's not the end of the world, but I'd much rather do Papers 1 and 2 of the Part IA Maths Tripos than do the NatSci Maths paper and a paper from PPS Part IA (which I'll have to do if I don't meet STEP) alongside CS in the first year. The frustration I face is that, had I been given an extra 30 minutes in the exams to check over my answers, I'd have likely spotted the silly mistakes I made and corrected them. Especially with STEP II, I realised my mistakes just as I was walking out of the exam hall... fortunately I don't think the mistakes were too big.

In short, I need 11, and I think I'm borderline S/1 on STEP I and borderline 1/2 on STEP II. My estimations are probably far wrong though; I'll end up with something like an S in STEP II and a 3 in STEP I or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I got a good 1 in STEP II but a 3 in STEP III .

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if I tell them I'm set on doing Physics after the first year, and then change my mind half way through...

ReputationRep:
    aha...

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...s_officers.pdf

apparantly the results are released at midnight - I can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing. I guess it may mean I will be able to sleep after I find out, but almost certainly not...

And our schools get our results before us! How mean...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    And our schools get our results before us! How mean...
    I'm sure we can bribe them...

But yes, midnight, that's good because it means I'll have an idea of my fate before I go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn: should I stay up, find out my results early and not get to sleep due to excitement/depression, or go to bed and not be able to sleep due to extreme nervousness?

a foxy dilemma
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by around)
    I'm torn: should I stay up, find out my results early and not get to sleep due to excitement/depression, or go to bed and not be able to sleep due to extreme nervousness?

a foxy dilemma
    What you're asking us is should you (a) not sleep, or (b) not sleep? I vote (a) :p: You might as well at least know.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nuodai)
    What you're asking us is should you (a) not sleep, or (b) not sleep? I vote (a) :p: You might as well at least know.
    Likewise. You'll have agonised over them long enough. No point in sleeping purely as a formality. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aarrggghhh - its all of a sudden become very real!

Major Dilema:
    I got a phone call this morning off the head of A levels at my college and I have to go in at 7am to collect my results and I have to open them infront of the press. Last year GMTV were there :eek: And I've just acquired the biggest spots known to man!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by The Muon)

Major Dilema:
    I got a phone call this morning off the head of A levels at my college and I have to go in at 7am to collect my results and I have to open them infront of the press. Last year GMTV were there :eek: And I've just acquired the biggest spots known to man!
    I'd never open my results on the telly. I'd look back on it and cringe for the rest of my life. Especially if you read the wrong results and then realised you'd missed your offer.

Yeah, that'd be terrible.

ReputationRep:

Major Dilema:
    I know what channel I'm watching, we will both find out your results :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the STEP II boundary is low - I made so many stupid errors!

I wish they would release the grade boundaries now, even if they don't give us our results. At least then I might be better prepared for what I'm going to get...

ReputationRep:
    Major Dilema:
    *MJ* will not be happy

ReputationRep:
    Major Dilema:
    What's the dilemma?

Other than confusing the whole of the nation with this 'STEP' thing.

(Original post by sonofdot)
    apparantly the results are released at midnight
    I hate the tension I can't even put to words what I want to say.
    Something about knowing I've met my Warwick offer before I sleep rather than relying on the AEA 10 hours later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.