Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by My Alt)
    40% of those taking STEP III get a one or above. 60% of people who get their mathematics offer from Cambridge get in so... the discrepancy comes from somewhere.
    Some colleges ask for 1/2, so that could account for part of it, and then I'd imagine the rest come from the pool. 1/3 might be a bit low, but who am I to say?

ReputationRep:
    I met someone at my interview who'd got a 1/3 and still got in. It's not unheard of.

(i hope S/2 or 2/S is good enough as well...)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    On a side-note, I had my first STEP dream last night! It didn't go well. I logged onto the online system, and STEP I had a '3' next to it, and STEP II had an 'N'. I also failed both of my AEAs and didn't get into Cambridge because my A-levels were all sorts of weird grades that don't exist (none of which were As). Let's just hope this doesn't happen on the day, eh?

Can't wait for 'em. I'm expecting 2 in II and S in III, which is rather awkward. I'd be absolutely over the moon if my II was a 1.

Best of luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Just had the thought.

Here's a song in the key of S

ReputationRep:
    I actually dreamt last night of being on TSR in the build up to results but didn't dream about getting the results, how cool am I...? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't know how common 1/2 offers are, I don't know what proportion of colleges want what, but in some cases I might imagine those with 1/2 offers might still get 1/1.

Either way, a 20% discrepancy is reassuring enough for me. Predicting now that I'm staring at a 2/1 or (gulp) a 2/2. I really will be dissapointed if I don't get a 1 in III, because I felt I put in a really good performance (but is that saying much?) but I know I under-performed in II, hopefully they'll see my script and notice that I had the right idea for the last part of Q7 STEP II and crossed it out again because I thought it probably wasn't right and not worth the time :3
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't know how I stand with my STEP offer. I wonder if I get 1/2 I'll be allowed to do the "with Mathematics" part or not... though I think that's a case of persuading them when [if] I get there.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why u guys think there must be discrepency simply because "40% of those taking STEP III get a one or above. 60% of people who get their mathematics offer from Cambridge get in". Not all people taking STEP III hold a Cambridge offer. That makes the comparison of the two percentages meaningless.

For ****'s sake, I can't log into the Cambridge Assessment website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    For ****'s sake, I can't log into the Cambridge Assessment website.
    What's the problem? When I first did it, it kept telling me to enter a valid date for my birthday. I switched browsers (from chrome to ie) and it worked fine.

ReputationRep:
    It works on Firefox as well.

chrome isn't a web browser it's a way of life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    chrome isn't a web browser it's a way of life
    I :love: chrome, can't wait to see the os...

(Original post by sonofdot)
    What's the problem? When I first did it, it kept telling me to enter a valid date for my birthday. I switched browsers (from chrome to ie) and it worked fine.
    Having completely misread the registration sheet, thinking I had to register at least 10 days before 20th August, I registered as soon as possible, sometime in late June. I realised my mistake, and e-mailed Cambridge Assessment. They told me it'd be fine, just log in as normal after 10th August and I haven't done any damage.

I got back off holiday yesterday, I've tried to log on today, but it won't let me do so. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    I :love: chrome, can't wait to see the os...
    I have an android phone and that is **** hot!!! Google FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    Having completely misread the registration sheet, thinking I had to register at least 10 days before 20th August, I registered as soon as possible, sometime in late June. I realised my mistake, and e-mailed Cambridge Assessment. They told me it'd be fine, just log in as normal after 10th August and I haven't done any damage.

I got back off holiday yesterday, I've tried to log on today, but it won't let me do so. D:
    I did the same, but mine is fine now.

ReputationRep:
    Uhm... have you seen this guys?

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge..._STEP_2009.pdf

Why is 2 on III so high this year?? Argh noooooooo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xei)
    Uhm... have you seen this guys?

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge..._STEP_2009.pdf

Why is 2 on III so high this year?? Argh noooooooo...
    :eek: Well that puts any chance of an S out of the window!!!

67/120 for a 1... I reckon I got 78-80, hopefully I'm not missing over 10 slipped marks...

ReputationRep:
    71 for a 1 in STEP 2?!

Why are the bloody boundaries so HIGH THIS YEAR?!?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, well that just made me **** a brick :o:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.