Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhhh I've almost DEFINTELY got a 3 in III, which is fairly consistent with the fact that my SAQ still works so I'm probably in the pool.

AHHRGGRHRH they're so highhhhhhhh.

My optimistic predicted marks are 75 on II and 57 on III. That means I'm basically teetering on the difference between a 1,2 and a 2,3, and so basically the difference between acceptance and rejection. I feel ill.

ReputationRep:
    That's a U in III, which I already knew, and a high 2 or low 1 in II for me, I think (depending on how I fiddle the numbers I come out between about 65 and 73).

(I thought a 1 was always around 70, so 71 in II doesn't seem drastically high?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    That's a U in III, which I already knew, and a high 2 or low 1 in II for me, I think (depending on how I fiddle the numbers I come out between about 65 and 73).

(I thought a 1 was always around 70, so 71 in II doesn't seem drastically high?)
    Will they consider you for Compsci with Natural Sciences if STEP doesn't work out?

The STEP II boundaries are high but unsurprising considering the last few years - the STEP III boundaries, on the other hand, are absolutely mental.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed with how high the S is in II, looks like I'll be getting a 1, unless the examiner decides to mark my two part questions nicely.

EDIT: Any idea when the examiners' report is published?

ReputationRep:
    And I thought STEP III was so hard... no way can I get a 2... blerrghhhhhh. Those boundaries are stoopid. >:V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    Will they consider you for Compsci with Natural Sciences if STEP doesn't work out?
    Unlikely - my offer was roughly equivalent to AAA with two of those at 90%, but I only had one at 90% because I had a disaster during the maths exam. :o: Consequently, I'm attempting to redeem myself by making my STEP offer.

I've reconciled myself to going to my insurance, so the worst I can expect is not to be disappointed!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The boundaries do look a bit odd. It is certainly hard on people who took STEP I in preference to STEP III to get into Warwick.

32.4% of candidates achieved S, 1 or 2 on STEP I whereas 45.8% of candidates achieved S or 1 on STEP III!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xei)
    Arghhhhhh I've almost DEFINTELY got a 3 in III, which is fairly consistent with the fact that my SAQ still works so I'm probably in the pool.

AHHRGGRHRH they're so highhhhhhhh.

My optimistic predicted marks are 75 on II and 57 on III. That means I'm basically teetering on the difference between a 1,2 and a 2,3, and so basically the difference between acceptance and rejection. I feel ill.
    My SAQ also works, so I'm definitely hoping that this theory is incorrect!

Hoping for a U in STEP III aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    The boundaries do look a bit odd. It is certainly hard on people who took STEP I in preference to STEP III to get into Warwick.

32.4% of candidates achieved S, 1 or 2 on STEP I whereas 45.8% of candidates achieved S or 1 on STEP III!
    I presume that's down to much lower standards from the Warwick offer-holders sitting STEP I, though. I can't see many of them preparing to anywhere near the extend of the Cambridge crowd.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    I presume that's down to much lower standards from the Warwick offer-holders sitting STEP I, though. I can't see many of them preparing to anywhere near the extend of the Cambridge crowd.
    I agree but last year 45.1% of candidates attained S, 1 or 2 on STEP I so we may find Warwick accepting people who fail to make their offers or they may be left with empty seats!

ReputationRep:
    Don't Warwick massively overoffer anyway?

well maybe not massively

Looking at that, I could well have a 3 in II.

ReputationRep:
    my saq doesnt work!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Holy shizzle, the grade boundaries and distributions are out already? That has terrified me. I answered 6 questions on each of STEP I and II though, and I needed to average about 11-12/20 to get a 1 in each paper, so... shrug. My sloppy mistakes may well have cost me it. We'll see.

(Original post by lilman91)
    my saq doesnt work!
    Indeed. Mine comes up with an error message saying "your application is no longer active." I hope this means that they've made a decision, and not that I've been rejected :p: Can any uber-awesome people who are very unlikely to miss their offer (that's you Alex) check theirs to calm/rage my nerves please?

ReputationRep:
    Those are high - I think that's the first time I've seen the I boundaries look similar to the II and III boundaries, they're normally significantly higher. This had made me more nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Could we be specific about the SAQ thing..?

Some people's say 'your application is no longer active'... these people seem to be OK.

Then there's people like me who can still log on or get an error message, and I've messed up.

(Original post by me in the STEP II discussion thread)
    I'm estimating my score is 58 pessimistically and 85 optimistically
    Anywhere from a high 3 to a middling 1, then.

Anyone else surprised at how there's only 10 marks between the 1/2 and 2/3 borderlines?

ReputationRep:
    I can log on to SAQ, but it seems we have not decided if this is good or bad news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    Anywhere from a high 3 to a middling 1, then.

Anyone else surprised at how there's only 10 marks between the 1/2 and 2/3 borderlines?
    I don't think that's too unusual, actually. I think people overestimate the degree to which the 2 grade can act as a cushion for those with (1,2) offers rather than (1,1).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    I can log on to SAQ, but it seems we have not decided if this is good or bad news?
    I think the general concensus is that this would suggest your application details are still needed - i.e you've been pooled.

Obviously this is all conjecture though, please don't take this as gospel!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.