Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What link are people using to get the SAQ? I used https://camsis.cam.ac.uk/psp/saq_prod&pid=[Presumably personal ID] but just get a straightforward 404.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    I can log on to SAQ, but it seems we have not decided if this is good or bad news?
    Well what's your STEP situation..?

It looks like it might mean you haven't made your offer (so pool or rejection)...

But obviously it's mainly guesswork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    Looking at that, I could well have a 3 in II.
    If you've got something stupid like (3,1) or (3,S) then I'd suggest you consider only putting the STEP III result down on UCAS when you apply in a month or two.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    The results from January, and common sense, seem to indicate that this error message comes up when a decision has been made; it says nothing about whether you have an acceptance or rejection. Indeed, you'd have to wait until Thursday to be sure that you've been pooled with a lack of that message, and even in such cases there's a chance that it's not the case. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    I'm choosing to believe there is no correlation.

ReputationRep:
    Nah for some people the error message goes away after a while and they can log on again.

Mine changed from log on to error at like 6.30 too when I doubt anybody was making any decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Can any uber-awesome people who are very unlikely to miss their offer (that's you Alex) check theirs to calm/rage my nerves please?
    I get "no longer active", though I don't think its worth reading anything into this.

Gah, could they be any meaner? Why did they have to rock the boat and make us panic even more before thursday? :woo:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    I get "no longer active", though I don't think its worth reading anything into this.

Gah, could they be any meaner? Why did they have to rock the boat and make us panic even more before thursday? :woo:
    I'm bracing myself for a long 28 hours (!!!) of no sleep. Make that 34-36 hours if we're including Track. I don't care as much about the event in 40½ hours (speaking of which are you back in god's own country then?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    I'm bracing myself for a long 28 hours (!!!) of no sleep. Make that 34-36 hours if we're including Track. I don't care as much about the event in 40½ hours (speaking of which are you back in god's own country then?)
    :yep: driving back up tomorrow. There should probably be a law against driving whilst nervous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    I'm choosing to believe there is no correlation.
    I reckon there's probably some reason for the non-uniformality, even if it isn't to do with acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is keeping track of SAQ and trying to work out if/what the correlation is, I got a "no longer active".

ReputationRep:
    am I right in saying we can get the STEP results at midnight? (ish) not in a few hours i mean, but like next midnight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    am I right in saying we can get the STEP results at midnight? (ish) not in a few hours i mean, but like next midnight?
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Or it could be 1.

Who knows.

most likely midnight though.

**** me those grade boundaries are high, but looking on the bright side, almost 50% of people got 1's in STEP III...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest that just highlights the magnitude of my failure. And also the fact that there won't be many places for me to be pooled to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    Or it could be 1.

Who knows.

most likely midnight though.

**** me those grade boundaries are high, but looking on the bright side, almost 50% of people got 1's in STEP III...
    but almost 50% got 2's in STEP II.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad my offer from 1,2. and im almost certain I got a 1 in III and a 2 in II after looking at those grade boundaries.

really feeling for the people with 1,1s (and harder offers!) or people who feel like they underperformed in one of the exams.

are those boundaries legit?

ReputationRep:
    dw, I just checked and it is legit, haha!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I hadn't read that. I was thinking I got 60 in both I and II, which means I am, maybe, only just on the right side for Warwick. Crossing my fingers, but a gap year plan wouldn't be a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the grade boundaries so high this year? In previous years an S is usually awarded to the top octile - but 9.1%??? I think there will be a lot of mathmos in the summer pool this year...

ReputationRep:
    I did 5 and a half questions in each paper and my SAQ says" your application is no longer active".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.