Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The big scary STEP results countdown/discussion thread 2009! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    9 days ! :|
    What are my chances of getting 5 A ??
    Zero, given that it's impossible to get an A grade in STEP!

I hope everyone here has met their offers, and that anyone who did STEP for fun is rewarded!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, this thread reminded me to register. My III was laughably bad, I expect low single figures there. :p: II went okay, I think I'm probably looking at a good 2 or maybe a 1 there. On the other hand, I didn't do nearly as much revision as I should have done (which is why I avoided post-exam discussion like the plague!) and so I'm unlikely to be much good at judging it.

I did like the stats questions in II, tho'. It turned out that one of them was very similar (with a slightly less applied bent) to an assessment that was part of the Advanced Higher this year. I'm hoping that my STEP grade will make up for a complete panic during my AH maths exam that meant I got a low rather than high A (so I narrowly missed that part of my offer).

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my sheet...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Pimpin Juice)
    I've lost my sheet...
    It would probably help if you found it (or contacted someone who has the details), because the results will only be available online.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was clever enough to be getting these results

Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Rain)
    Argh, these kind of threads irritate me to no end!! They're always started by smug types who can't wait to tell everyone how they did :rolleyes:.

Mate, you've still got 10 days!! Isn't this thread a bit early? Way to go reminding everyone...I put it to the back of my mind last year and didn't even think about results day last year until the day before which was great as I only had 12 odd hours to be anxious about it. You're just going to get yourself all nervous and worried in the next 10 days which isn't good for anyone's health.

And why would anyone want to read a thread full of people predicting 'Oh, yeah I've probably got my grades, AAA, in the bag'....or 'OMG I've TOTALLY FAILED LYK OMG I'm gonna MISS MY OFFER. END OF WORLD!!1!'

None of you know yet, so que sera sera. Rather than contemplating it ridiculously early and over analysing something which you have no control over...why don't you just wait and see?

By the way, Track probably won't update until about 7am-8am the next day, or maybe even a few hours later. It definitely won't be updated at the stroke of midnight, so please don't be up all night.
    I guess you're right. 10 days was probably a bit too early to start this thread. I'd like to apologise to you, and to anyone else who was so deeply offended by me starting this thread.

But anyway gais, omg its now only 9 DAYS until we get our results!!!!!1!!!1!!! 9 DAYS! THATS LYK, ONLY ONE NUMBER, YEAH. ITS Lyk 216 hours OMFG!!!!!!! I'm just so ******* nervous, I mean I know I'll get SS, but what if I don't get over 100 in both papers!!!!!!!! I'd DIE!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need to worry about my health, my nervousness doesn't affect that. I mean, 10 cans of relentless a day is normal, right? Its not like anyone has slept at all since we did the exam, right? That's just a normal amount of worrying to do, isn't it?

Anyway, I reckon the best way to spend the next 9 days is to take a close look at the papers, so we can accurately know what our mark is going to be by next thursday. I'll start the ball rolling - I realised I put a \iff sign when I should have put a \implies sign in my answer to III question 4. How many marks do you reckon that will cost me? 19 maybe? Or am I being too generous on myself?

Only 9 DAYS people!!!! :eek3:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I drew a complete blank on III Q4, so I guess you're alright there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    It would probably help if you found it (or contacted someone who has the details), because the results will only be available online.
    I may never know my results :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimpin Juice)
    I may never know my results :eek3:
    Your school can still get the results off the website, using different login data. Or you could ask your school if they still have a copy of the sheet. Or you could send an email to Cambridge Assessment, explaining your situation and asking for your details again.

And sonofdot, you just won the internets. All of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempeststurm)
    And sonofdot, you just won the internets. All of them.
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Is it sad I check this thread BEFORE eating breakfast/lunch (brunch?)?

ReputationRep:
    I have news!
    (which matters to only me and one other person)

I'm still registered even though I deliberately registered earlier than 10 days before the results date.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhh
    thats all i think i need to say on the matter rly

ReputationRep:
    Guys, are you sure it's 10 days before that we can register? I lost my sheet ages ago when my girlfriend "tidied up"; thankfully I made a note of the login data on the computer just in case such a thing were to happen (good ol' notepad). Anyway, the point is that I don't know when it says to register, but something tells me it was 7 days - no idea why. So it's definitely 10?

ReputationRep:
    And re purple rain's rant, I admit that looking at this thread has actually made my heart race with a new level of nervousness. However, it's hardly like I wasn't worrying before, and I came on TSR knowing I would find such a thread. I don't think anyone's going to be innocently strolling the forums and then think "****, look at that thread! - it's almost time for STEP results! - I'd forgotten all about it!"

PS We allowed to swear?

The answer is no, it automatically replaces it with *s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    Guys, are you sure it's 10 days before that we can register?
    Yes. "Please make sure you register no earlier than 10 days before the advertised results release date."

I had a brief panic when I realized that I'd put the sheet in a safe place and couldn't remember which safe place it was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Yes. "Please make sure you register no earlier than 10 days before the advertised results release date."

I had a brief panic when I realized that I'd put the sheet in a safe place and couldn't remember which safe place it was!
    Would you save me all the google-ing and send me a link please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    Would you save me all the google-ing and send me a link please?
    https://results.cambridgeassessment....pen/login.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Seems my login details are wrong. This is what I have:
    Candidate number: S0119
    PIN: 9 digit number

Have a feeling I'm missing a digit on the candidate number - any ideas?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.