Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    Seems my login details are wrong. This is what I have:
    Candidate number: S0119
    PIN: 9 digit number

Have a feeling I'm missing a digit on the candidate number - any ideas?
    I think you may be right - mine is S00027, so maybe try an extra 0 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    I think you may be right - mine is S00027, so maybe try an extra 0 :yep:
    That was my next try but no luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    Seems my login details are wrong. This is what I have:
    Candidate number: S0119
    PIN: 9 digit number

Have a feeling I'm missing a digit on the candidate number - any ideas?
    Yes, mine is S12346 or something along those lines, I would think you are missing a number.

ReputationRep:
    Well I sent an e-mail anyway. I hope it's a simple enough process to give you the details. We all know what data protection's like nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    If that doesn't work try contacting your exams centre and hope they have backups.

ReputationRep:
    I predict 1,2 or less (most likely less). I'd say I've got a 50% chance of getting in, but definitely no chance at all of meeting my offer.

STEP III was the worst experience I've ever had in my entire life.

Excluding the chilli tequila.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonyMatt)
    Zero, given that it's impossible to get an A grade in STEP!

I hope everyone here has met their offers, and that anyone who did STEP for fun is rewarded!
    oh ...
    Sorry I was not talking about STEP :o: :o:
    I was talking abt gce results which come out on the same day :o:
    Edexcel Bio , chem , physics , C1 , C2 , S1 , Arabic
    Anyways .. 8 days
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Yes. "Please make sure you register no earlier than 10 days before the advertised results release date."
    I got really confused by that, because normally things like this want you to register before a certain deadline, not after one, so for the sake of it I registered exactly 10 days before, so that either way I'd be covered :p:

PS:
    8 days!

Or 7 days, 23 hours and about 45 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    I got really confused by that, because normally things like this want you to register before a certain deadline, not after one, so for the sake of it I registered exactly 10 days before, so that either way I'd be covered :p:
    It caught me, too - I double-checked the website to make sure that they both agreed. I was still going to go with your approach but forgot. :p:

Oh bother, I'm not sure if I can cope with the stress of another countdown so soon after the first!

ReputationRep:
    I should ask: is a PIN and a candidate number necessary to receive one's results? Because I, err, forgot to get mine. Can one still receive one's results at their centre in the old fashioned way: on paper and all that.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by updownturnaround)
    I should ask: is a PIN and a candidate number necessary to receive one's results? Because I, err, forgot to get mine. Can one still receive one's results at their centre in the old fashioned way: on paper and all that.
    You can't get them on paper, but your centre can get your results (there's a centre login as well as a candidate one), so chances are that your centre might print the results off for you. Alternatively, try phoning/emailing your centre or CA [or both] to see if you can recover your candidate number and PIN.

ReputationRep:
    You can't get them on paper, but your centre can get your results (there's a centre login as well as a candidate one), so chances are that your centre might print the results off for you. Alternatively, try phoning/emailing your centre or CA [or both] to see if you can recover your candidate number and PIN.
    Wow, such a quick reply! I hope you get an SS. Hmm, such a furore considering I'm only using the Internet from a cafe (with an accent above the e), but I'll have to use the *******phone to call them. It's political correctness gone mad.

ReputationRep:
    nuodai is always there to help, he surely deserves an SS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by updownturnaround)
    Wow, such a quick reply! I hope you get an SS. Hmm, such a furore considering I'm only using the Internet from a cafe (with an accent above the e), but I'll have to use the *******phone to call them. It's political correctness gone mad.
    Have you heard of spEak You're bRanes by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    I have news!
    (which matters to only me and one other person)

I'm still registered even though I deliberately registered earlier than 10 days before the results date.
    Am I hearing about another person who has been given their results before the time they're supposed to be released?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by SimonM)
    Am I hearing about another person who has been given their results before the time they're supposed to be released?
    Another? Who else?

ReputationRep:
    Another? Who else?
    One of my friends last year found out early due to some administrative mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimonM)
    One of my friends last year found out early due to some administrative mistake
    *Immediately checks website...*

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

No results yet.

I just registered on the day of STEP II.

I don't think the 10 day deadline mattered.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    *Immediately checks website...*
    I had the same reaction :p: Sadly, nada.

I do, however, have the login page bookmarked with the keyword "step" so I need only type "step" into my address bar to be taken there, and my PIN is committed to memory so it doesn't matter if I lose my piece of paper :p: Oh I am a sad act.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.