Turn on thread page Beta

The big scary STEP results countdown/discussion thread 2009! watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope it is actually midnight we can get them. I'm not counting down days anymore, I'm counting down hours.

ReputationRep:
    And there are how many?

pretty sure it's midnight btw
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by around)
    And there are how many?

pretty sure it's midnight btw
    It is definitely midnight.

173 hours and 16 minutes remaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    It is definitely midnight.

173 hours and 16 minutes remaining!
    But midnight GMT or BST? :iiam: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as the entire country is running BST atm, I also think it is a mystery :confused:

ReputationRep:
    7 days ! :|

ReputationRep:
    There are new updates on the STEP website. I am shocked by how they give an example of result of U/3 in STEP II/III. I wish mine does not look like that on the day....

ReputationRep:
    tbh if you get a U3 I doubt you were doing STEP for an offer. Either that or you didn't care about the offer...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here more worried about their FM grade than the STEP results?? I'm pretty sure I got at least a 2 in paper I which is what Warwick wanted, but the summer Edexcel FM papers were quite ******.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by turgon)
    Anyone here more worried about their FM grade than the STEP results?? I'm pretty sure I got at least a 2 in paper I which is what Warwick wanted, but the summer Edexcel FM papers were quite ******.
    I'm fairly worried, but I did 13 modules (and already have an A in 9 of them) so, with any luck, the best 12 of 13 should give me the double-A that I need. I could be wrong of course :p: Oh well, a week's time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've just read the results online guide on the STEP website. The sample results page only shows the grade and not the mark.

I seem to remember last year people were discussing their actual marks. Were they on the statement last year and if not, how did people find them out?

I don't suppose it really matters but it would be quite nice to know exactly how close we come to boundaries.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    I'm fairly worried, but I did 13 modules (and already have an A in 9 of them) so, with any luck, the best 12 of 13 should give me the double-A that I need. I could be wrong of course :p: Oh well, a week's time will tell.
    yes but don't you know 13's an unlucky number

(i did 13 as well. d1 barely counts)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by timbb)
    Hi

I've just read the results online guide on the STEP website. The sample results page only shows the grade and not the mark.

I seem to remember last year people were discussing their actual marks. Were they on the statement last year and if not, how did people find them out?

I don't suppose it really matters but it would be quite nice to know exactly how close we come to boundaries.

Thanks
    :iiam:

The information I've got from the CA website seems to indicate that we don't get our mark breakdown, but we do get the grade boundaries for each grade (which isn't much help), and that our centres only get a copy of what we get. I don't suppose it's much of a problem, but... yargh!

ReputationRep:
    In my dream last night, I got a 2S. I also shot myself, but for an unrelated reason.

ReputationRep:
    Oh don't even get me started on the STEP dreams...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had any STEP dreams yet. I did get some dreams immediately before Jan 3rd though about whether I'd get an offer or not though.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I haven't had any STEP dreams yet. I did get some dreams immediately before Jan 3rd though about whether I'd get an offer or not though.
    Same here; that night was a weird night.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: I remember one night sometime in the week before I got the letter when I had at least 3 dreams, in which I got an offer, got pooled or got rejected...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nchen5)
    There are new updates on the STEP website. I am shocked by how they give an example of result of U/3 in STEP II/III. I wish mine does not look like that on the day....
    link?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...Candidates.pdf

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.